gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6783|UK
Last night I jumped in the Cobra's gunner seat. and the pilot flew to the edge of the battlefield so that I was out of bounds but he wasn't.  A nice bit of flying which killed me whilst I was wondering what he was doing ( even if I had bailed I would have had a long swim back ).  He then flew back to base and I saw him picking someone else up as I respawned. ( Maybe a freind or maybe another victim I don't know ).

Annoying though - because I lost points for this and he got away un-punished.

I was wondering whether to post this or not, I don't want to start a new craze.

.....and for info pilots if I get in and you're waiting for a squad member to join up - a simple 'get out' is normally enough to get the message across to me - without resorting to elaborate TK schemes.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6809|Munich, Germany
wow thats a really tricky asshole

never happend and if someone says bail out i normally do it, and another tip if they dont bail at once just stay there whey will hop out eventually.

anyway soorry to hear that, hopefully it wont get a costum for smacktards.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6793|United Knigdom
EA needs to make it so that the Heli loses health, as well as the player, that might solve it?

But that was out of order what he did to you, I don't like people who constantly rely on the chopper and will resort to teamkilling if someone can't get in, the people from clans who use the blackhawk a lot are the worst. They'll shoot every none clan member out the chopper.
PawnEKG
I can get a degree in BF2...right?
+1|6777
I've never heard of that...Thats a great idea though...better keep this hush, hush..
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6784
Whenever I'm flying jet with a friend I ask them politely multiple times to please get out and make way for my friend. If this fails, i take off, loop and plant the jet into the runway - jumping out just before it crashes.

Hey, I was polite at first...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT
That is sneaky!  Wow.  Risky too.  "Get out" still works best, I agree with mort.
thinner44
+1|6780

gvp000 wrote:

a simple 'get out' is normally enough to get the message across to me - without resorting to elaborate TK schemes.
Agreed. We're not all in clans, so if you're out there and you do want your mate on board, a couple of 'bail out', 'get out' will do nicely.
That was some freaky going on though, planting you out in the 'no go' area, you have to admire the skill even if he was an ass.
If I'm driving, piloting....erm anything really and someone wants to join, jump right in... taking flags is easier that way and you don't have to spin around like an idiot watching out for the guys with the C4..... I'm watchin' you
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6783|UK
unfortunalty it's often the case that good pilots think they have the divine right to kill teammates in order to set things up the way they like.  It's not the first time I've seen it, but this was definitly the most cultured attack, and the most annoying because it cost ME points, gonna C4 the chopper before I get in next time.....just in case...lol
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6783|UK

Hyper_Dude wrote:

EA needs to make it so that the Heli loses health, as well as the player, that might solve it?
You're right but I think when you're in vehicles they should take damage instead of the player(s) - or the pilot should take damage - since he's the one drivng !
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT
Absolutely...what good is it if the players in the vehicle die and then you're left with an empty vehicle that no one can get to and use!  I guess they do respawn after awhile, but it seems to take so long! Good call gvp.
Sharken
+0|6783
I know how you feel gvp000, this thing is happening more and more often:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=15951#p15951
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF

gvp000 wrote:

unfortunalty it's often the case that good pilots think they have the divine right to kill teammates in order to set things up the way they like.  It's not the first time I've seen it, but this was definitly the most cultured attack, and the most annoying because it cost ME points, gonna C4 the chopper before I get in next time.....just in case...lol
A word of caution about C4ing the chopper, if your pilot turns out to be a normal player and you crash or get taken out, the C4 will go off, potentially TKing your mate!

This is a nasty exploit though.. the stuff people come up with..
rofo
+0|6806|Austria, Europe
most annoying behaviour i came up with was a guy tk @ operation cleansweep

there were about 6 (!) guys waiting for the F15 at the usmc base
so every1 stand still and pulled the E trigger as fast as they could
when the guy came up @ full speed down the airstrip with a buggy and bailed out just before the car rolled over every1...

so it wasnt a tk just a [nickname] is no more.

just as a side note....when you are in a battle for a vehicle with some1...dont press the e key as fast as you can...just hold it down...

Last edited by rofo (2005-09-21 03:52:37)

Sharken
+0|6783
The Jeep exploit could be stopped by pretending that you were still in it, even though you just excited the jeep. This would last a few seconds or until another person got into the jeep.
Making the jeep stop as soon as you get out is not an option i think.

Sadly all these fixes will hurt the serverperformance, so its a tradeoff between fixes and serverperformance.

If you want to report these exploits i recommend using the Support page on EA.com, and hope that EA will consider fixing the exploit.

rofo wrote:

just as a side note....when you are in a battle for a vehicle with some1...dont press the e key as fast as you can...just hold it down...
Nice tip
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6783|UK
If you were holding e you should have got in the jeep - not got run over ???

By the way - just read the other thread ( linked above ) and it was the same guy who did me, on the EA UK servers. - Probably be alot more now we've posted it tho.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

Sharken wrote:

The Jeep exploit could be stopped by pretending that you were still in it, even though you just excited the jeep. This would last a few seconds or until another person got into the jeep.
Making the jeep stop as soon as you get out is not an option i think.
That might work. Though I often use jeeps/FAV to clear a path through enemy and also friendly mines. I go full speed at them and then bail out letting the jeep roll into the mines and explode. Instant path through mines for Tank or APC or whomever. Of course I only do this when I'm not an Engineer. Of course if you add that timer to the exit function this means you can do the same tactic against the enemy and get kills for it. After all it's only fair.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Guruz
Sir
+20|6809|government yard in trenchtown.
I've many times pissed off my teammates when I don't hop out when they say.
They don't seem to understand that I would rather wait till there's ground or perhaps a CP under the heli so I can jump onto something more interesting than the ocean.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6809|Munich, Germany
i was once playin in a squad and they were friends but i was in the gunner seat of the chopper but the other guy wanted to fly with him. so i told him to drop me at the jet and then we dominated the airspace

what wonders me is that some ppl are just unwilling to talk to the others in any way, instead they tk, jeep exploit and now out-of-bounce you only cause of their lack of communication skills
rofo
+0|6806|Austria, Europe

Sharken wrote:

If you want to report these exploits i recommend using the Support page on EA.com, and hope that EA will consider fixing the exploit.
no thanks, i've been in contact over 1 month to get a competent answer about my times glitch from ea, i'll probably never contact them again as far its not absolutely necessary...

gvp000 wrote:

If you were holding e you should have got in the jeep - not got run over ???
did i say that i was waiting for it?
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6818
thats kinda bs what they are doing.  The sad thing is I have had people do that stuff to me, meanwhile I am an awesome gunner.  Not so good in the american chopper, I don't quite have a feel for the machine gun hitting ground targets yet.  I am getting better.  But im rather good with the guided missle, I rarely over heat with the gun and yet I barely ever stop shooting.  I get annoyed when a guy yells get out, and they are like 1-10 and the gunner is like 7-10.  Whenever my friend and I go out I usually score at least 100 points per map.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Wow. Good tactic. Not to sound like an ass, but I plan on using this.

I can understand how it'd be incredibly rude to kill the gunner with nor warning, but god damnit, if I tell you to "Bail Out" it's because I'm playing with Voodoo or Afro and they *are* a better gunner than your sorry ass.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6764|South Cybertown, Texas
I have found some people will just don't get the hint "BAIL-OUT"!

Dilly, you might be a great gunner, but who knows this? If a  player were to join my Squad and type back to me saying they can handle the job, I would give that person a chance. Maybe better communications would help solve this issue?

I like flying both types of heli's and Bombers, but if you don't have someone (s) that know how to use the rockets/guns/wrenches,ect., your UCKED! Plus having a clanmate who your talking to via Ventrio help give heads up as well.

I have a number of clanmates that I like gunning for me (and visa/versa) and as a well oiled team, we do very well. If another player jumps in and is asked nicely to remove him/herself for the heli, what more can you do.

I like the Out of Bounds idea!

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2005-09-21 07:46:11)

Sharken
+0|6783
I understand ppl who are in a good chopperteam and therefore want to keep flying the chopper for the whole round.
BUT there are other competent players on the server, who are just as good (or better) as you are, so reserving the chopper for the whole round is not going to happen. For me this tactic is BS, using it is extremely rude and you will get the wrath of the player you do it to upon you, and frankly thats not in the teams interest.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6764|South Cybertown, Texas
I some what agree with what your saying Sharken, it would be nice if people were a little more grown up about taking turns, but I think thats a little more than we can hope for.

The way I see it is everyone that wants a chance to fly should have a chance. If you are the one that gets to a plane first at the begaining of a map, you fly, right? When you crash and someone is there waiting for the next plane to spawn, do you act like an asshats and A. Line up hoping to catch the next spawn or B. Do you uckoff to do someting else?

I have seen the same no-flying AH steal a plane out from under a person time in time out only to crash it min's after take-off. In my opinon this person should find an empty server to practice on and leave the flying to those who can keep it in the air for at least 1/4 of a map!

I have a freind who loves to play and could care less about stats, ribbons, ect. and has gotten so tired of people hogging up plane and helo's, he has resorted to placing a stick or two of C4 on the chassis or just plain shooting the guys in the face.
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6783|UK

chuyskywalker wrote:

Wow. Good tactic. Not to sound like an ass, but I plan on using this.

I can understand how it'd be incredibly rude to kill the gunner with nor warning, but god damnit, if I tell you to "Bail Out" it's because I'm playing with Voodoo or Afro and they *are* a better gunner than your sorry ass.
Hey - I didn't say I wouldn't use it - I just didn't like it happening to me !

If after a few carefully placed 'get out''s don't do the job, then zooming your mini map right in really helps find the border of out-of-bounds...............probably.............hey I wouldn't know I'm not that kind of person.

My take on the matter is this  : On clan servers this is fair game - if you're on a Public then play nice, everyone's there to have a laugh ;  fly with someone else for a change and don't take it so seriously !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard