JamesAJanisse
+0|6683|Metro Detroit, MI
Hey everyone, James A. Janisse from Smokebomb Productions here to let you know that the fourth video in our series is out, about Patch 1.2:

On Valentine's Day of 2006, EA released the long-awaited patch 1.2. The patch was meant to make the game more realistic and even out the classes. In their attempt, EA characteristically failed. The patch made the sniper and support classes extremely accurate, now making them overly-common classes played. This video, albeit the shortest (running just under 3 minutes) makes fun of the new changes in the game, thanks to patch 1.2.

Download the video at http://www.smokebombproductions.com/download.php?list.3 , and you're going to need DivX codecs if you don't already have them (you should, they're standard).

Leave some feedback and let us know what you think! Thanks!
Tehthu9000
+0|6656
Lolerskates lol sooo fucking funny
lordkintendo
+0|6667
this is the best video i have seen from you guys,the support is the greatest and sexiest man alive
JamesAJanisse

lordkintendo wrote:

the support is the greatest and sexiest man alive
I didn't think I'd ever see those words together.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705
I loved all of your videos, I just wish they were a tad bit longer.
EDIT: WHy did the support kid get a hair cut?! His hair used to look like a helmet lol!

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-02-25 15:56:47)

JamesAJanisse

Superior Mind wrote:

I loved all of your videos, I just wish they were a tad bit longer.
Yeah, not even I predicted that this latest would be so damn short. We'll be sure to make the next, which sounds like it may be the best one yet, closer to 5 minutes.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6713
Nothing about anti aircraft missiles? im disappointed
JamesAJanisse

Superior Mind wrote:

EDIT: WHy did the support kid get a hair cut?! His hair used to look like a helmet lol!
He wanted to remember how awesome seeing was.

Skruples wrote:

Nothing about anti aircraft missiles? im disappointed
We considered doing something about the worthlessness of choppers, but until we get more funding, we didn't see how it'd be possible. We are looking into getting a green screen, but we'd still need to construct things like the chopper. We're all pretty much busy people, it's a miracle we get the videos out as often as we do.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705

JamesAJanisse wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

He wanted to remember how awesome seeing was.
lol.....
btw, which of those guys are u (sniper, specops, medic...?)

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-02-25 16:01:03)

JamesAJanisse

Superior Mind wrote:

btw, which of those guys are u (sniper, specops, medic...?)
I am the Medic, Director, Writer, Editor, and sometimes vocalist (Such as this video, where I sing the "lalala" part for the Support and the "Sniper Bastard" for the Sniper)
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705
coool
"Get first Aid here!" "Bezuzzzzz! Alright Your good to GO!"
E|W4v0r
+8|6676|New York
Downloading now.
And keep up the good work!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6684
LMFAO< never seen those before so I watch all 4 in a row.  I almost fell outa my seat towards the end of the fourth :

Sniper "FINNALY"

OMG that was funny.

Great vids.
JamesAJanisse

Stealth42o wrote:

LMFAO< never seen those before so I watch all 4 in a row.  I almost fell outa my seat towards the end of the fourth :

Sniper "FINNALY"

OMG that was funny.

Great vids.
I thnik they're best if viewed like that, all four in a row. Thank you for the compliment.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6697|Seattle
omfg, that made my day.  Thanks.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6856|Bryan/College Station, TX
You know since your the director and the medic in the movies you need to point out that in 1.2 you have that annoying thing where you throw a medic pack and then attempt to revive and you can't for some reason or if you revive you can't throw a medic pack until it recharges. Nevermind that half the time the revive doesn't actually recharge while it's put away.

Talk about suckage when you are in the middle of a fire fight and you can't even revive a teammate.

Oh and the Claymore spamming by Snipers. That would be a good addition to.
Supposedly fixed in 1.21.

Add: BTW keep up the good work on the movies. VERY entertaining!

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-02-26 00:14:27)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
reubenhelms1
+0|6746|Brisbane, Australia
That was truely some funny stuff.

Loved the way the medic pack is given out.  No good deed deserves to go unpunished.

Other great moments in BF2 history.  Assault and spec ops knife dual (because they're out of primary gun ammo, and its too long to reload), until spec ops pulls out the pistol.

James the agressive medic, kills enemies with his mice, erm, defib paddles.

Bailing Black hawk passenger forgets how to used his parachute.

The grenade that didnt make it over the wall (any class with nades).

The spawn killer.

The commander that couldnt (or wouldnt, for that matter).
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6783|AUS, Canberra
for the next one you should get people to send in any vid clips of them doing bf2 realted shit and edit it all together and see what you can make out of it.
JamesAJanisse

the_heart_attack wrote:

for the next one you should get people to send in any vid clips of them doing bf2 realted shit and edit it all together and see what you can make out of it.
The next one is actually going to be entirely about claymores. We hope to have it released before patch 1.21, but if not, you people will surely understand it.
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6675|Sheerness, UK
Smokebomb Productions website has been suspended, what has happened? is it due to the new 1.2 patch, you've all been taken out by the sniper b*****d.
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6674|Farmland, England
might be due to bandwidth limits (due to popularity of course ;p)
they should have it back up i hope.
(i havnt even seen it yet )
JamesAJanisse
All 4 parts are on YouTube, and the first three are on GoogleVideo, so you can search for them there with the simple term "Bf2IRL" . We're not exactly sure why the site went down, because this is a different message than what we got before when we first exceeded our bandwidth. Unfortunately for us, the only one WITH a job happens to be our business manager, and so we have to wait for him to get back before this can be fixed. In the meantime, you can check out the files at the links that thejez posted, (which also happen to have links to the new series "Life in an RPG," created by our business manager), or the streaming sites I mentioned. Sorry about the inconvenience... we'll try to have it sorted out ASAP.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard