makeuser
+5|6746|Texas
sry, the ones playing nfl are they kickers/punters?  the nfl position players really do have to know their positions, offensive, defensive schemes, etc.

i know we (US) have some (very few) crossover to union in the northern hemisphere
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6835
Anyone know a dude named Taylor Beattie or some shit in yank footy?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6737
i have a new fav sport: office linebackers
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6755|cairns australia

makeuser wrote:

sry, the ones playing nfl are they kickers/punters?  the nfl position players really do have to know their positions, offensive, defensive schemes, etc.

i know we (US) have some (very few) crossover to union in the northern hemisphere
not colin scotts not sure what he played maybe defensive lineman,he went on to be a wwf wrestler.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6784
NFL players are bigger stronger faster ....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS
Oh god no, not Gay FL

Rugby Union's the best to watch

Cricket's the best to play

But NFL... BOOO!!!! Lost the padding! And teach the public the rules (which they finely demonstrated [that they didn't know any of the rules] to the Chaser team
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
elite
+89|6735|Sheffield, England
good old english football (soccer, soccer sounds so gay) best sport ever, but i have been to ice hockey matches too, so those 2 are the best in my opinion
Tak_Bonehead
+0|6654
Well I'd much rather play than watch.  Ice hockey is a lot of fun, good workout too.  So I'm not sure if anyone is tallying the votes, but sounds like it's a bit of a toss-up between that, ARF and "soccer"football
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6654|Sin City

If you go with traditional sports, without a doubt it's ice hockey. It's fast paced, lots of contact, and they allow fighting. But overall I would have to say NHB/MMA fighting is hands down the best sport on the planet. Guys that fight in events like the UFC and Pride are highly skilled and beat the $*%@ out of each other......it's awesome.
oStoneRo
+9|6663
you've all got it wrong, LACROSSE is the best sport ever, bitches

Last edited by oStoneRo (2006-02-28 14:20:19)

superseal17
Banned
+1|6776
BADMINTON, BADMINTON although i do like paintballing. But badmninton is still the way to go.
malarkeycoon
+16|6661|Cardiff
rugby fan myself.  even though football is the most popular game in the world it bores the piss out of me to watch. Playing its ok mind.
Beorn_23_7
Heathenish Foray
+22|6659|Upstate NY
Between football (soccer) and rugby. I currently play football (soccer) almost everday and watch any EPL or Champions League that I can. I played rugby before that and loved it but had my knee blown out and haven't played since. Certainly would like to play again though.
flossmore
+10|6676|Cherry Valley, IL
Baseball Hands Down.
maef
+67|6705|Tulln, Austria
ermm... for all those saying that NFL players actually are a bunch of big sissies, you might want to consider one thing:

tackles in rugby (or the like) hardly ever (i did NOT say never) develop the force that tackles in the nfl do. those peolpe don't wear the pads because they are scared of some bruises, but to protect themselves from very serious injuries.
a professor at some university once calculated that an average to hard hit in the nfl developes the same force as a bowling ball that is dropped from the 13th floor!! so try lying on the ground and have someone drop a bowling ball at your chest from that height. i don't thinke you would survive it.
so there's more to those pads than just fear of a little pain.

plus i like the complex strategy that rugby is missing

[EDIT] sorry, big-time vocable mistake

Last edited by maef (2006-02-28 14:54:12)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6858|Finland
Curling Ftw!
frank32
+0|6675
Sorry to correct all u guys, but Ultimate (aka ultimate frisbee) is best sport(sry for europeans if u dont haave it over there)
Paintball in a close second
maef
+67|6705|Tulln, Austria

Landepaukku wrote:

Curling Ftw!
hell yeah. i mean... housewives gotta work out too.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6709|UK
https://www.oneposter.co.uk/UserData/Poster/Poster_6462.jpg

'Nuff Said
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6682|Just Outside Seattle
One reason rugby is so much better than the NFL is that the NFL stops and starts forever rugby is on the whole a much more continuous sport and requires much more stamina. Anyone whose ever been at the center of a maul or raked in a ruck can tell you that rugby is a tough sport. (but those aussie rules guys are just NUTS!!
jakethepyro
+7|6654
walmart soccer
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6666|Canada
for me playing, volleyball in the summer and curling in the winter
makeuser
+5|6746|Texas

maef wrote:

ermm... for all those saying that NFL players actually are a bunch of big sissies, you might want to consider one thing:

tackles in rugby (or the like) hardly ever (i did NOT say never) develop the force that tackles in the nfl do. those peolpe don't wear the pads because they are scared of some bruises, but to protect themselves from very serious injuries.
a professor at some university once calculated that an average to hard hit in the nfl developes the same force as a bowling ball that is dropped from the 13th floor!! so try lying on the ground and have someone drop a bowling ball at your chest from that height. i don't thinke you would survive it.
so there's more to those pads than just fear of a little pain.

plus i like the complex strategy that rugby is missing

[EDIT] sorry, big-time vocable mistake
um, bullshit

i'd never call the nfl boys soft, but i differ on the opinion that they hit any harder

I've got a question for you and the professor - have you played either/both sport(s)?

and as far as strategy goes, it all happens quickly, on the field, decided by the players & not 6-8 second intervals (strung out over 3hrs!) & not by some crusty old douche on the sidelines
maef
+67|6705|Tulln, Austria

makeuser wrote:

um, bullshit

i'd never call the nfl boys soft, but i differ on the opinion that they hit any harder

I've got a question for you and the professor - have you played either/both sport(s)?

and as far as strategy goes, it all happens quickly, on the field, decided by the players & not 6-8 second intervals (strung out over 3hrs!) & not by some crusty old douche on the sidelines
um, yes i did. and still do. football that is. tho i haven't played rugby.
and where i played (chrysler vikings vienna) the plays weren't solely decided by the coach (which was not even 30 years old, so no "crusty old douche"). he only told us a scheme and the players on the field decided what exact actions to take. i (cornerback) was always communicating with the free safety to pick the right play for the situation we were in.
and no matter who decides it, i think it's pretty sure that there's way more strategy involved in football. at least concerning the long term. i don't think rugby players have to think about what impact their actions have on the rest of the drive, the time remaining on the clock, etc...
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6784

Creating a poll for this (oh damnit can't put more than 10 options )

Last edited by Coolbeano (2006-03-01 02:10:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard