pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6646
Wouldn't this be cool, having a chinook in the game, for all of your who dont know what one is, its the heli with two main rotas on top, they are used to carry jeeps and supplies. Imagine your squad having 1 pilot whist the rest get inside a couple of the side guns, and then one of you drives a jeep into the back ready for deployment?!
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway
Yeah - also known as Battlefield Vietnam..
Except it didn't transport them inside, but hanging underneath and you could still fire your tank gun while hanging there

I miss it
sparklet
Banned
+34|6747|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
...... well i dont think a tank or apc would fit INSIDE a chinook i vote for a C-130 GUNSHIP
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6728|Germany

Nice idea, I would like it on a map somewhere in the mountians
but imagine one of these choppers in the DICE/EA-Battlefield 1.2 world... you would be able to get, lets say 6 or 7 kills with a Hummer by just shooting at it for a few seconds

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-02-25 11:12:21)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway

sparklet wrote:

...... well i dont think a tank or apc would fit INSIDE a chinook i vote for a C-130 GUNSHIP
I vote for a DeathStar
MardukeV
+0|6836|Washington, DC
Ok, well the Chinook idea is cool, but it would only have to be able to carry jeeps and eqivilants, not armor. I would really love a C-130, but I think we need a relitivly large map of mostly land for it to be really useful. Say....Wake Island size, but way more land...and the Essex command tower would get in the way, thats one skinny runway...
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6646
It would be good for the people who play as squads, rather than u borin lot who play for points i rekon points shud stop at 1st lunteant
FlyingBitch
+-1|6664|Wake or The Netherlands!
there are some mods with heli transports..
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
Dont' we have Supply drops AND respawns of vehicles AND troop transport choppers? Why the hell would we want a Chinook for?!

Yeah, I can see it now ' Hey Fred, lets drop 32 troops on the ESSEX, er.. wait our flags are disappearing, how about putting "Jeep" on the ESSEX...er wait, damn planes'
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6739|Comber, Northern Ireland
nah it wud be better to get a sea stallion, it has a bigger load than the chinook, or even a MI-26 HALO, with the load cap of a C-5
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6646
Yea anythin that could transport the squad and a vehicle of choice around i think would be ace
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6659
It's a good idea i think, carrying a jeep around would be cool, but they would have to make new maps for it and have reasonable armour on the thing at least, originally they were going to have transport hovercraft with a similar ability to carry vehicles, but thats not in the game at all :S

But it would be cool unloading a couple of hummers out the back with your squad!
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6781
problem with a c130 is landing it...there's not many that can land successfully on the first shot at the runway (atleast not without vertical thrust)
EvilJebus
+11|6624
Great idea, I see no problem with this at all, I think it would be great.

To address some problems other people had with it, you wouldn't be able to land one of these on the carrier and put a tank on there unless the other team is just complete retards, then they just deserver it. A cargo hele loaded with a tank/hmmwvv isn't going to be moving that fast, the carriers AA guns should tear though it no problem. Any plane should heading back to the carrier to resupply should also be able to down the hele before it even gets halfway there.

The other one was "whats the point of them if the armor respawns", well how about maps with uncapable flags way far away, airfields in the back. Maybe your team wants to make a strategic strike behind enemy lines, you cant exactly convoy a tank and some vehicles back there, but you might be able to airlift them easier and capture a stratigic flag. Maybe you need to get armor to a spot quickly, a flag you're losing.

Perfect example is Wake Island, enemy takes the North Village, losing the North Base, the tank at the Airfield is blow up, what are you going to do, fly the tank from South Base in of course! Drop the tank halfway between the Airfield and North Base and begin your assault, thats useful.
MrE`158
+103|6623
To hell with a C-130.  The Hercules is nice and all as a transport, but I'd have a lot more fun in an AC-130 Spectre (or Spooky).  Check it out here:  http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ac-130.htm  Scroll down to the 'Armament' section.  Yes, that's 105mm Howitzer on the side of an airplane. 

It'd be a perfect 'plane for a squad of guys, each manning one of the guns, providing comedic quantities of cloase air support.

Rather more on topic, the idea of a big chopper like a Chinook with a DPV or FAV in the back is cool, but it's damnably risky, since there's bound to be someone in a fighter somewhere that'll spot you and think "Wow, look at all the kills I can get with that!"
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6649|South Korea.

pure_beef_69 wrote:

Wouldn't this be cool, having a chinook in the game, for all of your who dont know what one is, its the heli with two main rotas on top, they are used to carry jeeps and supplies. Imagine your squad having 1 pilot whist the rest get inside a couple of the side guns, and then one of you drives a jeep into the back ready for deployment?!
It would make being left behind on carriers obsolete. And It would be a better choice over fliying coffins.
https://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/examples/templates/orange/Chinook_loading_soldiers.jpg
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway

EvilJebus wrote:

Great idea, I see no problem with this at all, I think it would be great.

To address some problems other people had with it, you wouldn't be able to land one of these on the carrier and put a tank on there unless the other team is just complete retards, then they just deserver it. A cargo hele loaded with a tank/hmmwvv isn't going to be moving that fast, the carriers AA guns should tear though it no problem. Any plane should heading back to the carrier to resupply should also be able to down the hele before it even gets halfway there.

The other one was "whats the point of them if the armor respawns", well how about maps with uncapable flags way far away, airfields in the back. Maybe your team wants to make a strategic strike behind enemy lines, you cant exactly convoy a tank and some vehicles back there, but you might be able to airlift them easier and capture a stratigic flag. Maybe you need to get armor to a spot quickly, a flag you're losing.

Perfect example is Wake Island, enemy takes the North Village, losing the North Base, the tank at the Airfield is blow up, what are you going to do, fly the tank from South Base in of course! Drop the tank halfway between the Airfield and North Base and begin your assault, thats useful.

And you'd get shot down by AA before you could say cake...
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6667|Sydney, Australia
Antonov 225 for me:

https://www.air-and-space.com/Antonov%20An-225/20030411%20Stuttgart%2010%20An-225%20left%20front%20David%20Long%20m.jpg

https://www.air-and-space.com/Antonov%20An-225/20030411%20Stuttgart%2011%20An-225%20left%20side%20David%20Long%20m.jpg

https://www.air-and-space.com/Antonov%20An-225/ViperI6%20antonov%20039%20l.jpg
RonSeal
+1|6720
Stealth Hang-Gliders.

Launched from the back of a Hercules 'spawn' like in that old AA map.

Need some bigger maps though i reckon...
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

Friluftshund wrote:

Yeah - also known as Battlefield Vietnam..
Except it didn't transport them inside, but hanging underneath and you could still fire your tank gun while hanging there

I miss it
Yeah, I briefly played Battlefield Vietnam and really liked the transport aspect of the Chinooks. I remember one of my favorite things to do was pickup a boat or jeep with the tow cable and then fly over some unsuspecting player and drop the boat or jeep on them. It didn't give you any points for the kill but it was definitely a fun way to kill people, even better than knifing or shock paddling. Ah... Nothing like looking up and seeing a boat falling from the sky about to land on your head.

Last edited by LG-MindBullets (2006-03-14 11:35:08)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway
Hm... That thing would need the combined length of all BF2 maps with runways to be able to take off

And I'll wager if you take a couple of engines it'll start to handle reeal nice
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6649|South Korea.

RonSeal wrote:

Stealth Hang-Gliders.

Launched from the back of a Hercules 'spawn' like in that old AA map.

Need some bigger maps though i reckon...
Holy shit yes!
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6645|Malibu
If this transport heli could just drop off other transport vehicle, it would be an interesting idea.

If it had capability of carrying an heavy armor, this would jeoperdize the balance of the game.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6646
lol that big white plane was not quite wat i was getting at but still a nice idea the only problem being that the runway would be so long that the moment you take off you would already be leaving the combat area!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard