clncmmndr
+5|6767|Laguna Beach, CA
Ok. I'm not ranting here but rather would like to be enlightened on how people achieve this remarkable feat of 1,000 Global Points a day.

I play for about 2 hours every day, minus the few months I took off to play Counter Strike Source, and now can only manage about 200 points at best. I'm not what you would call a "n00b" or a sucky player, I am a pretty good shot with infantry weapons. Today I played, earned 140 points on 2 rounds and 2 Gold Medals but for some reason, the next few rounds only earned me about 60 points. (21 then 22 then 17).

I haven't the slightest clue as to why I can play great for about 2 rounds and then do just mediocre. For those that earn 1,000 points a day by playing only 3-5 hours a day, how do you freakin do that? If I could earn 1,000 points a day, by next month I could increase my score by well over 250%.

Perhaps it is the fact that I spend virtually no time at all in vehicles. I have spent less than 8 hours TOTAL in ANY VEHICLE COMBINED. The rest of the 90 hours of playing time is spent on the ground. Is this how people rack up points? By using vehicles? I've been playing this game for quite some time and can't believe that some people are raking in 1,000 points without blatantly whoring CP spwan points.

I always play on full 64 player servers because then I can be a Medic and go crazy on everybody. I don't stat pad and always play fair so why does it seem that my progress is sooooo slow?

I would just appreciate some talented insight on good BF2 players. If you can't be mature with this, don't post please. I guess the actual question I'm asking is "What is the secret to playing good Battlefield 2??"
LG-MindBullets
+10|6714|Kirkland, WA
I acrue about 172 points per hour so if I was willing to play over 5.5 hours a day I could probably get 1000 points per day, but I don't because I don't have limitless time to devote to BF2. Being in vehicles, or playing medic/support definitely helps, but is not necessary. Some of my best rounds have been ground pounding in Sharqi, Karkand, or Mashtuur.

Edit: Grammatical Errors

Last edited by LG-MindBullets (2006-02-26 17:50:24)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6642|Hong Kong
bloody hell...150 a day is already very good for me:(

tell us who gets this many points in a day
clncmmndr
+5|6767|Laguna Beach, CA
There were a few people over in the Help section who were saying that they average about 1,000 points per day and a poll at the bottom of this page that also says some people get around 1,000 points a day.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6646
<bends over, grabs a cheek in each hand, and starts to throw his voice from his butt>  yeah i get 1000 point days... 

LOL  I can see it if you spend a good 8 to 10 hours each day.  Just the law of averages says your going to have a game below 50 points every now and then.  They way I see it, these people are talking out thier asses and you won;t get a explanation on how they do it or they are using some other means to accur these HUGE point gains....read between the lines on this one..
mpsmith
+5|6665
If I play for 3-4hrs I can get close to 1000. Now, that's only on weekends and things like that. Averaging 1000pts a day would take a lot of time... Then again, some people have a lot of time. But it's not completely unrealistic.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6820|Australia
go for 50 points per game
canadianmadcow1701
+0|6695
I got 1000 points in a day once, the one time I played for about 8 hours, other than that i score around 94 per hour running around or about 130 playing commander, and that day i was mostly commander.
Major_Jack_ONeill
+0|6628
I got almost 2,000 points in one day. but I played for 12 hours that day. I scored that by being commander every other round and being a medic on karkand helps alot. I had 4 100 point games that day. I was almost unbettable. And I was not spawn killing either. In an APC or tank helps alot also, but usually I am infantry, either medic, assault or spec ops when i am not a commander. I hear that PKM for th esupport kit is a good weapon now, so I am going to start using that more often.

Last edited by Major_Jack_ONeill (2006-02-26 17:59:39)

Maj.Do
+85|6745|good old CA
ive done it before for 1 weekend.  ITs not that hard
pandis
+1|6752|Australia
If I play for 5 hours I'll accrue 1000 point comfortably, just a matter of finding the time.
Deadlift
+9|6674
Yes the PKM is a very very good alround weapon now.
Good Accuracy and High DMG.

However its possible to get 1000 points or more a day even if you are a "bad player".
Depends on the map and the class you choose, medic is almost always a good choice because there are always dead and vounded people and the unlocks make it a very good attack class too. ^^

If you learn to fly a heli around the aa sites get a good gunner and you almost easily get high points.
Easier ways are the Spec ops with C4 barriers in Karkand for example where one block can take out a whole squad when placed at the entry points as MEC, or you just sneak behind tanks and take those out.
Spec ops was my first Class to become Veteran, just because you get points for blowing stuff up. ^^
Or hunt Cars etc. with the Anti Tank + Dao.
Basically on every Map just be the first to get the Tank/Heli/Plane/APC. Not glorious but gets your unlocks ready. ^^
Or if you really suck just play 24/7... XD
Even 10 points per round get you there.
[KAC]Gomme
+0|6666
i have gaind a 1000 points in a day 2 or 3 times  , but then i have played for 10 11 houers
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6730|Aus
well I once got 20 points in an actual 7 minute game of Ghost Town, so 70 minutes is 200 points so 5hrs 50 minutes should get you 1000 points   
KillerAFET
+3|6773|Abilene, Texas
I usually average 115-130 points per hour.  Not enough to get to that 1000 per day mark but I'm happy with that PPH.  Support in Karkand gets you lots of points for resupply and the PKM is a great tool at long distance.
SargeX_au
+29|6745
I'd say the average spm is well less than 2 and so it would take most people more than 8 hrs to get 1000pts.
If your spm is close to 4 or higher then its going to take half that time. ON a good day i'll get around 700pts in 3 hrs. ...Be a medic, use the g36e and dolphin dive = pts.
genEric~x~
+1|6630
I needed around 6 thousand points at the start of last week to get my next rank. I usually wait till my buds get on and play for 2-3 hours a night but I thought if I played alot for a couple of days I could get it by this weekend....... So I spent a couple of hours in the morning, couple more hours in the afternoon and around 4 hours that night and totaled 1096 points!   The problem is I was so burned out I didn't play for the next 2 days, so I am still waiting on the next rank and back to playing my 2-3 hours a night, and will get that shinny new sniper riffle sometime next week.
joemah
+6|6734
I had a break from shcool this week, I got 1,000 points in a day twice. I played about 6 hours both htose days b/c i have no life.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6731|Finland
Be medic but don't run around map with your shockpads. Use mostly your gun and if there's wounted teammate and no enemy near then revive it. You can heal yourself after combats and medic are basic guns are pretty or very good. Another way is vehicle whoring of course. It's not that hard to get 200-300 points/hour, it mean only 50-100 points/round which isnt that much. Sure it's maybe hard to get that much point in every single round but that's what those top players do. I don't get even near 1000 points in a day anymore because I'm playing only around 2 hours a day max and I get around 500 points in that time. So be medic or vehicle whore or just kill more people than before. And be agressive. Don't stay too long at spawnpoint. Move to flag and you will get poins fast.
sinir
damned
+2|6811|Boston
I don't see why 1000 gp a day is crazy, sometimes i do it, sometimes more or less depends on playtime.  I get about 200ish gp an hour so its easy math - if Ive got 5 hours to play then sure
twiistaaa
+87|6661|mexico
i find sometimes u waste alot of time running from here to there. i dont do it much unless im stuck out at sea but its ok to suicide if ur gona be several minutes getting to the next flag. suicide also lets u get your composure back and re-evaluate your next moves. but it is -2 i think, so dont just do it if u know u will get spawn killed on the other end.
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6677|Enon
If you have a lot of time to devote everyday it wouldnt be to hard. The most important thing is that your having fun.

If you really want, the best way for you may be to armor whore or medic whore the crap out of a map like karkand.
guppy99_00
Banned
+11|6725|kansas
i donnt know about no 1000 point days. i know i can rack up atleast 50-100 per game depending on the map, but i can only play for like 2 hours before i get bored. i know yall might look at my stats and say im a tank whore or whatever the care is but i dont care. im good in a tank and well eventhough im good i fell in love with the PKM now and i still rack up more points than people in armor vehicles and i still get my gold and silver. im stating this because there is always someone saying my opinion dont count because i do armor. but if you ever play with me or against me youll see how good i am in foot eventhough the stats dont say it because i started of bad.
edzed
+1|6689
Its really easy on 64 man Karkand, for example last night i played 3 hours and got 968, which is close to a 1000.  Either tank whore or medic whore and its really easy.
Defiance
+438|6664

Averaging it is hard, unless you have no school no work no life and no friends, you can comfortably get 1k a day.

But, 1k a day is what I normally get on the weekends when there's time away from school and such.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard