GoalieLax
+2|6879
the funny thing is that there are more opportunities to fly jets in the navy than the air force.  the naval academy routinely has more guys get fighters than the air force.  why?  because we have so many damn wings to be able to support round-the-clock, round-the-world deployments.

air force has more bus drivers (transport planes) which is great if you want to go work for an airline!  and don't forget about the chance to go sit in a silo in north dakota!  woohoo!!

btw, i hope you were joking about the tomahawk - that's a navy weapon

and to the moron who thinks that the air force flys the jets on carriers, you seriously need to learn more before you talk in a thread like this

but having served alongside all branches, I respect them all and only poke fun in good humor
the_ubernoob_
+8|6887

Y0URDAD wrote:

Air Power! http://tomahawk.ytmnd.com :-P
....I didn't know tomahawk missles found out where they were the same way I do
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6787
all good points, I scored high on my asvab personally, but still why not choose infantry
Flavius Aetius
+3|6813|Stalking Chuck Norris

sfg-Ice__ wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I just dont understand why ANYBODY would not choose infantry
sorry thought this was funny.  To all you youngens who are thinking about joining the military:

FIND A DAMN MOS (aka JOB) that transferrs readily to the civilian world.  Otherwise, you just spent 4+ years servering your country and you don't have ready job training...well other than all the normal military training (which companies still look at)

For example, I was a Nuclear Mechanic in the Navy.  Guess what, not only is this probably one of the toughest jobs you can get but I can gegt a job anywhere in the country doing almost anything...just because I was a nuke...

Plan ahead, get the most for your buck, and invest in yourself.

If anyone joining the military wants any questions answered feel free to pm me.  I know just abit about what it is really like and while it may not directly pretain to the service your going into I do know general things like exactly how many days you have from your first day in the military to say that you quit, how you can get any problems the military caused (health wise) to give you cash for the rest of your life...etc, etc.

Some of you may think thats all BS but I tell you this.  If your willing to put your life on the line...the goverment is willing to take care of you the rest of your life.

Also, if you join and you find you don't like it or its not what you thought then use what i know to get out.  LOL the reason for this is I got tired of listening to people bitch about the military and how they wish they could get out long ago.   I don't need or want another bitch in my military hehe.  Peace out.
they choose infantry cuz the drill sergeants  make it seem like the badass job that is the coolest thing in the world, i would have except, i'm reserves till i get my commision then i'll go as infantry probably
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6787
by the time you see the drill sgt's you already chose infantry in the army
sfg-Ice__
+4|6797
1stLTMIKE....AF version of Boot is sitting under an umbrella, sipping a cold beverage, watching people play golf...hehe

Being a sub guy I think I've heard every gd navy gay joke or poke there is.  I'll tell yas this little story.

I was standing watch back in the ER (engine room) and I had this nub (non-useful body) come to me with his qual cards (qualification cards) to get a checkout from me.  (On the Sub everyone had to know something about everyone elses job)  The nub was a coner (those people that don't work back aft) (I'm a nuke...non nukes are coners or those that live in the FWD end of the boat(where the cone is))  and, of cource, didn't know a gd thing about the checkout he was going after.  So I, very nicely, intial all his nuke checkouts and tell the fucker to stop wasteing my time and next time he comes back to me to know what he is talking about (I initalled them all so he had to come back to me to get the checkouts). 

Well, after 3 weeks and at least 50+ visits from this kid he got a whooping zero checkouts from me.  At this time I was really annoyed.  Now let me tell you about this kid.  You know that fem guy?  You know the guy that acts more like a woman than a man.  Well this kid was a poster child for fems.  Well I also found out he was a huge homophobe.  .......   Well the 51st time he came to me he asked for the same checkout he first did.  I asked him three questions, he didn't know any of em (the same three questions I've asked him a dozen times).  I grab his card and sign the sig.  The kid goes "Why did you sign it now instead of three weeks ago?"

I tell me perfectly straight faced "Well kid, I've got to know you in the last three weeks.  I signed your card because I want you to be around if this pig (the sub) ever goes down for good because I'm going to get my rocks off one last time!!"  The kids mouth drops open, his eyes bug out, and he pretty much runs out of the ER.  The next month and half of the underway were so peaceful.  I didn't have a single nub bother me the rest of the time.

Last edited by sfg-Ice__ (2006-02-27 20:47:57)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6787
wow....ummmm....great story, makes me wish i joined the navy instead...yeah
sfg-Ice__
+4|6797
Gunslinger....Tell me three things..after you get out of the military as infantry..
What jobs are you qualified for?
How many college credits do you get for your job?
How high of a demand is your potential job?-Give ya a tip for this one.  The higher the demand means they can't keep people in it. 

I was a nuke.  My zone 3 SRB was $100k and I still got out.  Just not worth the BS.  But if asked would I do it all over again.  I would definately say yes.  I can now get a job anywhere.  I got a bachlors while in the navy to boot.  So there isn't much besides hard cash the military can give me and you don't join the military to get rich hehe.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6787
dude, your right man, but the experience Ive had as a CIB wearing mofo cannot even be explained in words or movies.  I mean cmon you just told us a pretty gay story (gay as in sorry) for all them years you were in the navy thats the best anecdote you could come up with.  I see your point and all about your job being valuabe on the outside, but I did not join the military for gd job training.  And right now Im getting GI bill to go to college and pursue a true career.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6778

sfg-Ice__ wrote:

1stLTMIKE....AF version of Boot is sitting under an umbrella, sipping a cold beverage, watching people play golf...hehe

Being a sub guy I think I've heard every gd navy gay joke or poke there is.  I'll tell yas this little story.

I was standing watch back in the ER (engine room) and I had this nub (non-useful body) come to me with his qual cards (qualification cards) to get a checkout from me.  (On the Sub everyone had to know something about everyone elses job)  The nub was a coner (those people that don't work back aft) (I'm a nuke...non nukes are coners or those that live in the FWD end of the boat(where the cone is))  and, of cource, didn't know a gd thing about the checkout he was going after.  So I, very nicely, intial all his nuke checkouts and tell the fucker to stop wasteing my time and next time he comes back to me to know what he is talking about (I initalled them all so he had to come back to me to get the checkouts). 

Well, after 3 weeks and at least 50+ visits from this kid he got a whooping zero checkouts from me.  At this time I was really annoyed.  Now let me tell you about this kid.  You know that fem guy?  You know the guy that acts more like a woman than a man.  Well this kid was a poster child for fems.  Well I also found out he was a huge homophobe.  .......   Well the 51st time he came to me he asked for the same checkout he first did.  I asked him three questions, he didn't know any of em (the same three questions I've asked him a dozen times).  I grab his card and sign the sig.  The kid goes "Why did you sign it now instead of three weeks ago?"

I tell me perfectly straight faced "Well kid, I've got to know you in the last three weeks.  I signed your card because I want you to be around if this pig (the sub) ever goes down for good because I'm going to get my rocks off one last time!!"  The kids mouth drops open, his eyes bug out, and he pretty much runs out of the ER.  The next month and half of the underway were so peaceful.  I didn't have a single nub bother me the rest of the time.
So true , about my BT. I'll admit it , BT for the AF is pretty weak compared to the others. To tell you the truth, I am really starting to consider the Navy. Sure flying a fighter aircraft is a great occupation, but we only get to do it every so offen. I fly an F-15 maybe 3 times a week , I heard the Navy let's you fly a hell lot more. Is that true?
sfg-Ice__
+4|6797
Hell mike, your askin the wrong man here.  I was about as far from you flyboys as you could get.  The only interaction we had with planes was when they would drop sonar booyies tryin to find us.  LOL We would have to beat on the hull so the damn surface ships could hear us..LOL

Gunslinger..more power to ya man..All I'm saying is don't let the bright lights and glory blind ya.  You can't stay in the military forever.  Please just plan ahead.  Too few people do.

LOL yeah that story was pretty damn gay but you know.  I'm sure there are quite a few people here who read that and laugh thier ass off.  Not because its funny but because they have or seen the same thing hehe.  Thats a "G" rated story anyway.  I've done shit to fuk with people that would turn your hair white.  It was said once, it will be said again.   Navy are weird...lol

Last edited by sfg-Ice__ (2006-02-27 21:17:03)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6829|Hell's prison

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

heres the oath the airforce have to sign:

US AIR FORCE OATH OF ENLISTMENT
"I, (State your name), swear to sign away 4 years of my life to the UNITED STATES AIR FORCE because I know I couldn't hack it in the Army, because the Marines frighten me, and because I am afraid of water over waist-deep. I swear to sit behind a desk. I also swear not to do any form of real exercise, but promise to defend our bike-riding test as a valid form of exercise. I promise to walk around calling everyone by their first name because I find it amusing to annoy the other services. I will have a better quality of life than those around me and will, at all times, be sure to make them aware of that fact. After completion of "Basic Training", I will be a lean, mean, donut-eating, Lazy-Boy sitting, civilian-wearing-blue-clothes, Chair-borne Ranger. I will believe I am superior to all others and will make an effort to clean the knife before stabbing the next person in the back. I will annoy those around me, and will go home early every day. So Help Me God!"
I gotta make a comment about the above concerning the bike test.  We do not use that anymore.  We have a 1.5 mile run, and have to max ourselves out on pushups and situps in under a minute.  After that, if we do not have a 32 inch waist, you will  not get maximum points.  I am 6'2 220 pounds, I can max out points on pushups, almost max situps, run i do the mile and a half about 12:30-13:00 minutes depending how i feel, there is no way in hell i will ever see a 32 in. waist.

I been in about 4 years now, and nothing annoys me more than some random civilian asking me if I fly a F***ing plane.  If youre a kid its cute!  And we dont mind, its when the older, namely between 18-35 years old that kinda pisses us off.  Only officers fly!  And ironically in this Air Force, i think the pilot percentage is less than 5 percent of people in the AF are pilots.  I am a Aerial Transporter.  I dont necessarily have a deskjob, i like to get off my ass behind my dispatch desk to load some aircraft.  I been to Iraq twice, and yes I love working with the other services, some cases they are more cooperative than my own people.  I enjoy my job, I just wish I could leave Little Rock AFB!!!  This place just sucks, I am more than sure there are worse places but i know what i experienced here and it blows.  here is an interesting site to check out www.chairforce.com, you can check out all our latest happenings from a comedic perspective.  HAve fun!  Later all.
Polarcap
+0|6817

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

Cyborg Ninja you in the Navy? No offence, but you sound like you are. All I gotta say is God Bless the great "Masters of Destruction" the USAF I'm in and to all those in the other branches , thous not saying they are bad but, Teamwork is key in the real world! Hoorah to the Jars  GPS for the Army Sailor hats to the Squids and "Lazy Asses'' for true lazy people {like me} that joined the USAF! God Bless the USA!
Miss a service????
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6858|US
Recently finished off all the USAFA paperwork (and AFROTC stuff).  Any advice for a 2Lt wannabe?
I respect all services, but poke fun at most.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6860

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

Cyborg Ninja you in the Navy? No offence, but you sound like you are. All I gotta say is God Bless the great "Masters of Destruction" the USAF I'm in and to all those in the other branches , thous not saying they are bad but, Teamwork is key in the real world! Hoorah to the Jars  GPS for the Army Sailor hats to the Squids and "Lazy Asses'' for true lazy people {like me} that joined the USAF! God Bless the USA!
na im not a squid, flyboy i want to be... but undergraduate i am, talk like yoda hard it is. but i wanna join teh RAAF, one of the worlds best airforce
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6826|Stillwater, Ok
Yeah I'm in the the Air Force. Almost a 20yr old staff Srgt. And yeah whoever said the Navy transports the AF is a pretty big dumbass.  They are either...yes either navy or marine planes not air force.  Air Force boot is a joke you spend more time folding your fucking clothes and marching than you do training.  Honestly they could fit everything into an 8hour day and let us sleep more but noooo we had to be up at 4am and in bed by 10pm....if we were lucky.  On that note we do hold the most firepower out of any of the branches. And no those were not AF planes that hit the canadians....it was a plane off a carrier.  But in all a majority of the air force is inside jobs but not all of it. Im out in the cold, rain, snow, heat and shit with my job. Its a good way to pay for college though i do have to admit.

I respect anyone in uniform and it doesn't matter what branch your in you get fucked with. Thats where rank comes in and helps you out lol.  Overall I enjoy it but thats just me. 

My sig says it all anyway.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6778

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Yeah I'm in the the Air Force. Almost a 20yr old staff Srgt. And yeah whoever said the Navy transports the AF is a pretty big dumbass.  They are either...yes either navy or marine planes not air force.  Air Force boot is a joke you spend more time folding your fucking clothes and marching than you do training.  Honestly they could fit everything into an 8hour day and let us sleep more but noooo we had to be up at 4am and in bed by 10pm....if we were lucky.  On that note we do hold the most firepower out of any of the branches. And no those were not AF planes that hit the canadians....it was a plane off a carrier.  But in all a majority of the air force is inside jobs but not all of it. Im out in the cold, rain, snow, heat and shit with my job. Its a good way to pay for college though i do have to admit.

I respect anyone in uniform and it doesn't matter what branch your in you get fucked with. Thats where rank comes in and helps you out lol.  Overall I enjoy it but thats just me. 

My sig says it all anyway.
Thanks Sir, I also respect anyone that is in uniform, it's common sence! You don't have some respect , go to the sandbox and you get shot at by a radical Raghead, then tell me you dont respect us! The RAF is a great place to go, meet you all pilots in the sky! Lt.Tucker thank you for correcting these men out about us and how we get moved around and about the facts. Were you at anyways? What you you fly? I'm flying 15C's. And at Ed's
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6826|Stillwater, Ok
Not flying yet I'm shy a degree. I'm based at the 138th Fighter Wing in Tulsa, Ok.  We fly the block 42 F-16's.  As soon as I get my degree though I'm being looked at as a high probability candidate to fly.  20/20 perfect vision and in great health. Passed all sight test with flying colors to.  So I'm praying for the spot. But as of now im a Sra. in the weapons troops. You know the guys that load your plane with all the weapons.  We sweat out asses off and are OFTEN and I do mean OFTEN targets for mortars at Balad. I was in Qatar but we heard horror stories from our friends in Arkansas.  We got moved to Qatar out of luck, they didn't want 2 guard units on the same base. Funny thing is that we ended up with a perfect record in Qatar and out performed the F-15's that were there from some base in England.  We got props from the Sec. of the Air Force for our record wich was very nice.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6915|PNW

Does anyone mention the US taxpayers who support the branches of the military? Who foots the bill for all that awesome ordnance? But no, their monetary sacrifice isn't very noteworthy...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6787
The US soldier/airmen/sailor/marine pays taxes too, dont be stupid.  The only time when we get paid tax free is when were over seas
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6915|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Does anyone mention the US taxpayers who support the branches of the military? Who foots the bill for all that awesome ordnance? But no, their monetary sacrifice isn't very noteworthy...

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

The US soldier/airmen/sailor/marine pays taxes too, dont be stupid.  The only time when we get paid tax free is when were over seas
No, sweetheart, I didn't say that members of the military don't pay taxes too. Don't be stupid.
engineer
+3|6867|Aalborg, Denmark
i think that the whole US military rocks. the navy makes the transport and the recon with their recon force (a special "department" of the marines which is specialized in recon and can sneak up to when whenever u dont like it), the airfoce makes sure that not even the oldest car aint burning and the army clears the houses, whit its delta force.

now if that aint teamwork i dont now what is
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6878|cairns australia
pwnage.btw all aussie millitary are paid tax free(but probably earn less)
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6846
DAMN YOU YANKEE FLY BOYS!
OVER PAID
OVER SEXED
AND OVER HERE!

We were giving the old jerries a run for their money as they caught us with our trousers down! But I tell you Her Majesties Royal Air Force will give them a jolly good thrashing with their own sport what what!

And a note to most american filmakers and game developers:

BRITS DO NOT TALK LIKE THAT ANYMORE!
In BF2 :Special Forces the SAS talk like that, but in reality British people don't talk like that.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6797
unnamednewbie13 I would like to personnally thank you for your sacrifice in paying roughly 10% to 15% of your wages.  Thanks for...well nm.  You man, I'm sorry but your statement kind of put me off.  Alot of these fellas here have put thier lives on the line, have been in places you would never go, have done things you only see in your worst nightmare, and above all, are there to maintain your freedom at all costs.  So I guess you can say that the taxpayers are doing the bare minimum to support the country.  But again thanks.

pokerplaya, thats got to be nice not paying any taxes.  I wish the Federal goverment would get it threw thier think heads and do the same for US troops.  They don't get much from us anyway...

Any of you gys ever wish the US had a mandatory goverment service program like germany?  You know, after high school the kids would have to either go in the military, work in a hosptial, or do some sort of public service job before going to college.  I think it would do wonders strengthening the US.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard