A.Frade
Banned
+4|6705
I once sniped a guy out of a jet but i did not see any jet and i run the visibility at like 90% but iknew it was a jet cuz he spawn raped my ass like 5 times on oman!
mporlier
+42|6656|Montreal, Canada

WormGuts wrote:

MelbourneVictory wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

personally, I think they've over-done all this fog in the game. view distance should be much greater. although it would come with greater demand for better computers.
They should at least give us the damn option to reduce it. Some of us do have rather beasty PC's, why let us suffer with the rest? I know it seems unfair to the people that haven't got a great unit, but it's a dog eat dog world.
Why let you suffer with the rest?  Well i have a nice video card, but a mid range processor.  My system is better than some peoples, but others systems are far better than my own.  So being one of the people in the middle of the road, as systems go, i would say that it's probably best to help keep the playing/battle field more level for all players.  This will, in a way, help keep more people playing the game.

Since i've been playing more in the sniper role, and becoming more proficient in it, i've found myself becoming more and more frustrated with fog.  I've also noticed that servers seem to have the ability to set fog levels.  I've found that fog on Sharqi, in particular, varies from server to server occasionaly.  I have never been an admin nor setup a server to see if this can be controled in some ways.  Yet it does appear to be possible.

edit [for punctuation]
Than why do they allow us to remove shading? This is unfair as well.
irok100
+114|6665
well, i long rane snipe all of the time in wake, across the bay and such... i took out the extra guy in a tank when i couldn't see him on screen. (i saw the guy, the tank moved back out of veiw) head shot, at least 500 meters from the south base across the long way to the north base.
Bio-Hazzard
+1|6674|Australia
id be happy just to get a good kill im not a verry good sniper i wish i could get some kills that some of you guys get
my view is your lucky if you hear the firsy shot LOL
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6732|Riva, MD
Yes, there should be an award, I killeda guy on Wake before from the little artillery island.  He was on the AA gun and when I finally hit it, it was a kill.  I asked him if he had full health and he said yes, so that was a verfied headshot on a target that I couldn't even see because of my graphics settings.  It is without a doubt, one of the best shots I have ever made.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

In response to some comments on this thread, a range finder would be a nice little device for a sniper. Also, fog isn't the problem so much as models disappearing at a certain range.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard