GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6759

Hey guys, so I was playing on Moders 24/7 wake server today with my 3 clanmates (We are the 8====D clan) (Moders was one of my favorite servers actually). Anyway, an admin was on and he was pretty good at kicking people for being smacktards so at the beginning of the round, we all spawned and me and my 3 clanmates rushed to the plane.

So this time around, the admin (Can't remember his name) beat us all to the plane so I quickly told everyone to not be gay and TK him because we'd get kicked or something. So as it is taking off, I shoot a couple pistol rounds at the underbody of the plane for no real reason and we all watch some turdnugget drive onto the airfield with a car and he manages to hit the plane like 2 seconds later and explodes it. But hey, guess what, I GET THE TK FOR IT. So I immediatelly type "WOW, wtf was that, i shot at the plane with the pistol and I got the TK" but for some reason (I can understand, it did seem like I tked him) the admin gets really pissed off at me and tells us that he is gonna ban each one of us in the clan for being retards.

I kept typing telling him that I didn't tk him, and that I wasn't the one in the car, but he was unwilling to believe me, or more like I don't think he gave a fuck. I tried to explain how the game registers the last person to shoot you as the one that killed you, so this was why I got called for the tk. I tried to tell him that there was no way I'd be typing immediatelly after had I been in that car since I would be dead. Now, I figured, maybe it did seem like I tked him so if he kicks me, then so be it. But LEAVE MY FRIENDS OUT OF IT!

Nothing happened for a bit, except him telling me that tking for planes is bad and shit and that we're gone. So a plane finally appears again and I let him run for it since he's already pissed off at us, but just as he's getting in one of my clanmates gets banned. This really pissed me off, particularly since he didn't ban me first, as he thought I had tked him for the plane. I thought for a microsecond of what to do but it was obvious we'd be kicked very soon for no reason so I proned, aimed my M95 at the cockpit window, and took a semicrazy shot which miraculously killed him. I then proceeded to call him a faggot and just took the plane, happily waiting for my ban. It came very soon after that with explanation "Don't tk, especially admins" (or something like that).

I was happy with the results, because I finally earned my ban. I happily left the server knowing that I had been an ass to the admin, and not just kicked for some other person's desire to destroy the plane with a car. I wish the admin had been more understanding about the situation, but I will not have my friends be punished because some admin does not understand how BF2 fucks up tk registering. So in conclusion:
-Don't shoot random shots at the vehicles because if they die within even like 5 seconds, you will be charged with a tk.
-Don't ban a whole clan because of some misunderstood situation please.
-Stop reading my long ass posts and go play BF2!

Oh yea, on a sidenote, no hard feelings with the Moders, I am now banned for a damn good reason. However it would've been nice to not have my friends get banned...

Last edited by GotMex? (2006-02-23 02:39:07)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
Man, that's harsh...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6769|California, US
i use to play on moders wake alot too. until admin Zerohour was complaining about me being in the jet and calling me a jet whore and just kept caring on. then i told him to cry about it and about a minute after that i look up in the top left and see [admin: Zerohour: Cry about this...] and then BAM!! i got banned. i think it was a day ban or something
but after that i wont play on moders anymore with their admins. he just going on just trying to get me to say something and when i did (which wasnt even bad) i got banned.
khmer
+86|6674|Central California
Yah I notice that with this current patch if you shoot at plane or chopper before it crashes you get the kill. Done that several times already, see a chopper pass by I take one shot with the pistol. As I'm capturing a flag a min later I get credited with a kill. I'm like what the hell is going on?
trucman
+0|6643
I was flying, and shoot at the ennemy chopper, but a friendly chopper was near, and took a missile. He could still fly, it was just one missile after all. The problem is, an ennemy plane came right after this and destroyed it. What happen next ? All these sob punish me...
I helped them destroying the ennmy chopper and they punish me...
life goes on.
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6831|Sheffield, UK
moral of the story: don't shoot admins.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6733

Moral of the story; Admins that abuse their power should have a permanent ban from any ranked battlefield 2 server. Too many admins are missusing their powers.

A good admin should be open for an argument, and should stay polite to the people on his server. After all, being an amdin of an empty server isn't exactly a great job.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

A good fix would be if people could see WHAT they were TKed with, not just [killed] all the time. That way, if you're in a tank and get 'TKed' by a guy with an MR-444, you'll know not to be an ass, and therefore not punish.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-23 04:20:31)

gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6719|England
Admins are getting worser and more abusive by the day they just think they own the game because they have powers over a server. Most likely these admins are young kids with an attitude towards people in there server. I have had somewhat a similar incident where i got kicked/banned because of what my team mate had done or shall i say didnt do and i was the 1st to be kicked. EA should keep there eyes on these admins such as getting a player or someone who will test these servers by going in and playing. Then maybe we wouldnt have such gay little admins.
Inquatitis
+1|6635
yea, gotta love admins like that.
the day before yesterday i was playing on the Special Forces map Iron Gator.
im sure most of you know the map.
i was USMC(for a change) and i decided to hop into the AA gun by the viewing Deck.
i took down 3 transport choppers and their attack helo constantly.
my mistake was not noticing that the admins were in the attack chopper over and over again.
i get a message stating i am AA whoring with the USS Essex AA emplacement and get warned to leave the location.
well to this i said nothing but "Yea, how bout you fly lower and further out so i cant target you."

im guessing this hit the wrong spot with them and seconds later i was banned.
there went my kill streak but you know what, fukk them.
gameplay like this is not tolerated so we have their server boycotted.
Inquatitis
+1|6635

gazzie wrote:

Admins are getting worser and more abusive by the day they just think they own the game because they have powers over a server. Most likely these admins are young kids with an attitude towards people in there server. I have had somewhat a similar incident where i got kicked/banned because of what my team mate had done or shall i say didnt do and i was the 1st to be kicked. EA should keep there eyes on these admins such as getting a player or someone who will test these servers by going in and playing. Then maybe we wouldnt have such gay little admins.
meh, i agree, they should go out and look at what the admins are doing, but there are a lot of ranked servers out there, with scores of admins.
my clan and the clan we co-host a 64 man server with restrict our admin to players over the age of 18(considerring the average age for both clans are in the mid 20's).
now i know we cannot expect everyone to do this, but it would solve some of the admin abuse problems.
Seaneroo
+12|6654
You deserved to get banned, Gotmex.
Inquatitis
+1|6635

Seaneroo wrote:

You deserved to get banned, Gotmex.
just like he admitted.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6697|England, UK
The spray of bullets hitting the attack heli whilst taking off from your teams base. Noobish, childish and mardy!
GEt_SOME_MF
+-2|6663|Netherlands
Admin abuse happens so often. The whole point system screws with people's heads I guess. They are soo afraid to lose....sad. Either try and get better or play unranked if you can't handle it. Also Because of the point system people will use EVERYTHING to take you out so to speak, even lame methods like kicking and banning for no reason. It happened to me two days ago (again) when I was doing well in a round, kicking some butt. Suddenly the game freezes...and I know it: banned for tk-ing/swearing blablabla which I never did the entire round.
I don't think EA can do a lot about this because there are so many servers and how can they possibly monitor everything that happens on a server in a round? The point/stat system is a nice idea, but EA didn't take into account (and how can you blame them really) how sad some people are in a competitive environment.
ashleyhall
+15|6679|Somerset
Surely GotMex you're the idiot here for...

1. Shooting at a teammates plane, whether he beat you or not, grow up...!
2. Sitting and wasting time at the airfield when you SHOULD infact be productive and capture some flags/kill the enemy?

Frankly, I hate people like yourself, more interested in queuing and camping at the base than getting out there and actually fighting the battle.

I hope that you're not ever playing on our server, let alone our team...
SierraKilo9
+0|6743|Sydney
Sound like admin was a 12 yr old whiner - fuck 'em man - Rock'N'Roll!!!!!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Seaneroo, no idea how you came to that opinion... I play on Internode servers alot, never really see any admins online... J()ker hangs around for a bit, but he admins... He does NOT play the game while adminning...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SpiritofDeath
+0|6701|Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

A good fix would be if people could see WHAT they were TKed with, not just [killed] all the time. That way, if you're in a tank and get 'TKed' by a guy with an MR-444, you'll know not to be an ass, and therefore not punish.
You can change that in the .utxt file
Punkbuster has no problem with it
I changed mine too.

SpiritofDeath[Teamkills-Ak101]Teammember

You even can change the killed/killed by/team damage messages.

Google for it,it really helps.
Inquatitis
+1|6635
isnt modifying files something that is not allowed in the EULA from EA?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

One word SpiritOfDeath... How?

I'm a tech/coding noob... Only know how to play games and I cant do that well either...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6735

ProfLiebstrom wrote:

moral of the story: don't shoot admins.
Moral of story: dont shoot planes, even with a pistol
Dogma554
+0|6680
Cry, cry, cry , moan and bitch....

I banned you and you were being a punk, I saw everything that you and your peins clan were doing. Your right you did earn your ban this time and were glad that your gone. Im not even going to get into this further you could have come to our fourms and posted your complaints, but I think that you just like being an Internet Cowboy, trying to be tough on here.....so I will just let it be.

We at Moders want to have good games and relax, our servers and admins are known for being laid back less quick to kick/ban, but when you get some penis prefix children in the server being disruptive well sometimes we have to take more serious action. Im glad that your happy that you got banned, hell I am more than happy to ban you for what you and the other penis prefix boy did. Word to the wise DON'T ram planes with jeeps and you won't get banned.

Last edited by Dogma554 (2006-02-23 06:55:13)

cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6705

SpiritofDeath wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You can change that in the .utxt file
Punkbuster has no problem with it
I changed mine too.

SpiritofDeath[Teamkills-Ak101]Teammember

You even can change the killed/killed by/team damage messages.

Google for it,it really helps.
The game needs that as the default.  You can't expect all the 12yr old admin to mode there files (let alone everybody else with a twitch page down finger).

My one ban and a couple of my kicks were when I was doing well with no TKs.  Looking back I was probably doing well because all the better players had been kicked before they got to me.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-02-23 06:38:55)

Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6649|Norway

ashleyhall wrote:

Surely GotMex you're the idiot here for...

1. Shooting at a teammates plane, whether he beat you or not, grow up...!
2. Sitting and wasting time at the airfield when you SHOULD infact be productive and capture some flags/kill the enemy?

Frankly, I hate people like yourself, more interested in queuing and camping at the base than getting out there and actually fighting the battle.
Couldn't agree more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard