IfCShoot
+1|6720
Yes,yes i am a noob at commander i admit it! But how and were do or could i get Basic Commander? The round always endeds like for me right when im at 20 points. Anyone know any IPs or something I'm desperate!
joemah
+6|6734
Look for a server with 64- player sized maps, but few actual people on the server.
joker8baller
+68|6659
? My clan server... So easy... I think I got 3 awards when I was commander for the first time >< My suggestion. Play on singleplayer and learn.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
i noticed that when you play sf, you will usually be able to get more commander points. the maps are so small, so your teammates get into a lot more action, getting higher scores, and then you can get more points as commander.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

I am close to expert commander, you just have to pick the right servers, i got 197 score on karkand as commander, and about 170 on sf:warlord as commander.

Pick a good server, command your troops to the best and most tactical way you can (if they are willing to cooperate that is), and youll start bringing in the points.
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine
How do you get commander points? I don't really get it.. The other day I was playing wake island to try to get my staff officer ribbon (which I did get ) and I was in one of the bunkers at the airfield. A bunch of guys tried to run into the spawn so I shot them, since noone else was around. I didn't get any increase in points when I got the kills, they just seem to gradually go up as the round goes on. Arty didn't really make it go up either.

??
DuVeL
+2|6662|New Gitland, the Netherlands
I've got my nice shiny golden commander badge.
Get on a small 16 vs 16 server (because on the larger servers there are usually people outranking you).  Be the commander, help out if needed (for me it was usually engineer). Use a headset and VC to coordinate attacks with SquadLeaders (I got loads of compliments this way and when a n00b decided to put up a vote mutiny against me they usually get laughed @).
So: just play, help out where you can. Keep spotting!!! Some commanders don't spot enemies which can be really anoying.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6688|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
i find it annoying when the commander continually shouts "Enemy troops spotted" "Enemy Forces Spotted" "Enemy Armour Spotted" "Enemy Helicopter spotted" "Enemy APC Spotted" "Enemy Vehicle Spotted" "Enemy Air Assets Spotted" ok well you get the drift
WooT_Stolpskott
+1|6721|Sweden
il got the expret commander:P
ViPeY
+0|6672|Hampshire, England

CrazeD wrote:

How do you get commander points? I don't really get it.. The other day I was playing wake island to try to get my staff officer ribbon (which I did get ) and I was in one of the bunkers at the airfield. A bunch of guys tried to run into the spawn so I shot them, since noone else was around. I didn't get any increase in points when I got the kills, they just seem to gradually go up as the round goes on. Arty didn't really make it go up either.

??
your commander points are an average of your teams score straight and simple.  You don't get points for doing anything as a commander (Although kills, repairs etc will still count on your stats, you just won't get any points for them).

Therefore, the best way to get a high commander score is join a more frantic map such as karkand were every1 gets loads of kills or join a 24/32 player server running a 64 player map.  This way there will be lots of tickets and so the game will last ages and the capture points will change hands frequently meaning every1 racks up big points.  Seeing as your commander score will be the average of this it means that you will score high.  I don't command a lot but I have got several 100+ scores as commander.  My best being on Karkand with 32 players on a 64 player map as USMC.  We won the round and I got 149 points in little over 25 mins

As for your class I am almost always engineer when I command.  I hide myself away to give orders and when my assets come under attack i can go and repair them myself if there are no other engineers around and thus keep giving my team maximum support.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

What are the exact points that can be earned?

I know it is +1 per captured flag, but what is the rest?
Dilbert2468
+6|6732|Australia
ive got more then 50 points at commander in a game ( i don't play commander very much) and got gold. i still don't have my basic commander badge. im a 1st Lieutenant for christ sakes. i donno it just wont give me my badge i throught u need 50 points a game or somthing to get basic. maybe a time limit i don't know.
DuVeL
+2|6662|New Gitland, the Netherlands

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

i find it annoying when the commander continually shouts "Enemy troops spotted" "Enemy Forces Spotted" "Enemy Armour Spotted" "Enemy Helicopter spotted" "Enemy APC Spotted" "Enemy Vehicle Spotted" "Enemy Air Assets Spotted" ok well you get the drift
That's true but I use it when I see a red dot near one of my fellas. If a squad is near the red dot, take it out.
I also spot when I want to know where a car is moving to so I can take messures against it.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6715|England

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

I command and i do that it helps people locate them and i do it always on a scan and a part i didnt cover with UAV. I do this all because i HELP my team mates and if i have no commander assets available ill watch over an area and spot people out. This isnt annoying and i would like to see more commanders do this since i take flags and get killed because the commander could not be assed to lend me a hand.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

Dilbert2468 wrote:

ive got more then 50 points at commander in a game ( i don't play commander very much) and got gold. i still don't have my basic commander badge. im a 1st Lieutenant for christ sakes. i donno it just wont give me my badge i throught u need 50 points a game or somthing to get basic. maybe a time limit i don't know.
IAR: 40 commander points. I presume before the 2x so you gave to have at least 80 (when winning) or 40 when losing.

And what is the score table for commander?
+1 for flag capture,

But what about the rest.
GaTeCRaSHeR
+-3|6676|Wijchen, The Netherlands
In game it looks like that the commanders almost always getting a average sore of all players so if your team are only noobs with low score the commander will have a low score to,
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6702|Gütersloh, Germany

gazzie wrote:

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

I command and i do that it helps people locate them and i do it always on a scan and a part i didnt cover with UAV. I do this all because i HELP my team mates and if i have no commander assets available ill watch over an area and spot people out. This isnt annoying and i would like to see more commanders do this since i take flags and get killed because the commander could not be assed to lend me a hand.
w0rd gazzie.

I find it annoying when you know that there is an enemy near and the commander can't provide UAV and does not spot. When a squad leader calls for UAV but it's already airborne I spot the enemies for him at the area he requested UAV.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6713
hmm, i've heard the whole "its the average of the teamscore" line before and it doesnt fit with my own experience which is that commander score comes almost entirely from the number of flag captures your team gets. I don't know if it's 1 neutralize + capture = 1 point or a higher ratio, but the way to tell is if you play a map such as Wake and the US don't manage to get ashore, then regardless of how high anyone has scored, the commander doesn't do well, because there were no flag points. So I don't know what else is included but the highest contribution is from flags changing hands. Therefore good maps to get commander points on are maps where the flags change often without the game ending. Mashtuur, Songhua, Daqing, Karkand, are all good maps for getting commander badges. I had no problem getting vet command, but I don't go commander often enough to be eligible for expert commander for AGES

Just on commander style...
Best commanders are those who don't spot constantly but watch their squads. Example, give a UAV to one squad, zoom in on another and manually spot the nearest 3 or 4 enemies. If you spam everyone with 100 enemy spotted reports, it's too much to take in and no one gets anything useful. I'm saying this not just as a commander but as a squad leader, which is my primary role ingame, both from what my squad says to me and from my own experience, the commanders who spot constantly are not the commanders who help the most. A good commander trusts his squads to know what's going on and to be able to see enemies themselves, but gives them assistance and guidance in heavy situations to give them the balance of power. The commander doesn't need to lead by the nose, just point in the right direction.

Last edited by he_who_says_zonk (2006-02-23 05:11:53)

Ali
It's definitely Points scored divided by people alive at the time the point was scored in your team. It has nothing to do with captured flags and killed enemies (besides, that they give the players points which leads to points for you).
If 5 people neutralize and capture a flag (1 gets 4 points, the other 4 gets 2 points each) they score 12 points. If this are the only people alive on your team you get 2.4 points (12 divided by 2).

I commanded the USMC on Sharqi. All of our flags were taken and the only soldier left neutralized a flag. He got 2 points and I also got 2 points.
macca2001
+1|6630

Ali wrote:

you get 2.4 points (12 divided by 2).
wouldnt that be 6?

Commanders do get points for killing people (not with arty though anymore) but no points are made from any sort of support action, heal/revive/repair/defend/capture etc.  There is also the point about getting team averages etc but I dont understand that side of it.

Commanding was much more fun pre 1.12 when all those arty deaths meant something!! (oh yeah, and the arty teamkills!)
Ali
Ooops, sorry. 12 divided by 5 of course

You get kills for killing people in the game's scoreboard, but you don't get points for it. Artillery kills also count towards your global kills but they are not displayed in the scoreboard.

What really annoys me are commanders on low populated servers who rack up billions of points and get the gold medal when their team wins but they did shit for their team. No UAV and Supplies and whoring in the MBT. There should be an additional gold medal per round for the winning commander. Or a best commander medal.

Last edited by Ali (2006-02-24 01:08:22)

Souljah
+42|6660

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

i would have to disagree with that. i find it annoying when a commander isnt doing that. i mean the uav can only cover so much area so a commander spotting enemies is real useful. but if hes spotting enemies in the uav area then that might get annoying. or if hes spotting the same guy 10 times. but other then that i like when commanders spot people cause it is a real big advantage to know what is around you or what is heading toward you. also i like when people spot armor and stuff. though i barely see people who spot things out
Hoot
+3|6451
This topic really helped a lot! I finally got my basic commander badge/staff officer ribbon!

Last edited by Hoot (2006-08-27 09:37:54)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

you do realize that doing that makes him/her a GOOD commander right?
drbrianfields
+4|6550|Ohio, USA

Bernadictus wrote:

Dilbert2468 wrote:

IAR: 40 commander points. I presume before the 2x so you gave to have at least 80 (when winning) or 40 when losing.

And what is the score table for commander?
+1 for flag capture,

But what about the rest.
Total Team Points divided by number of people on team.

If there are 10 on your team, a flag capture is worth 1/5 of a point, a capture assist is equal to 1/10, a revive is worth 1/5, a resupply is worth 1/10... etc etc. 

If you need  high points as a commander to get the IAR requirement, either try a large map few players deal, or go for a map like Karkand where, even though it can go fast, there are lots of flag captures and lots of revives and stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard