Junior_Mud
+1|6674|Concord, CA
I use VoIP Everytime I'm a commander ( I apply every round ). only some of the time do I get squad leaders to 'acknoledge' me and somewhat do what I say or move if I tell them that they are about to be run over by the other army, or Arty is comming down on their heads. and only ONCE have I EVER had a leader use VoIP back with me. ( We owned that round, legal ghosting I guess )

So my complaint is... are there any VoIP ONLY servers where you have to be hooked up? how elite would it be to have all the leaders in comunication with the commander, and all the memebers in voice with the leader? there would be so much control and order. your army would be unstoppable.

any advice? help? whatever? ;-)

thx
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6752|Houston, TX
I just recently purchased a new headset with voip capabilities.  On every game I play, the first thing I try to do is join a squad, and open communications with others.  I've had limited success with this.  When I get responses the game usually goes better, with people working together and letting each other know whats going on.  Sometimes people just ignore the mic checks and don't even bother to comma rose the "negative" whe I ask if anyone out there is Voip as well.  Frustrating but I don't stop trying.  The games where people talk are usually much better.

KJ
Junior_Mud
+1|6674|Concord, CA
agreed, I never used it untill I had a commander who talked through the whole game, calling arty, answering supply drops, calling baddies via the scan, it was great. Now thats what I do. but just like you Kung Jew. Its VERY limited success. I'd say 1-10 times do I get a response(com.rose/voip) for mic checks if they can hear me or if they have one.

How do we get more ppl on this bandwagon? I think its a valuable asset the people don't use enough!!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6752|Houston, TX
Try Xfire and teamspeak.  I've yet to use Xfire (signed up just no friends).  But from what I understand, a pre-formed squad all on Xfire is pretty good.  I've heard nothing but positive feedback from clans and squads of close friends who use it.

KJ
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6703|NJ
I try to use it, But I'm usually on line with my friends on Teamspeak, and when using both the teamspeak totally overpowers the VOIP.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6716|Charlie One Alpha
I use VOIP sometimes, but not always. When I VOIP, and my squadmates do so too, I experience the best games. One of my games my entire squad was hooked over VOIP and we were kicking ass. At one point i was in the gun of a humvee and my squadmate was driving, and we went chopper hunting, this was before patch 1.2, so the choppers were still hard to kill. I gave him instructions on where the choppers where and where to go, and he did it. It worked like a charm. After a while the choppers came after us, but since I kept telling my driver from what side they were coming we managed to stay outside their field of fire/ directly underneath them and we kept shooting 'em down. Nothing beats yelling "KEEP GOING BACKWARDS.... NO STOP FORWARD... YEAH KEEP GOING... *BOOM* okay we got em, nice driving!"
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Chaos81
+5|6696
If I wasn't 90% deaf, I would use some sort of voice. But it's next to impossible for me to understand what someone else is saying to me with all the other sounds going on.

It is nice when others in my squad are using it, and they all work together. I can normally help them out by catching parts of it.
G.H.O.5.T.
+1|6690
the comander ......yes personaly its only good for clanwars i think
i alsaw wont some more comunacation on voip but look this if you join a server (some) have somthing standing like this

------>feel free to join ore TS on and then some numbers of a TS 2 server try here for good game play
(ore join a clan allways fun)
Buzerk1
+44|6844
I don't...even deactivated it, less lag. For me it's xfire or Teamspeak.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

VoIP is cool. I use it alot, create a squad called Mics Only... Works a charm, as for getting more squad leaders to speak to you, only help the squad leader who does and ignore the rest (the will soon work it out).

Best game I ever had was when my entire team was using VoIP and that commander, he was playing an RTS... thats the way he acted anyways...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
S4INT05
+1|6737|79605, TX
I do.
mporlier
+42|6647|Montreal, Canada
I would use it more but my wife tells me I shout! I usualy play when my kids are asleep. BTW I love a commander who talks a lot. They keep us informed.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6813|The planet Tophet

Chaos81 wrote:

If I wasn't 90% deaf, I would use some sort of voice. But it's next to impossible for me to understand what someone else is saying to me with all the other sounds going on.

It is nice when others in my squad are using it, and they all work together. I can normally help them out by catching parts of it.
oh man im sorry  about your ears ! anyway i try to use it but i hardly get an answer but i use it anyway sometimes the respond so im like YEAH 
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
I dont think there are VOIP only servers on bf2, so I dont think most people use it.  But if you do want to use VOIP just find a server with it.  My clan is required to get a microphone to use, drop by to our server sometime and use Voip with us.  IP: 70.84.212.117  Normal port.
Junior_Mud
+1|6674|Concord, CA
I would love to joina clan, but I'm a part time-weekend warrior. Kids/wife/job(s) you know... so I couldn't commit to game time or clan wars. Would love to but..... sux

Any Ideas on how to encourage more ppl to use it? its cheap(headset) and free(useage). why would ppl NOT want to use it? Its such a great tool!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6752|Houston, TX
I just bought the Turtle Beach X-51 headset. (@ $49.99 American)  It's getting the job done.  5.1 stereo, 3 directional speakers in each earpiece, with a muted "sub" over the back of the three original speakers.  It comes with 5.1 jacks for the back of your cpu and doesn't require a seperate power source.  It has pretty keen 3d sound due to the directional speakers. (good enough to catch that spec ops guy sneaking up behind me - footsteps talk buddy)  I reckon that the $100 sets might provide a better fit or better sound, but I seem to be pretty happy with these.

The only downside to the Turtle Beach is long time wear.  The hinges allow for fitting even the biggest pumpkin head, but yet when I sat down to a 15 hour "Empire at War "session, I developed a headache from the headset applying too much pressure on my left ear lobe.  Not a bad one, but I could imagine it escalating after a week of all-niter gaming.

Hope it helps.

KJ

"This is the BEST headset I've ever laid eyes on."
macca2001
+1|6645
I use it a lot.  It really changes the game when you are in a squad, with the leader talking and actually telling you the plan, people seem to play more in a team when every one is talking together.
BananaHammock
+-1|6655|S.F. Bay Area
When I play, my buddies and I all get on a TS public server.  Screw the VOIP.  It's amazing what a squad can do when they can talk without lag.  Once you've sat in the gunners hatch on a humvee and had 2 others calling out targets and you're untouchable, you'll hate playing any other way.  It's the only way to go!
leTus
+-1|6696
I use it too all the time, I don't only if there is no one else in my squad using it. I used team speak with other games but unless you are playing in a private server or only with your friends team speak or XFire don't really work in BF because of the team switch and stuff.
aib73412
+0|6737|im from idaho but liven in MD
i use voip all the time especially while in the chopper because i may and do see things that my fellow pilot slash gunner may not see. i can talk to my squad if we are all actually going around and taking flags i can see things they cant as well as them. those that dont i say its foolish but if you dont take the game serious or just having fun then dont but it makes it easier to communicate with others.  i will only play on servers that have voip activated if not then i dont play. I also like to use it to meet new people.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6655|Under the River

Junior_Mud wrote:

I would love to joina clan, but I'm a part time-weekend warrior. Kids/wife/job(s) you know... so I couldn't commit to game time or clan wars. Would love to but..... sux

Any Ideas on how to encourage more ppl to use it? its cheap(headset) and free(useage). why would ppl NOT want to use it? Its such a great tool!
Hey perfect =TFS= is perfect we are just now recruiting and we love to have fun in our games. Email Nexus at [email protected] or join us at 216.246.9.16 we have VoIP and I have a headset.
leTus
+-1|6696
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN how many players your clan is looking for, me and my buddy were looking for a clan to join.
maddogjj
+3|6839|U S A
I use it all the time and also run TS while playing on our clans server.   Lag is no problem for me running both .  I like to command and love it when my SL's have a mic.   But if they dont I still talk to them because surely they can all at least hear right? lol.   I try not to be too chatty , just giving updates and instructions as needed.   I personally think a Mic should be mandatory for commander.

When not commanding I usually set up a VOIP ONLY /MICS ONLY squad.  If anyone joins without either they are instantly kicked from the squad.  The squad is much more effective when communicating.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard