banndontv
+-1|6748
Tomorrow this months ends, and hopefully if EA did things right (*snicker*) there should be a Sergeant Major of the Core for the first time in a long while.  Who will get it?  Anyone have the inside track on who gets chosen?  Ive read its the best Sergeant Major, but id imagine if they go by score alone, that person may only have the rank for a very short period of time.  Whats the criteria?  Who is your choice to get it?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
best performing player for the month, or in other words the guy who plays medic most for a month.
Chowley
+1|6686|Ireland
The guy who plays Support most for the month now id say
TeronF
+0|6650|Canada
so if they are FINALY introducing Sergeant Major of the Core. how will that be impacted when someone FINALY IN THE FAR FUTURE gets to General?
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6684|Enon
I got nothing
Leonnoe1
+2|6725
It's Corps. Sergeant Major of the United States Marine Corps.

Last edited by Leonnoe1 (2006-02-27 20:33:26)

banndontv
+-1|6748
i knew that too.  wtf did i spell it that way... how disgraceful
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
I hate spelling it "corps" because I end up pronouncing it like that.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
Sergeant Major of the Corpse ... lol

This rank feels a little pointless now that there are so many officer ranks.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6696|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
@TeronF
The last guy i saw with it was thingonaspringds, hes an aussie .
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6710|Gütersloh, Germany
Sergeant Major of the Corps ist awarded to the best performing Sergeant Major of the month i.e. the Sergeant Major with the most points.

And it has been awarded in the past:
January: VISSTICK[HCP]
February: thingonaspringDS
A|F-->Steve910
+0|6680
so if i get to 1 point before the next rank up i can be smotc for a while..... interesting
armin
+0|6756| Bosnia & Herzegovina
ehm, who cares?

maybe we should call Kofi Anan and ask for his advice on this... cause it's really IMPORTANT!
DeadJim
+19|6748|Valencia, California

armin wrote:

ehm, who cares?

maybe we should call Kofi Anan and ask for his advice on this... cause it's really IMPORTANT!
the UN would screw that one up too.....far too complicated.
ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California

Ali wrote:

Sergeant Major of the Corps ist awarded to the best performing Sergeant Major of the month i.e. the Sergeant Major with the most points.

And it has been awarded in the past:
January: VISSTICK[HCP]
February: thingonaspringDS
they're going to have to widen the criteria from just most points since it's highly likely that sergeant major getting the most points at the start of the month won't remain sergeant major for long.
ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California

od1ous wrote:

It's Sergeant Major of the Army dipshits, unless we're talking Canadian or United Kingdom branches of service.
No. It's Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.  I don't know if you're aware of this but the US forces in the game are the Marines, not the army.  They kind of keep it secret but some of the greater minds in the game have deciphered that the secret code used to describe US forces, "USMC," is an acronym for "United States Marine Corps."  I don't blame you for being so hostile since this information is highly classified and hard to come by, but now that you are aware of it I'm sure you can see the logic the developers were operating by by using the Marine Corps version of the rank system rather than the Army's.  For verification of the fact that a Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps actually exists outside of BF2 (and in real life it's only one guy too) I provide this link.

http://www.ecsu.ctstateu.edu/personal/f … /ranks.htm

For verifcation of the fact that this rank also exists in this game I provide this link as evidence.

http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

Hope I was of some help to you dipshit.
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6724|England
its quite pointless now seeing as there's only a 10k (instead of 150K) gap until you get a better rank.
littlemikey
+1|6710|Adelaide, Australia
Agreed. It is quite pointless.
MarcDookhit
+0|6686
Which brings up an interesting side thought....

Why is the transport for the USMC called the Blackhawk? Technically its a Seahawk, the navalised version of the UH-60. Quite a few subtle differences between the too. The USN and other naives around the world like the RAN (Australia not UK) use the Seahawk, while the US army and the ARA here in Australia both use the Blackhawk....

Your daily bit of knowledge

Last edited by MarcDookhit (2006-02-28 01:30:41)

Kylau
+9|6706|Washington
I propose that they advance the highest decorated SGM to that rank. So the guy with the most medals/badges/ribbons gets the rank.

Last edited by Kylau (2006-02-28 02:39:03)

banndontv
+-1|6748

od1ous wrote:

It's Sergeant Major of the Army dipshits, unless we're talking Canadian or United Kingdom branches of service.
dipshits! said the pot to the kettle.

Yes i agree it is a little pointless, its one of those gimmiky things, considering only 1 person has it.
littlemikey

MarcDookhit wrote:

Which brings up an interesting side thought....

Why is the transport for the USMC called the Blackhawk? Technically its a Seahawk, the navalised version of the UH-60. Quite a few subtle differences between the too. The USN and other naives around the world like the RAN (Australia not UK) use the Seahawk, while the US army and the ARA here in Australia both use the Blackhawk....

Your daily bit of knowledge
*cough* Underpowered *cough*
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6710|Gütersloh, Germany
Ladies and Gentleman:

Sergeant Major of the Corps Petke

I knew EA would fuck this up. They promoted the Sergeant Major with the most points BUT this guy isn't really a Sergeant Major. He is Colonel but he hasn't played for a long time so he didn't get promoted yet. Last Battle was 01/05/2006. If he never plays again, he will be SMOTC for lifetime.

Last edited by Ali (2006-03-01 03:48:49)

littlemikey

Ali wrote:

Ladies and Gentleman:

Sergeant Major of the Corps Petke

I knew EA would fuck this up. They promoted the Sergeant Major with the most points BUT this guy isn't really a Sergeant Major. He is Colonel but he hasn't played for a long time so he didn't get promoted yet. Last Battle was 01/05/2006. If he never plays again, he will be SMOTC for lifetime.
*sigh*
EA.....
You really need to be put down..
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
he will be it for a month... not a long time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard