Shifty
+3|6638|Maine
What does the Anti-Aliasing do in the video settings?

I know how effects on high and low makes a difference to your game play but I don't see what this Anti-Aliasing setting does and what the difference between having it on 2X or 6x???

Last edited by Shifty (2006-02-24 13:33:53)

elloco6666
+0|6725|steenhuffel, Belgium
well the higher your anti-aliasing is, the smoother your curves are displayed in the game
if you have low aa, than it could be that a curve is displayed as pixels lining each other up like a stairs.
sorry i found it hard to explain .

greetz
DECEPTION_POINT
Banned
+17|6667|newcastle , N.S.W , Australia
my computer sucks
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

Shifty wrote:

What does the Anti-Aliasing do in the video settings?

I know how effects on high and low makes a difference to your game play but I don't see what this Anti-Aliasing setting does and what the difference between having it on 2X or 6x???
Well first of all u need a good computer to have this one.. second AA makes sure that u have smooth lines so 2x makes then somewhat smoother and x6 is the smoothest your card can handle.. but AA usually ruins your gameplay when ur computer is average.. so not such a supaa computer.. I suggest u leave it off unless u got a real good system
joemah
+6|6743
you get the same result by playing at a higher resolution, as turning AA on with less of a perfomance hit.

For example, I used to play at 1024x768, if I turned AA 2x on it would make the game close to unplayable. Now i got a new monitor that can handle 1280x1024, so i play at that with no AA and it looks pretty much the same as 1024x768 w/ the AA turned on.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6599|Cheshire. UK

elloco6666 wrote:

well the higher your anti-aliasing is, the smoother your curves are displayed in the game
if you have low aa, than it could be that a curve is displayed as pixels lining each other up like a stairs.
sorry i found it hard to explain .

greetz
Well makes sense to me so must be a pretty good explanation!
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
like the other guys said if ur compy suck arse then don't even think about putting AA on by a new monitor (unless you don't want to) i think all the things on high it looks fine even wiht my tube monitor lol...i feel ashamed of my self...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard