Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6633|Puerto Rico
***I did not make a poll since its your opinion***

This has been a topic that has haunted many for a long time. Just tell us, Who do you think will be the enemy in WW3? Remmember that there will be multiple enemies, after all, its a world war. I would like to read the opinion of a US Military Officer and/or Enlisted. There military learnings and experience on combat and history would be something really interesting to read. Also remmember to write WHY do you think (your choice) will be the enemy.

I think that WW3, if it happens, will be between US, North and South Korea, China,and maybe Japan. Ever since North Korea started their Nuclear Weapons Program, I have thought that it woulb bring some problems. US never liked the idea of a country ruled by a fearless communist having nukes at the palm of his hands, a communist know for his hattred towards US and allies. And now, the bastard is selling them in the black market at the price of a Ferrari Enzo. Someone, sometime, will try to stop him. And guess what, US will be the one. After all, we are the ones with the most weapons, everyone counts on the biggest arsenal. My only fear is the nukes, I know that the NK will shoot at least one when all hell breaks loose, and when that happens, we WILL shoot back, not 1, but 10. And be sure, we have the WMDs. Each nuclear submarine carries 24 Triddent Nuclear Missile. Each one carries about 10 nuclear warheads. (10 cities with one missile). Plus, that is the US policy, like John Travolta said in "Swordfish":

"If they kill and american, we kill 10 of them. If they shoot down a plane, we blow an airport. If they blow a church, we nuke a city...."
fmleadslinger
+2|6631
ww3 has already started in case u havent noticed! no one calls  it that yet but whats going on around the world is a world war
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6649|Australia
OK, so if the War on Terror is considered WW3, then i think WW4 will between Iran, North Korea and MAYBE China as the big powers, taking on the USA, Japan and Israel. But then again that would probably end in nuclear holocaust and therefore probably never would happen because of mutual destruction etc etc.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6647|Land of the Very Cold
the official WW3 will start, i think, when Iceland invades Madagascar, which will involve iceland, costa rica, panama, fiji, mongolia, pakistan, hungary and yemen, agaisnt madagascar and the newly formed indochina (india and china will become 1 country) and impose conscription on all citizens, thus having a 2 billion person army.... they'll simply walk over for victory... stange enough the USA will not join the war since there is no potential oil field involved.. haha
M60
+1|6635
If any country ever nukes the one of the super powers they will Level the country that did it to pure glass. As for country’s no one has the balls to nuke anyone except terrorists but most of there rescores are being killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. So I think its North Korea or one of the African wars that get out of hand and starts to get other countries involved. Also most of the world has to be involved in the same war for it to be WWIII not separate ones.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
No. The war on terror is not WW3. A World war requires A lot of countries v. a lot of coutries. Not a lot of countries v. a few guerillas and terrorists in some hole.

Last edited by Spark (2006-02-23 00:03:05)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Tomdom_321.au
+1|6728|bendigo, Aus

Spark wrote:

a lot of countries v. a few guerillas and terrorists in some hole.
very true
Chillay-14
+21|6670
the official WW3 will start, i think, when Iceland invades Madagascar, which will involve iceland, costa rica, panama, fiji, mongolia, pakistan, hungary and yemen, agaisnt madagascar and the newly formed indochina (india and china will become 1 country) and impose conscription on all citizens, thus having a 2 billion person army.... they'll simply walk over for victory... stange enough the USA will not join the war since there is no potential oil field involved.. haha
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
There will never be a ww3, the countrys that would have to be involved would not.
We are in the new age of economic wars, russia was the first to lose.
Chillay-14
+21|6670
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6703|atlanta
China.  Their expansionistic beliefs coincided with their xenophobic paranoid thoughts will lead us to a one on one confrontation.  Taiwan will be the excuse.  The chinese missiles reach the west coast but not much farther.  As long as they don't mess with Las Vegas, I'll be fine.  The Russians with their SS-18 and other advanced missile systems can reach all of the US but they (the missiles) are a factor now.  The chinese either can't fire over Siberia or they haven't figured out how to shoot over the north pole.  In a nuclear war, what is the difference anyway?

the bird flu is a bigger danger at the present...
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6674|Stillwater, Ok
World War III I honestly think will be in the Middle East.  While North Korea is a threat China would love to help take them and the nuclear threat out.  They aren't too comfortable with such a power right next to them.  North Korea would be walked over by 2 of the most powerful nations in the world.  I feel it will be the middle east simply because it has ALWAYS been such an unstable part of the world. War is all this part of the world have ever known and every single generation has seen it first hand for the most part.  They are all tied strongly through religion as well and often use that as a cuase for war.  Take for Ex. in the 1960's when the Arabian countries decided they wanted to get rid of Israel(For a 2nd time, the 1st was in 1948 after Israels creation).  They lost both times but it was the basis of both wars.  They felt that Jews did not have the right to Occupy Jerusalem.  The 6 day war involved Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon all vs Israel.  Needless to say they got their asses kicked.  Then there is this current war.  80% of the Insurgents are not even Iraqi but see this as an oppurtunity to kill infidels they feel are occupying Iraq.  I feel that there is just too much tention between the Middle East and the Western civilizations for peace to continue.  At some point our cultures will clash again just like they did in the Crusades.  In my personal opinion it is inevitable.  Middle East vs West will be WWIII.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I find it interesting how everyone I talk to is convinced that China will be eventually sending mass hordes of troops to invade Taiwan and the US.

Bluntly, I think there will eventually be a larger-scale confrontation between radical Islam and everybody else that could be called a World War. Or do we have to wait for France and Germany?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-23 13:40:31)

Y-D-Donut?
+2|6633|Puerto Rico

TrollmeaT wrote:

There will never be a ww3, the countrys that would have to be involved would not.
We are in the new age of economic wars, russia was the first to lose.
As long as there are men on the world, there will always be wars. Plus, every war is an economical one. Millions of dollars are spent on wars, for the fuel, food,, ammo, equipment... Every war fu**s every fighting country, even the winner. Do you know how many $$ has been wasted in Iraqui Freedom??? That msg of yours, I dont get it. But is your opinion, I respect it completely.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6735|Malaga, España
lol, i call it a World War when the Arabic or Asian Countries start to invade europe.
FathomsDown
+19|6643|England
No idea but 10 quid says its fought in France
[MAA]MI2
+3|6764
lol, so France can go from their 5th Republic to a monarchy and then to the 6th Republic? It would be about time for another government in France, according to their history :-P
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671
When the new patch comes out . Karkand is where the bomb will fall - ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun !
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6633|Puerto Rico
right.....
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6704|Wherever the F**k i feel like
China wit Russian vs USA, UK GERMANY, TIWAN, ISREAL, AND INDIA
+0|6739
When i become president and decide to take over america jr. (canada) ww3 will start.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6828
something over Israel no doubt
BVC
+325|6687

FathomsDown wrote:

No idea but 10 quid says its fought in France
I'll drink to that!  Damned frogs!
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6633|Puerto Rico
I think that the war with Israer will only be a Holy War, since its mostly cause of religion.
Refused
+0|6652|South Sweden

Spark wrote:

No. The war on terror is not WW3. A World war requires A lot of countries v. a lot of coutries. Not a lot of countries v. a few guerillas and terrorists in some hole.
They are just fighting for their independence. They are fighting US imperialism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard