ecko3389
Banned
+5|6650|so cal
so like i own bf2 right and i want to get sf but i look at it and is there much of a diffrence besides night vision? common people should i buy it?
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
i bought it but it doesnt work.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville
I recently installed it worked with the old patch. with 1.12 or what ever I had to reinstal it but after 5 hours of play I had wierd black out problems so I deleted special forces. I'm not going to install it again until patch 1.21 comes out
Akutenshi
The Rellik
+1|6691|Maryland USA
Well its really your decision. It does have some fun maps, and nice weapons you can unlock for BF2. F2000, SCAR-L, etc. So its really up to you. Its fun but its optional.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6767|Rotherham, England
special forces sucks balls. Its laggy, maps are unbalanced and imo vanilla bf2 is far better. If i was you i would wait for the euro forces booster pack and also the armored fury booster pack as they will build upon normal bf2, and they will only be about $12 where as special forces costs more than that.
Martijn_KMC
+0|6685|The Netherlands
You really have to buy it. I am also a common player and I really don't have a lot points. But Special Forces is really worth to buy it. The maps are cool (night maps aren't that cool beacause you have to switch to night vision all the time) the grapple hooks and ziplines give a whole new way to come on roofs and off them without using a para all the time. And the unlocks are also cool.
So I would say: BUY IT!!
MooseRyder
+37|6663|Montréal, Canada
for the new unlocks it worth it, the maps are fun, especially the night ones. tear gas grenades are awsome lol, zip line are great when ur stuck on a roof, and grappling hook are nice to go on a roof where there is no ladder to get on.

so yeah it worth it
millhous
+39|6645|OREEGONE, USA
IMO Special Forces is alot better than BF2.  Its more infantry based than BF2.  Hence thats why Strike of Karkand was so popular.  Anyone can chew up infantry in a heli or tank, but it takes real skill to kill mass amounts of people as just infantry. No jets in it as well.   Current patch makes the 3 night maps crash, but before the patch they worked just fine.  The maps are alot smaller.  Suited more towards infantry tactics instead of mindless armor/transport spamming.
Akutenshi
The Rellik
+1|6691|Maryland USA
Yeah the grappling hook is fun >.<; Unforuntately its only two kits which i would have liked all kits to at least have them. But the gasing is fun.
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6700|Sweden
I think its worth it, yes. The maps is much better than those in BF2. They are a little smaller than BF2 maps and are a little more consentraded on infantry battle. But as the maps are more detailed and better, it may require a better computer, than BF2. Iron Gator is laggy as hell, even if I play in 400*300...
DSRTurtle
+56|6693
If the 1.21 patch fixes all the video issues with Special Forces then yes it will be worth your time and money.  Otherwise it will be a waste.  I actually like it except for the video issues.  I hope they are fixed so I haven't wasted my money on it.
Chao2
+8|6723|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
I love it, the maps our very fun and i seem to enjoy myself more on them. It does seem to be hard to find servers with players in at times though
Chowley
+1|6694|Ireland
SF is great, its all i play now since The Great Chopper Arse Raping of 2006. I cant stand all the big maps since the patch so the 3 maps in bf2 that i will play :p arent enough. Its worth buying SF for Warlord alone if you like city maps and tbh all the others are fun too.
ROTOFOO
+2|6668
I think SF is worth it.  Ghost Town and Iron Gator are some of the better maps, and are my two favorite maps.  The other maps are great too, Mass Destruction, Surge, Leviathan, and Warlord.  If you like infantry battles SF is the way to go.  Its a good purchase.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653
just stick with what u have unless u feel an urge to try a new expaniosn, its ok the game it slef bf2 is better though, when u get it takes long time to log in at first when u load form the sf.
Dilbert2468
+6|6748|Australia
WARLORD is the best map. i would say its better then karkand
DTAC
+9|6748
I like Ghost Town as a Karkand replacement and Mass Destruction for sniper heaven!
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6681|Canada Eh?
I love SF, but the Night Vision isn't even close to a reason to buy it as the night maps suck, but Warlord and Ghost Town pwn! and Iron Gator is an interesting concept...plus, Grappling hooks and teargas baby!

Last edited by Vampira_NB (2006-02-24 21:21:36)

Chaos81
+5|6696

mjw wrote:

maps are unbalanced
Unbalanced? Out of the last 15 or so Warlord games I've played, not a single one of them has been decided by more then 15 tickets. If that's unbalanced to you, well, I don't know what to say.

To the OP. I would say buy it. I got it about 3 weeks after I bought BF2, and it's all I've played.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
The only reason to get it is the extra weapons, everything else blows donkey balls. https://donkey.sitewizard.biz/customers/104100112534375/images/DonkeyBallsMocha.gif
Peldri
+4|6684|Suomi Finland
Do i have to reinstall 1.2 patch if i buy Special Forces? btw is it so laggy and buggy like some people say?
Chowley
+1|6694|Ireland
No not for me, but then I find bf2 a buggy piece of shite of a game anyway
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6756|Mark it zero.
if you have a good computer, i say its worth it. i think its a ton of fun and i looooove the night maps
too bad my comp is a piece of shit though...
shyuechou
+5|6646|Singapore
In my opinion, Special Forces is superior to the plain Battlefield 2 and I would recommend it wholeheartedly.
DSRTurtle
+56|6693
It depends on your system as to how laggy it appears.  EA promised it would be fixed in 1.2 and they made it worse.  I'm waiting for 1.21 to try again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard