-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
Just wondering are there any other BF2 players who are disabled & does it affect you game in any way.

Ive got Arthritis among other things & it negatively affects my game, I often cant press things fast enough or use a joystick or gamepad & I cant play continuously without analgesic gel or ice.

Anyone?
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6729|Toronto, ON, CAN
Hollow, that is difficult... I have an issue with playing the game for long periods at a time, just because my stomach gets ill, but I can't say I would continue to play through pain though...  I suppose you would do better commanding, although not as fun.
younggun
+28|6650
i dont know any disabled gamers...but my friend broke his hand once and i bet he knows what ur goin through

he totally freakin sucked while he had his cast lol
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
i knind of am but not bad
i had a bad motorbike crash a few years ago and smashed my right foot up bad, lost 75% of movment in it.

obviously doesnt affect my bf2 play and i dont really think im dissabled but the government thinks i am as they give me a nifty parking oermit.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
I have something wrong with my digestive system too, so I get pain from that, but painkillers keep that under control when playing. I command a lot, although there are lots of people who dont make it easy Like if I go engineer & requisition a humvee to stop at a commander asset to repair & a player from my team team kills me for the vehicle... seriously, its a humvee :s
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6711|Central Valley,California
I have Athsma, thats why I play BF2, no running involved.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

I have Athsma, thats why I play BF2, no running involved.
I bet your one of those people who uses a humvee too get to the plane
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6737|Michigan
I have a form of muscular distrophy. It does affect my motor skills a bit. I can't rapid fire or jump when I shoot... the jump and shoot thing is no prob now though!!!
I have some trouble aiming when in close combat.
I'm not in pain but there are some little things that I'm sure affect gameplay.
I think maby if you stick to sniper and take it easy, you'll be just fine.
That's what I do if I'm having a bad physical day.
playingwithtards
+0|6785
My eyes are messed up pretty badly. Have absolutely awful vision and an astigmatism, so if i cant find my glasses my face has to be a foot away from the screen.  At night or if ive been looking at bright screens too long my vision goes insane, so the longer I play the worse I get.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762

spacebandit72 wrote:

I have a form of muscular distrophy. It does affect my motor skills a bit. I can't rapid fire or jump when I shoot... the jump and shoot thing is no prob now though!!!
I should get this moved to the 1.2 praise thread

Its made it a bit easier for me as well, not too many quick leaping about to avoid launched grenades moments since 1.2

Although there are moments againt people with DAO's or the Jackhammer where I die... & just look at my hands with a look of dissapointment 'Come on hands pull it together, we could have had him'
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6737|Michigan

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

I should get this moved to the 1.2 praise thread

Its made it a bit easier for me as well, not too many quick leaping about to avoid launched grenades moments since 1.2

Although there are moments againt people with DAO's or the Jackhammer where I die... & just look at my hands with a look of dissapointment 'Come on hands pull it together, we could have had him'
I know the feeling!
There are moments when I look at my hands in surprise when I do a good job and kill lots of people!!!
Another thing I do is play Ghost towne and man the stinger sites and tow sites. I also snipe from my base and you'd be surprised the points you rack up.

Teammates may not like it allot but if you are defending commander assets, they usualy don't say much.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
Wish I had more players like you when im commandin

Usualy I spend half the game hunting down spec-ops players who have infiltrated the base. Only one game I can remember when I actualy had assistance to defend the base & that was karkand as MEC, had a nice guy in a vodnik taking out all the infantry trying to take Gatehouse & destroy assets, was great
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6737|Michigan

Wish I had more players like you when im commandin

Usualy I spend half the game hunting down spec-ops players who have infiltrated the base. Only one game I can remember when I actualy had assistance to defend the base & that was karkand as MEC, had a nice guy in a vodnik taking out all the infantry trying to take Gatehouse & destroy assets, was great
Well, we should hook up in a server sometime. It won't be for another week or two... Icanceled my isp. I'm going for a better rate. Just a waiting game now!!!

I dont stay @ our home base all the time but in ghost towne I do quite a bit. Just depends on how the hands are treating me. However, if we are teaming up, I'll do what you ask if you're commander. Points arent everything... I just have fun playing.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
Well you can play on our server anytime you fancy, we also open our ventrillo channel to good team players

www.bw-gaming.co.uk server details on there. Ive heard from our American & Canadian players that they dont get too much lag on the server.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6729|Toronto, ON, CAN

SunTzu wrote:

Hollow, that is difficult... I have an issue with playing the game for long periods at a time, just because my stomach gets ill, but I can't say I would continue to play through pain though...  I suppose you would do better commanding, although not as fun.
Don't know which moderator removed the flame in my post to someone, and deleted the cause of the flame, but I appreciate it. This wasn't the place for that.

I hope that you have received some good feedback Hollow_moon, it is an important post, especially because it can help identify some tips that could help you enjoy this game.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
Its not just for me, its for everyone. Not just disabled gamers or even someone who has had an accident & cant play normally for a while. But for everyone who has a problem with an aspect of the game to see a different approach to a problem.

So if anyone has any good solutions to problems or new tactics or approaches in game, this is a good place to put them
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6840
It seems some of these people need to stay away from the game because of their problem. Such as...

-Bad eyes, Staring at computer screens won't help. Your eyes will get worse.
-Athsma, Shouldn't you be doing something to help that? like some mild exercise?

Maybe it's just me, but I think games would make these things worse over time.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-02-27 20:34:30)

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

It seems some of these people need to stay away from the game because of their problem. Such as...

-Athsma, Shouldn't you be doing something to help that? like some mild exercise?

But if you were a gamer & you developed a condition like that, would you simply give it up?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6840

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

But if you were a gamer & you developed a condition like that, would you simply give it up?
I'm not really saying giving it up, but rather playing less, or maybe spreading out their game-time.

The guy with athsma said that BF2 was good because there was no running. so is he just wasting away his life on a game simply because he is unfortunate to have athsma? Should he give up some things in his life to play a game? Just seemed a little silly to me.
I'm in no way saying that this guy is sitting there all day not doing anything with his life, I have no idea who he is and what he does, but his post just seemed like all he does is play the game.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6737|Michigan
=[4th]=SlayThem, actually in my case my muscular distophy is realy an atrophy (shrinking of muscles) so, to use these muscles is a good thing.
I can't speak for anyone else here but, if someone is playing and helping their team... there should be no problem.

Also, I agree with hollow here. not just able bodies enjoy vid games. Those who are challenged may go through some pain or discomfort but in the end... games are like another place you can go and do anything you want. you can walk around Karkand all day long even if you don't have feet in real life.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6729|Toronto, ON, CAN
Not to mention that if you have a condition that is debilitating, but you can still find something you can do, and enjoy, who are we to take that away?

Asthyma can be pretty bad, and no amount of exercise would help (my wife suffers from it). I have heard of some cases, where the mild exercise would literally kill them!
As for the bad eyes, it is a judgement call... Beethoven went deaf for his passion... maybe this brings as much joy for someone else?

I understood your point though, and like many bad habits, you or I can't tell someone to stop because we don't think it is good for them... they have to decide for themselves the risk versus reward. As much as it may hurt us (I have lost three people close to me because of lung cancer, caused by smoking).
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6762
Nah you shouldnt let something like asthma get the better of you, before arthritis I would walk everywhere.
Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6666

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Studies have shown 10 out of every 2 people are dyslexic.
DYSLEXICS UNTIE!!!!
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6737|Michigan

Bigwrm wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Studies have shown 10 out of every 2 people are dyslexic.
DYSLEXICS UNTIE!!!!
heh!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard