awhuy
+0|6637
I was @ around 19,600 pts on Thursday, knowing I would get by 20k by midnight. I was missing the basic knife badge, and I knew that If I didn't get that badge I would get Master Sarge instead of First Sarge.  So, I made it my obsession to get that badge b4 the 20k, and I did... Barely.

I was soo happy. like, YEAH BABY YEAH!

So, after I got my Veteran KNife (oh, I got 7 kills, and already past 50 total, so I got basic and Vet) I joined some people on another pub, and one or two rounds later, I rank up.... TO MASTER SARGE!!! WTH!?!? Why Don't I have First Sergeant!?!?!? AHHH!H!H!H! WHY WHY WHY WHY!?!?!?

So, I Got j00d.  horribly.  Someone needs to give me my rank, or EA can go frak itself. HELP!!!BOO PISS!!
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6648
they are just having trouble with their servers again - just wait a lil and your knife badge will show up and after one more kill - bang first sarge - congrats
edzed
+1|6697
I dont think you will get first sarge because you cannot go from master sarge to first sarge. OP just got unlucky with the servers being slow and his knife badge not showing up in time. But who knows this is ea we are dealing with.
zFeinT
+35|6669
Sux2bu.  That blows, dude...seriously.  Demoralized; quit BF2 and play a game where you don't rank up - don't let this take over you.  Seek help before it is too late.  Oh, yeah...I enjoy being First Sergeant   (lol on a serious note....hope you get your righteous rank, you got jipped)
awhuy
+0|6637
SEE, thats the thing. I would've that that, since I got an in-game notification that I got the basic/vet knife badge, and managed to stay on the round to the end w/o being disconnected, I thought that would've registered.  Soo, I thought that stupid First Sarge promotion was slam dunk after that. Who know I mightve needed a day for the dam game to acknowledge the badge b4 j00ing me outta my promotion!
Gill_Bates
+0|6847
lol, I made sure I got my knife and pistol badge before hitting 20k I left about 1500 point buffer to make sure I dont go over, the pistol took me forever to get, and when I finally got it (tried to get vet too but not enough time), finished the game exited end checked my badge first then went for a rank up.
-I know badges takes for ever and medals too to update so, I guess your stuck at that rank now.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia
If the time awarded shows you got the knife badge before the promo, then you should get first sarge. If not then I would contact EA.
[SLO]Tavington
+0|6637|Slovenia, Lesce
It happened to me too and had to face it and wait to sergeant major ... i dont know why
I would be happy too if I got 1st sarge rank...but I didnt so I'm working 2x hard to get next one
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
that's rough man.  on the weekends the traffic get's brutal for EA's updating.  badges seem to get lost in the shuffle.  if you left the server before the round ended in which you got your knife badge (or any badge for that matter) it tends not to register.  seems like you need to stay an extra round after you get your award to be sure it will 'stick'.

next time you won't cut it so close
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6695|Vancouver BC Canada
Just be rdy for that next rank, make sure you have all your badges in BFHQ before earning those points, I allready have all mine .

EA wont care. They never do.

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-02-25 00:55:42)

awhuy
+0|6637
Man, if anyone does a lookup of my on the stats, you can see that bf2s doesn't think highly of me for the time-to-next-rank: 364 days to 50k.  Yeah, a whole freakin year.

Also, someone mentioned that its a glitch that if you get both a basic and vet badge, it wouldn't recognize the basic since you get a notification for the silver veteran instead.  Anyone hear a glitch like that?! Is that how I got scammed?
G. Stefani
+0|6637
Yep, you got scammed......
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6673|Australia
Thats a damn shame man.

I wanted to get to first sarge instead of the other one, but didnt have pistol or knife badge that was on about 14k,so i put eveything into getting them, now that i have them, im 3k away from ranking up.

I wont worry about vet pistol and knife til after ranking, cause then i have a challenge to keep me ocupied til the next rank of master sargeant 30k away
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

awhuy wrote:

I was @ around 19,600 pts on Thursday, knowing I would get by 20k by midnight. I was missing the basic knife badge, and I knew that If I didn't get that badge I would get Master Sarge instead of First Sarge.  So, I made it my obsession to get that badge b4 the 20k, and I did... Barely.

I was soo happy. like, YEAH BABY YEAH!

So, after I got my Veteran KNife (oh, I got 7 kills, and already past 50 total, so I got basic and Vet) I joined some people on another pub, and one or two rounds later, I rank up.... TO MASTER SARGE!!! WTH!?!? Why Don't I have First Sergeant!?!?!? AHHH!H!H!H! WHY WHY WHY WHY!?!?!?

So, I Got j00d.  horribly.  Someone needs to give me my rank, or EA can go frak itself. HELP!!!BOO PISS!!
It sucks.. yes I got my knive badge a day after my promotion and it pretty lame to be outranked by some First Sarge that has less point then u (happened to me I had 42000 points, he just got promoted to First and he became cmdr..) shit happens just rank up to Sergeant Major thats what I did as fast as I could
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6728|Debris From Space
What's so special about First Sergant anyway? Their both the same rank in a way. I'd rather be called Master Sergeant than First Sergeant. I have the requirements anyway so i'm safe.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2006-02-25 05:25:33)

HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6710|Germany
There might be another explanation why you didnĀ“t make it to First Seargent :
If you got your Basic and Veteran Knife badge in the same round the game has the tendency to only give you credit for the veteran, not counting the basic one that you need for FS...
But wait a bit, mybe it turns out alright....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

awhuy wrote:

Man, if anyone does a lookup of my on the stats, you can see that bf2s doesn't think highly of me for the time-to-next-rank: 364 days to 50k.  Yeah, a whole freakin year.

Also, someone mentioned that its a glitch that if you get both a basic and vet badge, it wouldn't recognize the basic since you get a notification for the silver veteran instead.  Anyone hear a glitch like that?! Is that how I got scammed?
about the veteran part.. i got my vet and basic knife in the same round.. bear in mind i'm a wee while away from first sarge yet but although i got them in the same round it still says on the stats that my next rank is first sarge.. so if that IS a glitch then it didnt affect me.. unlucky mate..

but last night when i went online to play.. every ranked server i was in didnt load my stats.. i was Private spawnofthemist in EVERY game.. and none of my stats loaded in BFHQ.. so i think it was just a server screwup..

you'll get your first sarge i think
awhuy
+0|6637
I'm still pissed. Stupid glitch makes me a peon to stupid commanders now. If I have to duke it out with other players for command and I get j00ed b/c he's got 1st Sgt, and we get pwnd in straight rounds b/c the co can't do anything but lay uav and not spots, I'd be pissed.   You want a great Stormin' Norman? you come to me!
mitsteig
+0|6728|Buxton, Maine
Please quit with the racial slurs... I'm not Jewish, but it offends me nontheless.
In case you weren't aware, j00ed (jewed) is a racial slur...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

Eboreus wrote:

they are just having trouble with their servers again - just wait a lil and your knife badge will show up and after one more kill - bang first sarge - congrats
They don't change your rank if it counts your award later and you're already a Master Sergeant.  It should, but the ranking servers weren't programmed to do that.  He's screwed now as Master Sergeant just because their servers are that retarded.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6698

mitsteig wrote:

Please quit with the racial slurs... I'm not Jewish, but it offends me nontheless.
In case you weren't aware, j00ed (jewed) is a racial slur...
agreed
Leonnoe1
+2|6726
I don't see why you need to whine about it. If you were this worried about a name you should have made sure you had all the reqs much earlier.
Unitedsas
+0|6641
yep thath sucks but i got  basic pistyol and vet alredy and im  8.5k points but i got my basic knife in a 24/7 mashtuur i was in the room in the hotel with me squad and when they spawn i knife them i got the award but it hasn tshown up i waited  like 4 rounds after then disconnected

Last edited by Unitedsas (2006-02-26 02:03:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard