predator14790
+0|6636
hi guys. iam new to battlefield franchise and i need help badly on a little problem<"WHY THE HELL CANT I PLAY ON ANY SERVER"? i have a 256 kbps broadband connection, 640 mb RAM, pentium 4, windows XP computer. when i selecet multiplayer in the screen, a list of 50 or so servers come up. now arise two problems. when i selecet a server, then try to joim it, either a message comes up"cannot connect, check your network connections, or if i do manage to join a game, after 5 seconds or so, a message comes up"there is a problem with your connection". what the hell is going on? iam going mad trying to fix this problem, please tell me what could be the problem.
mallosserman
+0|6654
I dont know what your problem is but i really would recommend at leadst 1 gig of ram to play BF2.

I assume you are limited in your connection by line quality??   , if you are not then up that as well.

If you eevr do get your BF2 sorted you are going to struggle withthat spec. You havnt mentioned your graphics card which is also going to be VERY important

Regards Mas   aka mallosserman

' Killing Field ' Servers
Gam Man
+5|6725
I am guessing you have AOL...

If you do its hopeless, AOL refuses connections to most gaming servers and blocks all but one of your ports.

If you dont, kill all of your background apps and see if that helps. (Ctrl+Alt+Del > Task Manager > Processes > sort by Owner > kill everything under your name)
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

i got that problem too, but i forget how to fix it.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6729|Peoria, Illinois
Sounds like a firewall issue. Are you running Norton Internet Security? That's a killer. If not, disable any firewall you have then attempt a connection to see if this is the problem. It's not your memory and it's not your vid card. It has to do with closed ports.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6729|Peoria, Illinois
Connection issues typically are caused by one or more ports being blocked by a firewall, router, or even your Internet Service Provider to help maintain security.  These ports are the doorways used to send and receive information between your computer and the server.  You must configure your router/firewall to have the game's ports open in order to connect to the servers properly.

The ports for Battlefield 2 are as follows:

UDP ports:

1500-4999
TCP ports:

You may also need to have your Internet Service Provider open these ports for you.  For help configuring a firewall or router you may need to refer to the manufacturer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard