LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA
I noticed in a thread recently that quite a few players were claiming to be fairly good armor users, yet they only had KD ratios somewhere between 3 and 7. To me, these ratios don't seem that spectacular, especially considering the huge hit point advantage an armor driver has including immunity to small arms fire. A good armor driver should be able to stay alive for sustained periods of time, even under heavy fire where multiple targets are closing in on you.

I have a KD ratio over 11/1, which was actually 14/1 for quite some time until players finally caught on that you need to double or triple team as AT to take out an experienced tank driver. Anyway, I thought it'd be interesting to see the KD ratios of players who play armor a lot to get an idea of what an average KD ratio should be for an experienced armor driver. I know there has to be many players with much better armor KD than I have, but I also expect that there are many player who have played hundreds of hours in armor who have lower KD ratios.

I hope to get an idea for the average armor KD based on player response. This isn't going to be a scientifically accurate survey by any means but I thought it'd be interesting.

Here's my stats if you want to check them out:
http://bf2s.com/player/LG-MindBullets/
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
didnt read ur whole post but my KDR is 2. i mainly walk alot
chitlin
Banned
+36|6763
yeah im not the least bit impressed because a. you only play infantry maps and raping infanty with tanks is lame and b. your account started in aug which makes me think this is your 2nd "inflating my ratio by raping infantry with a tank" account

go play some pla maps and fight tanks choppers planes then come back talking shit
Dr_3V|L
+51|6725|Twente, The Netherlands

chitlin wrote:

yeah im not the least bit impressed because a. you only play infantry maps and raping infanty with tanks is lame and b. your account started in aug which makes me think this is your 2nd "inflating my ratio by raping infantry with a tank" account

go play some pla maps and fight tanks choppers planes then come back talking shit
Armor is part of the game. Even on Karkand and other city maps. Dice put them in the game for a reason. You may use them to lead your team to victory. The only thing that bothers me are the people that use the tank to spawn rape the alleyway spawnpoints.

As for my k/d ratio in armor, not that impressive, I think it's around 8.00. But still rising.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
  ... whoppee, especially when you just started.. Wait until you have 500 hrs under your belt.

Last edited by imdead (2006-02-24 01:25:15)

Rathji
+1|6683

imdead wrote:

... whoppee, especially when you just started.. Wait until you have 500 hrs under your belt.
Oh I was sure impressed. Especially since he first started out with a 2.85 KD ratio.  I started out with .36 or something like that. HE MUST BE GOOD!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
I started with .38 now it's -- I dont know, haven't looked -- last time I looked it was hovering around 3, but it took time and not too much skill I might add ( just camp at a spawnpoint at a safe distance away from the OPs/AT, yes smoke helps)
chitlin
Banned
+36|6763
my comment wasnt you use a tank in karkand my statement was you ONLY use a tank in karkand .. try it out in the Chinese maps or any vehicular maps and youll see its a much different story ...

Last edited by chitlin (2006-02-24 02:34:59)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Agrees with chitlin.

Nice stats there mindbullet, you seem like a decent player, BUT. Unless you have been in armor in 64 player plane maps, (BESIDES all city maps) you'll realize that its a LOT harder to stay alive. 70% of your time is spent on city maps. with less thn 10 hours in maps that have bombers. But i'll hand it to you. Very nice stats.

Try playing full rotation though.
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6637|Ede, Netherlands
i agree that the stats look Nice but i also agree with most others that you whore the tank in the easy tank-maps. When i look at your tank-stats compared with capture and capture-assist i come to the comclusion that you statpad. Start playing other maps with tank or play against a organised team and bye bye tank. No matter what you do.

it should also have gotten a lot harder with the new patch in Karkand
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6676

LG-MindBullets wrote:

I noticed in a thread recently that quite a few players were claiming to be fairly good armor users, yet they only had KD ratios somewhere between 3 and 7. To me, these ratios don't seem that spectacular, especially considering the huge hit point advantage an armor driver has including immunity to small arms fire. A good armor driver should be able to stay alive for sustained periods of time, even under heavy fire where multiple targets are closing in on you.

I have a KD ratio over 11/1, which was actually 14/1 for quite some time until players finally caught on that you need to double or triple team as AT to take out an experienced tank driver. Anyway, I thought it'd be interesting to see the KD ratios of players who play armor a lot to get an idea of what an average KD ratio should be for an experienced armor driver. I know there has to be many players with much better armor KD than I have, but I also expect that there are many player who have played hundreds of hours in armor who have lower KD ratios.

I hope to get an idea for the average armor KD based on player response. This isn't going to be a scientifically accurate survey by any means but I thought it'd be interesting.

Here's my stats if you want to check them out:
http://bf2s.com/player/LG-MindBullets/
yummie armour , nothing better then seeing those triangles while in my plane

I eat armour
ssonrats
+221|6645
I think that your k/d varies alot depending which map you use the armour, i play karkand a bit but my most played map is Wake island, i'd like to see you keep your 11/1 on Wake against the jets and choppers. Oh and my k/d is about 3.7 i think.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
Oh noes.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701
I agree with the other people who've mentioned playing on maps with air vehicles. Or, really, any map with more than 1 or 2 vehicles per side. Its very easy to roll around karkand and slaughter infantry left and right, but when theres always an aerial death machine 5 seconds away from bombing your ass to the stone age, keeping that ratio up is a little harder.

Sharqi is a little harder because of the choppers, but they have each other and the overlapping AA to contend with most of the time, and the buildings make nice cover.
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6700|Taiwan
check out Preseverance's stats, his armor KD is amazing, he was once in top ten but i think his stats is reset
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701
If I remember correctly perseverence was reset for hacking, so I don't think he deserves much respect.
Buffnuggles
+11|6732|The Hague, Netherlands
My KD ratio is 2.62 this moment with 11.676 kills and 4.457 deaths on armor for 197 hours.
I don't know if this is good, but I'm going for the Armor Combat medal and Expert Armor badge.

I'm a real tankwhore!!
see-pie
+1|6676|Denmark
wow nice...but your missing a few other basic badges
I couldnt agree more on the K/D ratio of 7 for a armor whore, especially on maps like karkand or sharqi, a really good tanker could have a K/D ratio of over 20, ive seen guys go 52-0 before, so its definately possible for the best tankers.

I myself am not a big tank user, im more of a jet/heli user.
killaer
+41|6718

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

tankwhores get no respect.
STFU you asshole.

Read. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=15221&p=1

Anyway...

The thing is, your KD ratio is so high because you go into a tank alot (Keep in mind this isnt complaining or bitching)

The reason my Tank k/d ratio is about 3, is because I go on foot alot. You're overlooking that. You are saying, "Why are K/D ratios so bad for these tank drivers?" Because, not everyone can stay in a tank for the whole game. Most of the time they go on foot, and get raped by other tanks too.
glopje_nl
+21|6670|HOLLAND
http://bf2s.com/player/.glopje_nl./ 7.55 a bit more than avrage i think
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6688|"The Empire"
Been a Tank whore on city maps is to easy, if thats what you like then fair play they are there to use, but no respect at all, killing 30+ every round and dying twice is fun but takes no skill, when you have good pilots bombing the shit out of you time after time on large maps, that takes skill to stay alive and keep a K/D ratio high.
glopje_nl
+21|6670|HOLLAND
i does take skills to be a good tankdrive dude like on karkank u get shot evry 3second by sraw or something and then u say it dont take skills to get much kills with a tank on a city map ur so Not right!

mazerali62 wrote:

Been a Tank whore on city maps is to easy, if thats what you like then fair play they are there to use, but no respect at all, killing 30+ every round and dying twice is fun but takes no skill, when you have good pilots bombing the shit out of you time after time on large maps, that takes skill to stay alive and keep a K/D ratio high.
Ya I love tanking on maps like dalian or daqing, very open, allows for sweeping fields of fire, lomg distance tank battles, useing trees as cover, ambushing enemy tanks, shoot a heli down out of the sky, thats what its all about...not sitting in 1 spot spawn killing on karkand in the alley way next to hotel flag >|

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard