jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6732|Norcal, usa
i figure they shouldn't nerf the m95, if it can cut some one in half in real life, then they should let it cut people in half in the game too.

if it can destroy a helicopter in real life, it damned well better do it in the game too.

or at least give me an m107, semi auto .50 cal.

not these things shooting spitwads
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Try posting on the many other M95 power threads.

By the way, no-one wants a one-hit-kill sniper rifle. Sure we have one hit kill grenades GLs, AT guns, but with something as accurate as a Sniper rifle, or something that you can use at close range which fires  fast shots, being a one hit kill weapon, it would fuck the game up something terrible. Think about it: you round a corner and you're dead. This all because some guy with the Sniper kit just fired off a shot as soon as he saw you in a panic and hit you in the foot. Boom, dead.  Not fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Devolant
+3|6629|Sweden
Tyferra you aren't very bright..

Snipers ain't so fukin easy to aim with. Especially M95 cause of the large scope it covers the entire body or head on a longer range..

Please, GL's are overpowered one shot one kill close or long range. Snipers take a lot more skill to use for 1 shots. Even 2 shots are hard if u got SOME lag just a LITTLE. GL = NO PROBLEM BLAST RADIUS...
Ciosici
+0|6628
Snipers should be one shot kill, if anywhere in the torso or head, but it should be incredibly difficult to aim, just as in real life.  CoD instituted a wavering cross-hairs, that increased if you were standing up or crouching.  That way you'd have to line up the shot for a longer time before firing.  They should also add more realistic bullet drop, so if you are really far away the bullet is affected by wind and gravity more realistically.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Devolant wrote:

Snipers ain't so fukin easy to aim with. Especially M95 cause of the large scope it covers the entire body or head on a longer range..

Please, GL's are overpowered one shot one kill close or long range. Snipers take a lot more skill to use for 1 shots. Even 2 shots are hard if u got SOME lag just a LITTLE. GL = NO PROBLEM BLAST RADIUS...
Try headshots....

Snipers with any kind of skill get one hit kills anyway (with the bolt actions)...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
CG_Magus
+0|6628
yes!!!! ciosci!!! wooo1!!!!

thank you, wavering cross hairs.

ill back up his point:
the actual sniper rifles are very very friggen heavy man.... in americas army: special forces, if you stood while shooting, you couldnt ever hit crap because of the erratic aiming pattern...so thank you!!!!
Donutman517
+0|6659
If they chose to let the m95 kill with one shot then the dao should kill with one also. RIGHT?

If they did this the game would become unbalanced. IT"S A GAME! NOT REAL LIFE!

So what if you have to shoot them and pull your pistol out to kill them.

GO AWAY!
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6732|Norcal, usa
i think the dao-12 should be one shot kill on non-armored guys
but shotgun shells aren't particularly effective on bodyarmor
Impaqt
+37|6630|Chicago, Il
I'm sorry, but if you got hit in the leg witha 50 cal out of an M95 you wouldnt have much of a leg left. 

It should knock you down and start bleeding your life at least.  If a medic gets to you before life runs out...  You can get fixed.  If not..  Dead....

Thats my major pet peeve about this game...   no  one ever falls down froma hit.  as  long as you've got 1 bar of life left, your as mobile as a full meter.....
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6750|Brixham, UK
Its EASY to get a body shot with ANY sniper rifle. Why make it one hit kill? Headshots on the other hand...
l41e
+677|6641

To whom it may concern:

READ DUFFKING'S SIGNATURE.

AND FOLLOW IT TOO.

Thank you.

There's about a thousand threads already on how "in real life the m95 would blah blah blah so we need 1-shot kills".
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6786|South Cybertown, Texas
Search this!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
if this game was exactly how real life was.... just imagine how the game would be. everyone would be dead before they even see an enemy.
Spookyboy
+5|6642
I personally like the sniper rifles the way they are. it just means that the sniper has to be alittle skillful, as u can kill anyone with one clean shot to the head using the M95, M24 and L96a1.

i used to play Joint ops, and it used to be fun being able to kill anyone with a single shot from any sniper rifle, but when people start dying coz someone shot them in the foot or arm, it kinda takes the fun out of it.

one thing i agree with is that better sniper physics should be introduced, and i think an adjustable zoom scope would be a nice touch too. otherwise i think the current rifle balance is spot on for the game
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Devolant wrote:

C'mon, I had to respond to this - he called me not very bright! That's not cool.

Okay, first of all, you're calling me not bright because I can manage to shoot a rifle point blank and hit someone? Yes I expect others to be able to do it too, when an enemy soldier fills your screen and you fire a one hit kill weapon, I expect to to hit and kill them. I didn't say you had to bring the sight up and aim - you don't need to, and that's the point. It can be a reflex and you can hit and kill them with one shot. I trust you hold your gun out in front of you when you walk around in BF2, so technically, if you see someone directly in front of you, you should be able to shoot and kill him with one shot. Sorry if I seem to be repeating myself, but I can't think of any other way to explain it.

Maybe that's what you meant by me not being bright. If not, can you please tell me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6699|Germany
Oh well... how many more of those fucking "OMG, the Sniper Rifle should be one-shot-one-kill"-threads will there be? It seems, the starters of those threads are not very bright, the agreers are even less so.... As many others said: Reality has to stand back if it is about game balance... Many things in this game are not as they are in reality... but if they would, it would make this game absolutely unplayable... so stop bitching about it und STFU
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine

Impaqt wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you got hit in the leg witha 50 cal out of an M95 you wouldnt have much of a leg left. 

It should knock you down and start bleeding your life at least.  If a medic gets to you before life runs out...  You can get fixed.  If not..  Dead....

Thats my major pet peeve about this game...   no  one ever falls down froma hit.  as  long as you've got 1 bar of life left, your as mobile as a full meter.....
If you were shot in the leg by an M95, you wouldn't even have a stump left. Just some dangeling bone and skin tissue. Ever seen what a 30-06 hollow point does to a deer? Let's just say there's a massive hole on the other side, so think of that times two.

I think it's against the guneva <spelling?> to shoot someone with a .50 caliber rifle, whom isn't behind armor.

EDIT: By the way, I agree you should get knocked down or atleast get slowed down. In America's Army, if you get shot you lose your aim, and you also run slower. You bleed if you get in the red too.

Last edited by CrazeD (2006-02-28 04:14:05)

Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6648|Land of the Very Cold
a well placed headshot is usually a one shot one kill... i've been killed many times that way (to the point i thought others were cheating) until i started to do one-shot-one-kill lately. I simply learned about the bullet drop factor, and changed my approach to aiming.

And if you're sniping where there is a battle going on, you'll mostly kill the enemy with 1 bullet, since they might have taken damages already fighting close combats, and you just finish the job.

and sniping is a game where u need to be patient, no need to rush your kills. I can stay at the same spot for as long as no one spots me.
JimKong
+31|6635|Ohio

jermyang wrote:

i figure they shouldn't nerf the m95, if it can cut some one in half in real life, then they should let it cut people in half in the game too.

if it can destroy a helicopter in real life, it damned well better do it in the game too.

or at least give me an m107, semi auto .50 cal.

not these things shooting spitwads
In real life you wouldn't be running after one 9mm round to the face. Get over it.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6778|Perth, Western Australia
I agree with tyferra on this one
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6727|cairns australia

jermyang wrote:

i think the dao-12 should be one shot kill on non-armored guys
but shotgun shells aren't particularly effective on bodyarmor
ever heard of sg's or solids?
acidkiller187
+123|6623
at the end of the day what fun would there be in shooting someone once and his dead part of the chalenge is to shoot the guy in the head and if you miss the head maybe you shot the arm or leg and if he runs and you shoot him again and he dies (YOU ARE THE FUCKING MAN ) sniping is cool as it is in the game and i dont think they should change SHIT
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6747
How about this, the M95 can kill choppers & infantry in a single shot, but for balance snipers are blindfolded, wear dayglow flourescent orange flemenco shirts, come with a bot carrying a neon sign of an arrow pointing at you & your gun comes unassembled & requires 5 minutes to assemble it & requires an engineer to assist you & a support to give you spare parts because you are wearing a blind fold & frequently drop them.

mmmmm balance

Last edited by -=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon (2006-03-03 21:23:50)

DawidBuchwald
+0|6625|Warsaw, Poland

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

How about this, the M95 can kill choppers & infantry in a single shot, but for balance snipers are blindfolded, wear dayglow flourescent orange flemenco shirts, come with a bot carrying a neon sign of an arrow pointing at you & your gun comes unassembled & requires 5 minutes to assemble it & requires an engineer to assist you & a support to give you spare parts because you are wearing a blind fold & frequently drop them.

mmmmm balance
<LOL> man! I strongly agree!!!
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6747
people should stop comparing this GAME to REAL LIFE.
If this game was realistic you should be dead by 2 shots(maximum) to the chest from any of the guns, you couldn't fucking make a helicopter hovering in the air, not to mention driving a plane, your parachute wont open within a 4 meter fall, when you catapult from an aeroplane you should have some bones broken, if you hit a tree with a jeep you'd be dead, a medic wont be able to revive anyone (especially those with a hole in the head) and they couldnt heal also, a support guy wont be able to pull out 5 SRAW rockets from his ass, an engineer wont be able to repair anything with a freakin wrench (especially bridges), you wont be able to raise a flag from a helicopter and so on...
After all this, do you still want this game to be realistic? Or do you want it to be BALANCED and ENJOYABLE?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard