pohoudini
+1|6658
I like to be squad leader and post up about 50 meters from the points of attack, send my squad in and with either TS or VOIP call out enemys positions and threats. Majority of my points are kill assists , I will not get alot of points but my team wins 90-95% of the time. it pretty efficient.
Janysc
+59|6696|Norway
I'm a random sniper. I don't play Sniper much, but I pick up the kit if I see some fighting in the distance. I go for a bit of the old shoot-the-victorious-enemy-when-he-parades-over-your-buddies.
undersold
+0|6667
im an all round sniper, when its needed i can run in and pick off the enemy with my pistol, sneak up behind people in karland and  set up a claymore offence behind me and pick off the enemy snipers from behind.

also on warlord i pick off the rooftop snipers however im only got SF for the unlocks.

lately however im trying to get the vet badges so sniping is taking a back seat
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6769
It depends.  If I can get a good squad I like to provide fire support from a short distance off the front lines.  Since I can actualy tell my squad when a MGer is down, or some one is comming up behind them, but I cannot get a good shot ect.

If I do not have a good or any squad.  I will usualy go defensive.  try to find a flag the enemy wants to take, and cover it.
mantisboy sniper
+1|6748

Marconius wrote:

I try to be a useful sniper, both defending an important flag from a hidden vantage point, giving long-range support to ground troops attacking another flag, and being a scout.

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

That said, I will happily act as a spotter for my side if they're trying to capture a flag. Focusing on telling them where enemy troops are rather than trying to kill them, although if a target makes itself appealing I will take it.
I try to be as much of a team player as I can.  Most of the time I form my own squad and lock it (I make sure that if the max number of squads is reached that I leave mine and make it available for a 'real squad').  This allows me to call in artillery stikes and ask for UAV.  I call out enemy locations constantly letting my fellow soldiers know of any enemy troop advancements.

I mostly find one of my favorite perches and stay for the entire round.  I only move when I have either been spotted or am having a successful outing and know that I would be sought out if I don't move quickly.  I always keep a secondary and tertiary position readily available.  My primary positions are at a long to medium range from a CP.  I will either defend or attack depending on who has current possession. 

I take my time with my shots and choose my targets carefully.  I don't like firing into a crowd unless necessary or if at an opportune time (their involved in a fire fight).

Overall objective for me is to stay alive.  I’m of no use if I am dead and it’s a personal challenge to keep as high a K-D ratio as possible.  I don’t mind taking a shot and waiting for my teammates to finish him off.  I welcome a Kill Assist just as much as a Kill.

maton wrote:

most of my arty strike i have recieve had been on oman.
I have to say that about half my deaths are from enemy artillery.  I suppose is some sort of back-handed compliment that you’re bugging the other team and they wish to get rid.  I’ve been overly frustrated when I’ve had commanders actually looking for me and hitting me with barrage after barrage with artillery.

kingkong777 wrote:

i'm a 20 headshots, 10 claymore and 5 pistol kills before i die sniper
That seems a little high don’t you think?  Unless it’s your war story…meaning that you did do it but only once.  The stats don’t seem to back your claim.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6711
I like picking guys off from a difference and challenging myself with the bullet drop. That or finding a really good hiding place thats about 200m away from an enemy base and picking guys in the AA or engineers protecting the base from armor.
Emetchar
+0|6725
I go where the battle takes me. Attacking, defending, it's all good.
E|W4v0r
+8|6677|New York
I hide somewhere around the middle of the map so I ahve a good vantage point and scout out everything incoming, picking off foot soldiers when possible.
Chowley
+1|6699|Ireland
I love being close to the action following my squad around stealing kills i find sharqi great for running around with a squad and sniping up close.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6665
Well.... For me it all depends on the moment. Very rarely do i bust out the sniper rifle on karkand. Its just too close quarters and nothing is anywhere near high enough. Snipers that go on that map on 1 story buildings are very short lived. I like big open maps with abundant mountains and brush to hide in. If I am squading up with my buddies that night, I play as a scout sniper.

I love base raping a long range off from a main base. Especially camping heli pads, its fun to decide that a certain pilot just quite simply isnt allowed to fly that chopper at that particular point in time. haha. So, thats another one, I like to sneak behind the enemy lines all the way across the map. I wish I had a dollar for every arty strike that was reserved just for lil o' me.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6708|Mountains of West Virginia

kingkong777 wrote:

i'm a 20 headshots, 10 claymore and 5 pistol kills before i die sniper

i'm not even joking :p
ok your full of shit.

You dont even have a positive K/D with the sniper kit...thats sad.

I prefer to snipe on Chineese maps. (dragon valley has a nice system of roads to get up high and snipe armor spawns etc.)

Trying to snipe in karkand or other MEC maps (there are exceptions) is like shooting fish in a barrel. (but hey, i like points too)

And mantisboy sniper btw- glad to see someone else actually plays the role of a sniper in this game. Its hard to find a true blue sniper.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-02-24 20:36:40)

Rizen_Ji
+41|6749|200m out and smiling at you.
squad sniper, or i'm the guy on the carrier keeping the fly-boys out of the air
ROTOFOO
+2|6674
I usually set up in a spot where i can keep an eye on one of the high traffice flags, like the convoy in Ghost Town, and defend it while calling things out when there isnt any action there.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6686|Colorado
Im usually defending one point, while hitting atleast another coming twords mine.

If im not defending then , I'm looking for a spot to hide next to red clumps.
mantisboy sniper
+1|6748

Snipedya14 wrote:

And mantisboy sniper btw- glad to see someone else actually plays the role of a sniper in this game. Its hard to find a true blue sniper.
Just glad that someone else called out kingkong777.  Thanks for the compliment.  I opened a second acount for the sniper class only.  I stay out of vehicles and stationary weapons.  It forces me to stick with my kit and see just how good I can get with it.  Unfortunately it's somewhat difficult to tell looking at players who is actually a good sniper.  My original account  30mantisboy is a good case in point.  It's got decent sniper stats but I just liked playing as sniper even if I was in a tank the entire round.  My overall stats don't signify if I am a good sniper or not.  Just how I do overall.

IMO I wish they had set up the awards system based off your specific kit weapons and not just being in the kit itself.  Gives a false impression if you have the Expert Sniper Badge (I haven't heard anyone brag about getting 35 Kills IAR with only their kit weapons).  It's too easy for people to be a sniper and then jump into a helo or APC to rack up kills.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6749|200m out and smiling at you.
well i can say i got all my kit combat badges with the primary weapons or the knife
That1GuyThatYouKilled
+0|6678|Bloomington Illinois 61074
On sharqi i lay on the crane.
Killing like McBain.
I see a man.
I shoot for the head but hit him in the can.
A car goes to the Hotel/Survaliens post.
I take 1 shot and then watch the waves hit the coast.(it sooths me and im less on eadge and shoot at Anything that moves.)
Now i hear a tank off in the distance.
I clearly just pissed my pants.
But wait a guy spawns on the 50 Cal on top.
I shoot him in the head as if he was a f*cking cop.
Sooner or later the enemy gets mad at me for being a good player.
It's only because i have been thier team slayer.
Then i get bored of waiting so I jump down.
So I can make more people frown.
Thanks to the patch i lay 1 claymore down.
Just to make one guy look at his screen and see The_water_boy82[Claymore]said person's name then frown.
So by this time in the battle the enemy has the City entrance, a good MEC team would.
So then i shoot them from the cover of a little wood(tree).
Death strikes me and on the MEC team they all cheer.
But once im back they will all again have to sneer.

That was my poem on my sniping on Sharqi Penninsula.
Basically I'll do my part so the team wins.
I ALLWAYS OBEY MY COMMANDER he has a better vantage point than i do so he must be correct.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6665

mantisboy sniper wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

Just glad that someone else called out kingkong777.  Thanks for the compliment.  I opened a second acount for the sniper class only.  I stay out of vehicles and stationary weapons.  It forces me to stick with my kit and see just how good I can get with it.  Unfortunately it's somewhat difficult to tell looking at players who is actually a good sniper.  My original account  30mantisboy is a good case in point.  It's got decent sniper stats but I just liked playing as sniper even if I was in a tank the entire round.  My overall stats don't signify if I am a good sniper or not.  Just how I do overall.

IMO I wish they had set up the awards system based off your specific kit weapons and not just being in the kit itself.  Gives a false impression if you have the Expert Sniper Badge (I haven't heard anyone brag about getting 35 Kills IAR with only their kit weapons).  It's too easy for people to be a sniper and then jump into a helo or APC to rack up kills.
I think all you need to do to tell how good a sniper someone is, is look at their accuracy and sniper rifle kill/deaths.
Nice accuracy btw, I keep hovering around the 50% mark myself.. haven't been playing as long as you though. I'm used to the sniper rifles out of Operation Flashpoint (you'll love this game, trust me).
Roomaster
+15|6674
i want to be a better sniper but how do i do that?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6714
I'm the kind of sniper that chooses the sniper class, and then gets into a helicopter and slaughters people with rockets. Much more efficient than that puny little rifle.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6665

Roomaster wrote:

i want to be a better sniper but how do i do that?
Practice and knowing your environment. The number of times i've seen snipers on the crane is just ridiculous, easy counter-snipe kill.

Avoid roof tops, cranes etc if there are any snipers on the other team because you will be killed in a very short amount of time. Try not to be greedy, for example say you find a position in kubra dam that looks over half the valley, great position and all but you're never really going to find anyone (and kill them) and any sniper worth his salt will know all the locations beginner snipers and the more pro ones will be (which is why you should relocate when you've gotten a decent amount of kills or you hear a bullet hitting nearby).

Avoid the tops of hills, places where there are lots of high grass and bushes are good locations with something behind you to break up your profile. A single bush is not a good place to snipe from. Darker areas are preferred since it'll mesh in with your camouflage.

I'm not saying rooftop areas are always 100% bad, but most of the time they are.. sometimes they can be used when your teammates are trying to cap a flag and you can act as a spotter telling them where the enemy are and capping yourself any opportune kills or kill assists.

Finally, patience.. you're going to be sitting in the prone position for long periods of time... accept that sometimes you won't be getting super high scores like you would in say a tank or plane.

The primary purpose of the sniper is to disrupt the enemy, if you can get them focused looking for you rather than trying to kill your team mates or capturing flags you've done your job.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6709|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
i play sniper like an assault i like o get close to the action (within 100) throwing claymores to protect em, throwing andes, and using pistol
CrazeD
+368|6686|Maine
Lately I've been hanging around spawns on hills/roof tops, bushes, etc and sniping as they take the flag, or as they respawn is it's theirs.
Kwalken
+1|6651
My praise goes to Evilmonkeyslayer for a good guide! It's so true!

What kind of a sniper I am.. well, it depends on a situation or a map.
However, mostly, as a sniper, I like to hide well somewhere and wait for a right moment. In this case, I sometimes got only few kills like less than 5 and few killing assistance points but I didn't mind it.
That's the way of a sniper, I believe.
Being bit away from the frontline but support my team as a sniper and a scout as well.

Since 1.2 patch, It's bit hard not to be killed by other snipers, supports or medics. So I've tried even harder to locate myself away from enemies as far as I can. Sometimes All I can see is the muzzle fire from an enemy or fuzzy silluette. Here is my chance to shoot him. Just like this. 

Or sometimes I shoot some enemies from their side. I sneak into their territory, hide well and shoot slowly. If I shoot too often, usually enemies find me eventually or get killed by artillery, eventually. In this case, I use some sounds to shoot. For example, if there is a tank, an APC, a heli, artillery drops, bomb dorps or a LMG firing, those sounds are greater than my shooting so it's relatively safe to shoot some enemies from their back. 

Someone said, "A good distance is your best friend, my friend."
I totally agree with this.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6658|Malibu
Counter Sniping.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard