Giant_Squid500
+5|6672|U.S.A.
Im assuming im not the only one that experiences this.  But this is basically a summary of the crap EA makes me go through to play this forsaken game.

Double Click BF2 icon.

Game loads in about 1 minute.

Login...wait about 2-3 minutes to connect to server.

Click Multiplayer tab.

Wait about 3-4 minutes to Update server list.

Spend about 2-4 minutes finding a server I don't think will crash or lag me out.

Find a server and connect to it.

Spend about 2-3 minutes loading the map.

Spend about 5-7 minutes "Verifying Client Data" whatever the hell that means. (anyone know?)

Finally get in the damn server.

Game lags for about 20 seconds, I call this server fart.

Finally get a smooth connection going and select class (never really care what team im on, most the time)

Select spawn point.

Spawn...lag some more for about 5-10 seconds (another "server fart")

Get the mess blown out of me by an artillery strike.

Curse EA

Spawn again and play.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
update your computer... 2 gigs of ram and a good graphics card...
Love is the answer
Giant_Squid500
+5|6672|U.S.A.
Umm...I have an X800 Pro and 1 gig of RAM, I think im coverd in the specs area.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica
1 gig isn't enough to play the game at high settings.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6672|U.S.A.
Well I still play this and all my other games (which include Counter Strike: Source, HL2, Call of Duty 2) at full settings and I don't have any problems with slow load times or slow connections to servers on the other games.

Last edited by Giant_Squid500 (2006-02-26 23:30:39)

siciliano732
+202|6649|New York
see i wanna upgrade to 2 GB  but my motherboard can only take up to 1 GB.....i have a 2.6 Ghz processor.....can i just buy a new motherboard and put my processor in it? granted....my game plays....low setting but i dont care....i can play....all of my other friends cant because their comps arent good enough...mine atleast is....

Last edited by siciliano732 (2006-02-26 23:35:17)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Spend about 5-7 minutes "Verifying Client Data" whatever the hell that means. (anyone know?)

Spawn again and play.
you need more ram. 1 gig is not enough for high settings to run smoothly.

i went from 1 to 1.5 gig and noticed a huge difference, i now have to and it runs awsome.
bf2 is unlike many other games inthat even if you meet the min requa its gona play like shit.
DarkObsidian
+6|6636|Arizona, USA
Anything over a gig really doesn't do much of anything. It's all about the video card.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

DarkObsidian wrote:

Anything over a gig really doesn't do much of anything. It's all about the video card.
not true, my 6800 lagged when i first entered a round and more ram got rid of it, its no secret bf2 if very ram intensive.
Chaos81
+5|6689

DarkObsidian wrote:

You've obviously never used 2 gigs of ram.
a1911
+0|6637

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

NOBODY will EVER need more then 64k RAM!

(C) Copyright Bill Gates
Inquatitis
+1|6638

a1911 wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

NOBODY will EVER need more then 64k RAM!

(C) Copyright Bill Gates
he was right, i run BF2 on 64k
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6694|Vancouver BC Canada

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Umm...I have an X800 Pro and 1 gig of RAM, I think im coverd in the specs area.
Hahahahaha, no way. 2 gigs is the way to go, and as for that X800 Pro i have one on my older (14months) intel, it blows compared to the Nvidia on this machine, yes I've been converted. Thank the Videocard Gods.
BF2 is optimized for Nvidia.

Other possible problems:
Intel
Intel
and Intel

Intel and/or ATI = problem
AMD + Nvidia = solution

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

It's making sure you didnt edit your config files, so you arn't loading hacked/corrupt game files. More ram and faster harddrive makes this step faster. I usualy do it in under 15 seconds with 2 gigs ram and a separate harddrive for my game installation.

BF2 is by far one of the most spec demanding games on the market.

Edit: What was your 3Dmark06 score, or will it even run it??
My 06 score
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/The_Outsider38/3DMark06Score.jpg
My 05 Score
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/The_Outsider38/3dmarkscore.jpg

Surprisingly my system actually cost way less then my Dell, but out performs it by about 5x on 05, it wont even run 06.

you cant even run Windows XP on 64kb of ram...

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-02-27 00:15:33)

bout.blo0dy.time
+1|6637
wow, i manage better than u with only 768mb or ram. Keep in mind i have a 7800gt...but still...
SargeX_au
+29|6753
U wouldn't believe the difference when i went from 512ram to 2gigs, i used to leave the computer to wait for it to load...now i just sit and watch it. Lag is a thing of teh past. Mayb i should upgrade my radeon 9600, my settings are on medium atm.
costagge
+0|6641
all you all are lucky bastards.

I play BF2 on lowest possible settings on my laptop

I have only 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 mobility and 2.8 GHz P4

And it lags....alot
Jakethe8lf
+13|6641|Victoria, Australia
I have 1024mb's (a gig?) of RAM, I keep it at low settings for performance. Do I really need that much RAM to play flawlessly? Would anyone in their right mind play on high settings (that being said, I have a nVidia 6600 (no, not GT))?!
Havazn
+39|6694|van.ca

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Im assuming im not the only one that experiences this.  But this is basically a summary of the crap EA makes me go through to play this forsaken game.

Double Click BF2 icon.

Game loads in about 1 minute.

Login...wait about 2-3 minutes to connect to server.

Click Multiplayer tab.

Wait about 3-4 minutes to Update server list.

Spend about 2-4 minutes finding a server I don't think will crash or lag me out.

Find a server and connect to it.

Finally get a smooth connection going and select class (never really care what team im on, most the time)

Select spawn point.

Curse EA

Spawn again and play.
I used to go through the exact same thing even when running with a 7800GTX. I took these guy's advice on the ram, doubled it from 1gig to 2 and its crazy how fast it loads now. Also no load lag at the beginning of the round.

Trust me, you are not covered in the specs area.

Yes, it sucks to spend money like this, but if it really pisses you off(like it did for me), thats how to fix it.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Havazn wrote:

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Im assuming im not the only one that experiences this.

Select spawn point.

Curse EA

Spawn again and play.
I used to go through the exact same thing even when running with a 7800GTX. I took these guy's advice on the ram, doubled it from 1gig to 2 and its crazy how fast it loads now. Also no load lag at the beginning of the round.

Trust me, you are not covered in the specs area.

Yes, it sucks to spend money like this, but if it really pisses you off(like it did for me), thats how to fix it.
I used to get that all the time. Not anymore. And, no I didn't go out and buy more RAM. Still takes an age to load, but the lag issue just seems to get better over time...

Having said that, I have upgraded drivers and tweaked graphics settings a little (not majorly, just like one or two settings from high to med (on an X800XT PE)) in that time, but even without settings changes it seems to improve over time...
CackNBallz
+45|6743|Toronto, Canada
The "lag" you experience is at your end not the server.  The reason you experience a stuttering framerate at the beginning is because you are accessing textures from your harddrive instead of just dumping the whole level's (or most of it) into the much faster RAM.
Kylau
+9|6706|Washington

costagge wrote:

all you all are lucky bastards.

I play BF2 on lowest possible settings on my laptop

I have only 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 mobility and 2.8 GHz P4

And it lags....alot
Lucky, no, I just know how to manage my money so that I can spend it on things I want [computer] instead of stupid things I dont [drugs, "going out", partying, etc.]
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
Intel Pentium 4 3.2ghz
2gig RAM
ATI x800XL GPU

Medium - High settings on all the graphics, with 4x anti-aliasing.

No laggggggggg, games loads really quickly (with the start movies cut out), and i am usually the first one into all my rounds.

You will notice a big difference with more RAM my friend. trust all of us who have said so as we have been there and done that!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6672

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

1 gig isn't enough to play the game at high settings.
Yea, ok.

1 gig twin-x corasir ram, AMD 4000 64 bit chip, dual 7800 gt's on an MSI Neo platinum board, (Sata drives, SB XF-I, etc).

No problems, ever.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard