megaboost
+14|6653|Englandshire
Nobody else will care and you really had to be there to appreciate it but the other night I managed to take a chopper down with C4 in a way I haven't before...

The map was Sharqi, my most regular haunt at the moment, and I was on top of the TV station after chasing a MEC chap up there - suddenly I saw the MI-28 approaching but instead of checking the roof out first the pilot went straight to the flag and hovered.

So I tossed some C4 over the edge, with 1.2 in play I wasn't sure how much distance I could get though. The first couple dropped to the ground but the third landed on the rotor blade, the part of the story that amused me was watching is spin around on top of the chopper.

I almost wanted to let him take the flag so I could take him out when he was on his way elsewhere but of course the other 2 C4 packs would blow and maybe force a TK... so I took him out and got a "nice one" from the pilot.

Dull story but the sight of the C4 rotating at speed amused me - something to consider when those pesky pilots are flying low
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...
Once when I was jobless on an empty Wake server, I took about 15 minutes to attach C4 on the edge of each rotor blade on the Chinese attack heli. The results were hilarious.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6619|Hong Kong
are you british, megaboost?
megaboost
+14|6653|Englandshire

SmilingBuddha wrote:

are you british, megaboost?
I am indeed, why do you ask?
SmilingBuddha
+44|6619|Hong Kong
cos u speak like one
i can do cockney, scottish and yorkshire accent
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

you guys have way too much spare time....
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720

SmilingBuddha wrote:

cos u speak like one
can you do them well though?

i can do load of accents but REALLY badly. even the scottish one!! (look at where i am from)
DuVeL
+2|6639|New Gitland, the Netherlands
I usually get the question if I'm from the UK because of my accent, people don't believe I'm Dutch, lol.
Ahwell, taht's what you get after spending loads of times in the UK.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6683|Norway
[support] i liked your story about the C4... [/support]

megaboost
+14|6653|Englandshire

SmilingBuddha wrote:

cos u speak like one
I'm from Yorkshire

When I was in the US everyone seemed to think I was Australian... oddness!
SmilingBuddha
+44|6619|Hong Kong
haha

hav u heard of marlborough college?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6670
before 1.2 you could throw c4 on the rotors in about 15 seconds by jumping and throwing. Thats the only part of c4 chucking i really miss.
SmilingBuddha
+44|6619|Hong Kong
ooooo i really want to go to the uk
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6652|Stillwater, Ok
Lol i dont see how people mix up accents....ive talked to british enlisted and officers, had a friend she was from australia, ive been to ireland and germany. Its not tooooo hard to tell were someone is from atleast round about in the world.
SmilingBuddha
+44|6619|Hong Kong
its quite easy to tell where someone is from by their accent
i can tell straight away most of the time
BVC
+325|6665
I once got mistake for an Australian BY an Australian!
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
Reminds me of something I saw just this morning......someone on my team had placed C4 on all the tires of his jeep and was driving across the map.  It was freakin hilarious to watch the red skulls bouncing up and down as the tires went round!
MelbourneVictory
+2|6615|Melbourne, Australia

megaboost wrote:

SmilingBuddha wrote:

cos u speak like one
I'm from Yorkshire

When I was in the US everyone seemed to think I was Australian... oddness!
Not quite sure how people mix up accents so badly. There are some major differences between UK accents and Aussie ones. A lot of yanks don't know what a passport is though, so their experiences with people from other nations would be limited.

PUBIC: Easy to mix an Aussie up with a Kiwi until you start saying Fish n Chips.
Chowley
+1|6656|Ireland
Ive been told I sound dutch .

Im nearly tempted to get on bf2 to stick c4 on all the rotors of a helicopter now .
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6598|Floriduh
Managed to do that on Surge one day. At the main rebel spawn, and a spetz was stealing the chopper. Managed to run up and toss 2 c4 packs on him just in time. Let him fly away just out of sight and *click*. Dude was confused as hell, called me a hacker (of course) and tried to kick me 5 times for it, but everybody else laughed.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland
once when i was on dalian plant, i had two C-4 on the road waiting for un-suspecting vehicles to pass, but then i see the Z-10 fly down the road reallllly close to the ground, (the pilot thinking hes all good with flying and all) so just as he flys over i detonate killing the two guys inside AND a jeep coming down the road with three people in it, killing all 5 and thus gettin me my basic explosvies badge, but i had many other kills before that
LG-MindBullets
+10|6691|Kirkland, WA
I destroyed the same helicopter 3 times in one round on Sharqi using C4. I have no idea why, but he would always fly extremely low, and often he would try to take over the Survallence Point, the Construction Yard, or the TV Station so it was easy to sneak up underneath him and attach it to the belly of the helo. It was one of the most hilarious things I've seen in BF2.
stevej
+0|6583
I once managed to C4 a Chopper who was hovering outside one of the hanger flags on Dalian Plant, it is most theraputic watching them blow up thinking there away scott free !!

Click BOOM
SmilingBuddha
+44|6619|Hong Kong

Pubic wrote:

LOL
smk_valvanite
+12|6646|New Zealand, CHCH

Pubic wrote:

reallt those crazy aussies,

im from chch too, so weve probably met

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard