DuVeL
+2|6640|New Gitland, the Netherlands
http://www.realitymod.com/
Last night I played this for the first time and it was difficult but I think that if you'd play this more and then get back to normal BF2 you'll get loads more kills.

More info about it:
Project Reality is a modification for the Battlefield 2 engine. The developer's aims are to rework the original game engine developed by Digital Illusions of Sweden (Dice) to recreate a realistic combat environment. This includes adjusting the game's various elements that include physics, visual effects and gameplay. Along with changes to how the game handles, the PR team intends to include additional factions such as the British Military, and add to or alter existing factions so that they resemble real life military elements found within their respective environments.

The name 'Project Reality' is not solely for the purpose of throwing around a catchy title. Project Reality's team has a group of dedicated individuals, several of whom have backgrounds in armed services. Whose sole task it is to provide researched findings and statistical information to the developers tasked with creating the mod itself. If you are looking for a fact based FPS shooter from the perspective of a Soldier, Project Reality will be there to cater to those needs.

Inspiration for this modification has come from interviews BF2 Developers have participated in, to quote:

"Battlefield is all about fun, action-oriented gameplay. We'll leave the truly realistic experiences to the mod teams who thrive on that type of action." (DICE, source)

"Battlefield will always be first about fun and secondly about realism. Realism implies complexity." (Sean Decker, source)

Here are some very basic features that this mod will demonstrate once released.

- Kill Indicator Removed (e.g. Player A has killed Player B)
- Eliminate Friendly Indicator
- Realistic Ballistics (Bullet Drop, Speed, ROF)
- Longer Spawn Times (So hold on to your life)
- Realistic Damage (Goal is that damage to different hitboxes has different outcomes)
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
PR is what i wanted BF2 to be in the first place ... no offens but i hope your not a 12 or 13 year old .... cause the VOIP SUCK$ .... PR is more .... Mature

AND STILL LEARNING VOIP MYSELF

Last edited by Tjasso (2007-04-09 19:32:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard