BF2Craglyeye
+72|6670|Australia
I am constantly trying  to get into the medals, if there was a 4th place medal id be the king.

The only way i can get medals is to play as winning commander.

So my question is, how many of you have mainly got your medals through being a winning commander, or are you all freaks?

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-02-28 08:55:11)

WormGuts
+17|6791|Dayton, Ohio
i don't have all that many medals but only about 1/3 of them come from commanding.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6713
well alot of gold have i gotten from being a commander, ive got 52 and i think i got like 30-40 from commanding rest are from good flying in the bomber with a good gunner or just overally good teamwork and lots of kills, but i can recall that i earned all my bronze medals with being no commander
Barrakuda777
+86|6733|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Just a freak
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6842|Germany / Saxony
I´m some freak and got most medals just pwning a$$es like h3ll....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Jarheadz
+2|6630|Austin, Tx
well i got all mine from the kills i made....its easy to get medals either from killin with the guns u have or just rezzing peeps up with debif...(medic) and find an easy server also lol.
harleyds
+0|6675
I've got 11,8,16 in terms of Gold, Silver Bronze.  I haven't played commander in a while.  Only 15 hours total for that.

Most of my medals comes from playing Medic.  I join a good squad that uses VOIP and are constantly talking.  Not about crap like what the wather is like or what they had for dinner in ths school cafeteria.

I stick with them and tell them all that I'm a medic and if they get taken out or shot, I'm here to give them med packs or revive them.  Most of the time, there isn't a medic on the squad.  Having 2 medics on 1 squad is not bad.  It keeps the whole squad healthy.  If its an issue or there are already 2 medics, I respawn as Support and constantly hand out ammo packs and get the ammo points.  It also helps to be squad leader and a medic at the same time.  If your squad members are spawning on you, I think you get fractional points that add up. 

Not sure, but my best round was when I was a medic and also squad leader.  Everyone was spawning on me, cause I hung back and did some sniping froma distance and threw some grenades and stayed alive.  Then after the flag would turn neutral I would run out to join them and get the assist point and then heal and revive anyone that needed it.  In a firefight, I would stay prone behind a wall near everyone and just revive them if they got taken out.  Then I run around a building corner so that if a grenade landed on them, I would not get taken out with them.

Just some tips...
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6703|Antarctica
1st place isn't hard, just use a tank/chopper/play city maps as medic or support.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6718|Kirkland, WA
I'm kind of a freak (everyone I know says that I'm the twitchiest player they've ever seen, even in RTS games), but I also use armor and helicopters quite a bit. I virtually never play commander unless our team doesn't have one and we're getting slaughtered. I'd say about 2/3 of my medals were acquired as being an armor driver, helicopter pilot, medic, or anti tank soldier.

Gold 91
Silver 48
Bronze 41

Total Hours Played: 118:38

I average almost 1 gold medal every 5th round. I think it would actually be slightly higher if I had more continuous play. My problem is that I only play in half an hour and 1-2 hour sessions so I usually join a server half way through the round instead of the start, which reduces my chances of getting a medal.
|:><.><:|nogarD_lpC
+0|6651|Arkansas
The majority of my gold medals are from being in an APC, being a support or medic.  3/11 gold, 4/13 silver, 5/16 bronze are from commanding.  Some of my best rounds are from karkand and sharqi, where I was support with my fully upgraded MG36 support gun.  I have been able to take out snipers, and choppers with it (choppers need a little help, gun overheats to fast), and entire squads.
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6697|Arizona, USA
i used to never command. so i got most of mine from infantry on karkand.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6755|Brixham, UK
Most of mine come from shooting stuff in SF. Sf is much better for getting medals as infantry.
StickyBombs
+8|6754|Sacramento, CA (USA)
try being medic and rack up some team points...that's a good way.
StickyBombs
+8|6754|Sacramento, CA (USA)
try being medic and rack up some team points...that's a good way.
d3x74
+14|6644|NY
Second place is for the first looser.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6718|Kirkland, WA

d3x74 wrote:

Second place is for the first looser.
Unless your on the winning team.

Sometimes you can get gold and still be the looser. I can't recall how many times I've gotten gold but my team still lost.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

i normally get 1-2 gold or silver a day (i pwn in the plane on oman or wake) i love it so much!!!!!!!!!!
Kendoson
+10|6692|Scotland
I got most my golds as infintary with the run in like a crazy man try to cap flags solo lol works gr8 mostly however run in2 a proper teamworking squad they will have u, However should b noted that i got a fair few golds while being on a losing team go figure???
WooT_Stolpskott
+1|6726|Sweden
gold medals are easy=) just be a medic whore on karkand...
xbrandomx
+9|6647
I'm a freak.  without being a medic. 

ironically I've only gotten gold a few times from commanding... all the other times its been freaking out with a gun and capping MAD flags
Adam5286
+0|6673|CapeCod, MA USA
320 hours  130 gold....... maybe 10 from being a commander.  Most are from wake island and just not being an idiot.  When a ton of enemy are at the north.... go to the south and cap those bases.  It is common sense but most people are stupid
E|W4v0r
+8|6661|New York
None of them are from commanding (mainly because I suck at it still )
Just be a medic/support and whore it up.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6679
infantry, squad leader for flag capping. the less you die the more time you have to kill. this game is all about strats. once you get a strat that works for every map and any situation wins, medals and points roll in.

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_23194/tpl_0/image.jpg
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6754|Cardiff, Wales
Don't often go Commander so most of mine are from Medic/Support kits, or tank whoring
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA
Im just a freak because i don't command that much.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard