BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6772|London UK

Im sorry for those guys that are not totally stupid and actually have some grey matter between their heads, but Ive seen it time and time again, so I just have to post this.

THE HOTEL FLAG ON KARKAND = SHIT.

i tell you what gets on my nerves.

is MEC teams on karkand, they are completely stupid.

they will fight at all cost to keep the hotel.

they think the hotel is more important then every single other flag on the map.

they will gladly give away the tanks to the enemy.

gladly be attack from both sides, trapped and artillery striked.

ANYTHING FOR THE BELOVED HOTEL.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6821|Delaware
The Hotel is a key flag. If the US gains it not only do they stop bleeding ticket-wise, but they always have a base closer to the front and can continue to press on with further infantry support. For shame...telling people to abandon the hotel.
a fly
+105|6644|The netherlands
hotel is indeed not evrything, a few should defend the back (destroy the bridge, mine evry other way to get on, put claymores at stairs from the water)

then apc's and tank defend hotel by raping anything they see. infantry attack and deffend all other flags
RDMC_old
+0|6736|Almere, Holland

BUDFORCE wrote:

Im sorry for those guys that are not totally stupid and actually have some grey matter between their heads, but Ive seen it time and time again, so I just have to post this.

THE HOTEL FLAG ON KARKAND = SHIT.

i tell you what gets on my nerves.

is MEC teams on karkand, they are completely stupid.

they will fight at all cost to keep the hotel.

they think the hotel is more important then every single other flag on the map.

they will gladly give away the tanks to the enemy.

gladly be attack from both sides, trapped and artillery striked.

ANYTHING FOR THE BELOVED HOTEL.
Actually it should be the other way around.. for the USMC the hotel is shit.. cuz every1 is defendin it.. they only have to go around cap a flag and they have stopped the ticket drain..
chitlin
Banned
+36|6762

BUDFORCE wrote:

i think you mean grey matter between thier EARS. last time l looked i only had one head ^^
Amish_electrition22
+9|6637|Minneapolis-MN
I think that the hotel is in some ways good and bad.

stops ticket bleed for usmc
easly defended by mec
and yet no vehicles respawn there and allof the c4 and noob toobers hang out there
Go defend mec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

SysTray wrote:

The Hotel is a key flag. If the US gains it not only do they stop bleeding ticket-wise, but they always have a base closer to the front and can continue to press on with further infantry support. For shame...telling people to abandon the hotel.
I agree.  As long as the US doesn't send mass amount of people thru the first fence.
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6737|yorkshire penisula
i sooo gotta agree,i get super pissed at my team on karkand when all they wanna do is clusterfuck in the alleys at the hotel,then one by one the back flags get taken and before anyone knows it,we got square left and 4 apc's +2 tanks camping the shit outta us.
its the defend/attack maps people dont seem to get,to win we need to defend at ALL flags not just the hotel!
please noobs start defending key flags like SUBURB and TRAIN ACCIDENT,those seem the most important to me seen as the usmc spread everywhere from those flags!
and out of all the flag points on kark,hotel is the simplest to take back unlike suburb and train accident.
goldenfetii
+0|6635
I gotta tell you I agree with you 100%.  I registered for the forums just to reply to this because the same thing has been pissing me off so much lately on Karkand. 

All of the points matter at least a little, but hotel is easily the least important.  No point even comes close to as important as the Gatehouse.  Not only does it have all of the commander's assets, but it also has the only MEC tank, and is the most easily defended base on the map.  I can't tell you how many games I've won as USMC by getting a hummer or an APC and just driving right by the Hotel to take the Gatehouse, or how many games I've lost as MEC because an APC or tank goes there first and kills me (the only defender of course) and I sit there and shout "DEFEND THE GATEHOUSE" or "SPAWN AT THE GATEHOUSE" and NO ONE does because they are fighting over the hotel, and we end up losing.  I've played too many games in which the USMC does take the Gatehouse and no one except myself is even trying to take it back.

All you really need is the Gatehouse anyway.  If MEC abandons all other points, destroys the bridges, and waits it out with snipers, anti-tanks,  and engineers ( for AT mines and repair) they will still win most of the time because the base is so difficult to assualt when all opposing team members spawn there.

(This is of course for a 32 player map, which is probably the most popular.)
SysTray
+180|6821|Delaware

usmarine2005 wrote:

SysTray wrote:

I agree.  As long as the US doesn't send mass amount of people thru the first fence.
I think I might die. You just agreed with me. Those deleted posts must be going to your head
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

SysTray wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

SysTray wrote:

I think I might die. You just agreed with me. Those deleted posts must be going to your head
Not exactly, but I just think people are wrong when they say the MEC should forget to Hotel.  I beleive if the US gets the hotel, the armor can move too easy to the rest of the flags.
SysTray
+180|6821|Delaware
The hotel is what is referred to as a "choke point". Keep the armor in the two passages and you just pwn the shit out of them with mines, c4, and rockets. It's like if an enemy ship tried to go through the Panama Canal...only with tanks and streets instead of ships and water.
d3x74
+14|6646|NY
The hotel has the hookers in it dude. They are worth protecting...
Hessy<diablo>
+0|6660
also egyptian cotton sheets and roomservice and television all for only 10 USD a night.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands
I just want to say the topic poster should play a game with me at MEC. Finally someone who understands the actual meaning of the game. To win as a TEAM, not to play for yourself.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6672|U.S.A.
I agree, I dont' think the Hotel is the most important flag for the MEC. Because if the USMC takes the suburbs or any other point, most likly most of the USMC is gonna spawn at those points and spread like a plauge. And then before you know it the MEC has lost all comms and they're like WTF.  Its happened to me way to many times, I mean I can't defend Factory by myself against a squad of soldiers and two APC's.

My rule when im on MEC is, if they take Suburbs, blow the bridge, and make them take the water way, it will at least slow their advances.
BVC
+325|6695
LAV25 up the left ftw _b  Or down the right out-of-bounds for a while, it doesn't really matter as all the MEC troops will be at the hotel
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6760
To win as a TEAM, not to play for yourself.
Karkand is nothing but a point getting map. if you want to play as a team, play any other map (except Sharqi).
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6679
When I used to play this laggy ass POS game I would become a one man defense team . Since most idiots need to defend the Hotel as if it's the last flag on earth completely ignoring the suburbs or any other flag I got into the habit of doing this :

A) Spawn at the train accident as  Special forces  and blow the bridge up - the clostest side to the Train accident mind you . Also blowing myself up in the proccess . Now there is only one way into the main base - the water rout .

B) Spawn as an Engineer and mine the water rout . Slap three mines on top of the road leading to the water rout . Run back to the flag and place a few mines at the top edges of the hills one on each side of the roads .

Basically from here there is not much left to do other then camp and wait for base rapers . I usually jump into a vodnik and hang out by the flag and cover the stairs and make sure no one gets into the building by the flag to cap it from inside . Toss a grenade through the window to kill him .

IMHO when I play USMC there is no other flag more important then the suburbs . It is high ground and high ground is seaier to defend then lower ground . Also you have a downward slope to your adavangtage . After capping the Suburbs you can simply jump into a vodnik and haul some serious ass down hill  to the main MEC base and cap it . It takes 12 seconds to get to the main flag if you don't bump into any objects . And this is why destroying the bridge is critical for the MEC team . Now you force the USMC to take the water rout . The car is slowed down in the water and even slowed down more by having to drive uphill over the top and onto the street . Easy pickings for anti tank guys or Special forces C4 trap .

If you find yourself frustrated by loosing round after round make your own squad and call it "defense" or something . People who are sick of loosing round after round will help out . Try asking for help and you just might get some . Sometimes I just wait for people who join my saqud . People who join my squad voluntarily are smart enough to see the situation of lossing round after round and will help out .

But all of this is in vain . Why ? ................ connection loss OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jonnykill (2006-02-26 13:57:50)

Transkohr
+0|6641
It's a pretty suite hotel, that's why i defend it.

the rooms are to die for.
JimKong
+31|6642|Ohio
Hotel and Square are worthless. Whoever said Hotel is a key flag is an idiot.

Last edited by JimKong (2006-02-26 14:11:35)

ECH
+50|6643|Some where near you

SysTray wrote:

That goes for any flag they cap not just the hotel.
JP3
+8|6669|Grammar Land
This isn't just a Karkand problem, it's on every map.  If you are getting slaughtered trying to take one specific flag, fucking let them have it.  Nothing frustrates me more, than watching my teams tickets get shredded over one flag that everyone seems to think is the key to life itself.
ECH
+50|6643|Some where near you
people do not know that deaths are counted towards the deduction of tickets.  The more you die the more your contribute to ticket loss.  I have won rounds with only 3 flags but 5 of us had over 25 kills with the rest having over 10 kills.  While the US had only 2 players with over 25 kills and the rest averaging arounf 6-10. 

I like this way of balancing becuause if they cap all the flags...who cares its time to concentrate on your K: D ratio.  With not dying the most important aspect of the game!!!!
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands

Talon wrote:

To win as a TEAM, not to play for yourself.
Karkand is nothing but a point getting map. if you want to play as a team, play any other map (except Sharqi).
Karkand is a great map, except there truly are too much people around only playing for the points. It sickens me to see the USMC tank just standing behind an alley spawn, to watch the medics go Blazin.Uk style, and to see all the people crawl around the hotel as little insects. This map is way more than that, and I'm still playing on it to meet a few stratigically minded people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard