BF2Craglyeye
+72|6673|Australia
Just thinking about this today. For the record i like the new patch, but i always like to think inside the box.

A specific class to take out Air Vehicles.
-Knife
-Pistol
-Soulder mounted surface to air missile(a highly effective one)
-A weak sort of weapon for some infantry fights (ie AT class)
-Wrench (with only the ability to rebuild/reapair AA vehicles and IGLAs etc)

Then maybe they need not have worried about strengthening the AA and weakening hitpoints.

A few of those guys running around would certainly keep rapers at bay, when they are also constantly taking out AA emplacements.

Thoughts/Additons???????

Is there another class you could think of that would be close to effective in the game.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-02-22 23:17:34)

ilyandor
+31|6688|Phoenix, AZ
Scout class!

- knife
- silenced pistol
- big zoom binoculars
- NO MAIN WEAPON
- ability to run reeeeeealllllly FAST
- ability to capture control points 2X faster
Defiance
+438|6671

No.
NO LIFE NITRO
Banned
+0|6640|Sydney, Aus
did you no that the stinger is actually meant to be a 1 tubed shoulder mounted missile laucher unlike the 2 tubed oe in the game thats stuck in the ground, but yeh id like that since the IGLA/stingers are 10 times more accurate than before
MrPredictable
+14|6686
just give the at class the ability to have a choice between what kind of rockets they carry. ala bf vietnam. then there would be no new class just some mobile AA rather than AT.
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
i think  they shoudlnt have it now since the aa is really powerful
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
that chick got a big booty ilyandor lol
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I repeat, the AA isn't 'more powerful', it is more accurate. I say this because the missiles themselves have been weakned - it takes three missiles to take out a plane, where it used to take only two.

In Desert Combat there were Stingers you could get, I think with AT class. They were awful fun to play with. Yeah, sure I vote for making an AA class, but only if their primary weapon is a machine pistol or something, you know those things no bigger than a Glock but wth extended clips that fire really fast - that dip-weed in Terminator 3 had one. Not Arnie, the other one; John Connor.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ilyandor
+31|6688|Phoenix, AZ

blademaster wrote:

that chick got a big booty ilyandor lol
we like big booty.....mmmmmmm.....booty  (drool)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Wow, me and ilyandor posted at exactly the same time! Seriously, look at the post times. I must have beaten you by a few split seconds.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ilyandor
+31|6688|Phoenix, AZ
Seriously...i only thought of this now, since the question been raised about a NEW CLASS...
Scout class!

- knife
- silenced pistol
- big zoom binoculars 50X
- NO MAIN WEAPON
- ability to run 2X faster
- ability to capture control points 2X faster
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Insane jagged-angle missiles from 1.2's mobile AA, AA emplacements, and (the more-manly-than-missiles) mounted machine guns are more than enough to keep aircraft at bay. Not to mention that choppers are insanely easy to hit with the laser guided AT kit...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

NO LIFE NITRO wrote:

did you no that the stinger is actually meant to be a 1 tubed shoulder mounted missile laucher unlike the 2 tubed oe in the game thats stuck in the ground, but yeh id like that since the IGLA/stingers are 10 times more accurate than before
Well seeing your history, it didn't matter anyway, because you saw the planes coming long before they saw you .

@Ilyandor

Scout Class

- knife
- silenced pistol
- laser pointer for accurate airstriking
- ability to run 1.5X faster
- ability to capture control points 1.5x faster
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Bernadictus wrote:

Scout Class

- knife
- silenced pistol
Intriguing. Let me offer a rebuild:

Scout class

- no armor
- knife
- silenced pistol
- Springfield M1A, no scope, 20-round magazine
- UNLOCK 1: Springfield SOCOM II, scope, 20 round magazine
- UNLOCK 2: dunno. open for discussion?
- no-scope semi-auto rifle
- togglable normal/thermal binocs with three levels of zoom (usable with the mousewheel)
- laser target designator (helping bomber copilots get a quicker lock and from longer range, and marking the map with a visible target for other pilots)
- convincing deployable camo netting (giving them a reason to act as spotters for snipers)
- 1.2x speed
- 1.5x endurance
- no flag capture boosts, as I wouldn't expect scouts to be zipping into an enemy flag zone. that's a job for specops

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-23 01:27:44)

ilyandor
+31|6688|Phoenix, AZ

ilyandor wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Scout Class

- knife
- silenced pistol
Intriguing. Let me offer a rebuild:

Scout class

ILYANDOR EDIT

- no armor
- knife
- silenced pistol
- UNLOCK 2: GPS laptop - same as commander satellite view but unable to command, only see.
- no-scope semi-auto rifle <<< DELETE
- togglable normal/thermal binocs with three levels of zoom (usable with the mousewheel)
- laser target designator (helping bomber copilots get a quicker lock and from longer range, and marking the map with a visible target for other pilots)
- convincing deployable camo netting (giving them a reason to act as spotters for snipers)
- 1.2x speed
- 1.5x endurance
- no flag capture boosts, as I wouldn't expect scouts to be zipping into an enemy flag zone. that's a job for specops
d3x74
+14|6647|NY

Defiance wrote:

No.
What he said.

The last thing I need is more crazy AA coming out of nowhere and nipping my metal exhaust.

Sniper = scout class with the ability to kick ass.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
Just add an unlock for the AT class-- shoulder mounted stingers.   As for a Stinger class, no.  Too many of them and too many privates could just pick one up.  No, I think the only way it would work is to make it a 3rd unlock for the AT.
Inquatitis
+1|6638
yea, i agree, make it a third unlock for the AT class or maybe engineers.
the Scout class does sound nice, i mean id love a spotter for when im sniping, but how about just giving binoculars to snipers instead?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

- no armor
- knife
- silenced pistol
- UNLOCK 2: Crossbow
- 1.2x speed
- 1.5x endurance
Amen!

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-02-23 04:33:35)

Grumpage
+0|6638
I like the sound of the new classes, but are they too similar to the existing ones?

The AA class could be just the AT class with a Stinger (or equivilent) instead if the SRAW and the scout is the Spec-ops with the C4 swapped out for a laser designator.

I don't believe that any class should cap a flag faster. The flag is meant to represent a key objective that needs to be held, a scout skipping from flag to flag doesn't support that.

I do like the idea of Scout/Sniper squads. The scout could get a kill assist for spotting a target thats taken out by a squad member
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
I do like the idea of the Anti Tank class being given another unlock which can take out aircraft and heli's. that way there would not be loads of them around causing pilots hell.

This would also make people think about which unlock they would like to select on different maps. obviously some maps, most people would take the AT class with Anti Tank rockets, then other maps the AA.

shoulnt be too hard to implement into the code of the game either as we have seen many new unlocks with different abilities.
RDMC_old
+0|6736|Almere, Holland
Rather give the AT and option on maps with Choppers and Planes.. so he could day ok I will take the AA missle now and then later he takes his AT again..
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6720
Ok, now cool as the idea is, just think about this.

- Wake Island
- A class of infantry that can lock onto aircraft and helicopters

The USA would never, ever win.

With the whole scout class thing, I'd had similar thoughts, but along different lines. What I would like:

Spec Ops Kit
- camo similar to sniper
- same weapons as at present, but, give g36c a red-dot scope like the rest (it's a picatinny rail so it's certainly possible)
- in the same way that the player picks unlocks by toggling between them, the player toggles between C4 and Laser Designator

Ingame:

- the player finds a hidden spot and changes to laser designator, which is like a telescope w trigger, aims it at a fixed spot and deploys it, and it's then next to him (like the mortars in desert combat or the ziplines in SF) aiming where he aimed it.
- any jet pilot in the air will see this as a special illuminated target
- jets will use realistic pave penny / paveway laser target acquisition instead of primitive 'dumb' bombs. this is incentive for teamwork because the laser guided bomb will still act like a 'dumb' bomb if the jet pilot doesnt bomb the designated area
- the skybox will be much bigger so that jets can fly at realistic heights instead of bombing from ground level

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard