Poll

Should there be an option to taunt your opponent?

Yes, only if it's PG, something you would say in battle26%26% - 20
Yes, make some R rated one as well40%40% - 30
No, I am not interested.33%33% - 25
Total: 75
ECH
+50|6643|Some where near you
I mean why not? It's just a game right?  You know you want to when that noob tubes you killing you in the first shot.  Or that prone jumper that shoots with deadly accuracy.  It's complicated enough to have to text it.  So why not taunt it?

Here is how it works. 
Press the "I" key (just the sake of arguement) and it will bring up a rose of taunts:
1.  Wow, you didn't see that coming did you? (grenaded)
2.  Have a nice day! (any weapon)
3.  Chew on this (noob tube)
4.  Send them packing men (taunt to your fellow men to get aggressive)
5.  Lets gang up on this noob (taunt for your men to gang up on 1 person)
6.  Were do you think you are going? (knife someone from behind)
7.  Oh Really!? (when you take out the sniper with a hand weapon)
8.  Crispy or Original Recipe (medic that shocks opponent with shock pads)
9.  Would you like some cheese with your whine (generic answer to someone complaining)
10.Sinister Laughter (after you take someone down)

With OPTION TO ENABLE OR DISABLE TAUNTS

I purposely left out statements like "you suck" as it would get spammed to death and its pointless.  But you get the idea.  Spamming the com would still be in effect so if you do it a lot you will get that 30 second time out.

As of March 2, 2006 so far (remember counts will change minute by minute)
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … mp;start=0
Yes PG 29 (means nice words no profanity)
Yes, rated R 31 (means words with profanity...sorry about that)
No, 31

TOTALS SO FAR:
Yes PG 46
Yes R   60
No       56

As of March 2, 2006 162 votes have been counted.  106 votes were cast requesting some form of taunt system for BF2.  Admin, please make a note of this as it does appear that 65% of those that voted want the taunt system established in BF2.

Last edited by ECH (2006-03-02 12:08:25)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6694|San Francisco
I definitely wouldn't mind a little voice taunting.  If I remember correctly, I think it was the Urban Terror mod for Quake 3 which included a huge amount of different things you could say, like positive and negative taunts, even with a general banter option (i.e., "Hey, how ya doin'?" or even (I kid you not, this was in the mod) "*sigh* Another day and no pussy...")
K_Shizzle
+0|6642
There is a way.  Corpse humping.
Stenchorz
+6|6680
tea bag
sniper7.xw
+1|6774
eh, the taunting is fun but tends to get out of hand
Chowley
+1|6686|Ireland
Eh I dont have a clue what  "R rated" is so i clicked the first option . But a button to do an improved Teabagging would be nice .
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK

sniper7.xw wrote:

eh, the taunting is fun but tends to get out of hand
Anyone who used the emotes in Black Hawk Down knows that. *Ahem*

Last edited by Milk.org (2006-02-28 14:00:21)

Seaneroo
+12|6659
Being taunted by some snot-nosed ten year old would certainly add to my enjoyment of the game.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6796|Barrington, RI
bring in the UT2004 taunts! "Spammer!"
ECH
no, no teabags please
ECH
Rated R...sorry about that, use profanity instead...
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701
Taunting would take away from the realism. I doubt the average American soldier speaks arabic or chinese, so soldiers from either army taunting him would just sound like a bunch of jibberish. In other words, theres no point.
WormGuts
+17|6794|Dayton, Ohio

ECH wrote:

1.  Wow, you didn't see that coming did you? (grenaded)
and why not add claymoe to that?

so many times i've been dropped as a sniper while hunting from the ground and before i respawn...KABOOM!!! stupid bastard trying to grab my rifle realizes too late i was booby trapped.

edit [i agree though taunting would get out of hand quickly...already have experienced to many people doing it on the 'j' channel.  i generally find a more mature server shortly after.]

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-02-28 21:45:12)

blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6702|Little Rock, Arkansas

Skruples wrote:

Taunting would take away from the realism. I doubt the average American soldier speaks arabic or chinese, so soldiers from either army taunting him would just sound like a bunch of jibberish. In other words, theres no point.
No, our soldiers like to put footballs in the hands of the Hajis that they kill. I personally find it kind of funny, but I think some of the folks over there, not so much. Its just a taunt of a different color.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6731|Uhh... erm...
"You're fried!" (shock paddled)

Lol, taunts would be funny.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
Childish, I think.
Face humping is good enough. More creative that way.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6648
there is no better taunt than shooting someone in the head...

I voted no because I can imagine what would happen, if we had tautns... There are already enough stupid kids spamming 'affirmative' and 'no can do'... now imagine you have a server with 64 players - there would be a constant spam of stupid taunts... not a very pleasant idea imo
ECH

Eboreus wrote:

there is no better taunt than shooting someone in the head...

I voted no because I can imagine what would happen, if we had tautns... There are already enough stupid kids spamming 'affirmative' and 'no can do'... now imagine you have a server with 64 players - there would be a constant spam of stupid taunts... not a very pleasant idea imo
Easy fix, have an option to enable or disable taunts from the audio options menu.  Enough said
cflorio
+0|6674
How about "Grandma was old, but she was slow"?

....  AAO players know what I'm talking about.
ECH
Don't know why this is so close when there is an option to DISABLE IT ALL TOGETHER, D'OH!!!!
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland
I like it.. the same u had in UT.. u killed someone and u could say like''U fight like a girl'' and other taunts.. I totally want that!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
if you want taunting go buy mike tyson boxing.
ECH
ok, I've updated a few more taunts to the list.
ECH

blisteringsilence wrote:

Skruples wrote:

No, our soldiers like to put footballs in the hands of the Hajis that they kill. I personally find it kind of funny, but I think some of the folks over there, not so much. Its just a taunt of a different color.
honestly, I don't get that joke...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard