E|W4v0r
+8|6683|New York
Just keep knifign and don't be afraid to die.
When I finally tried for basic I got 16 knife kills in that round alone... too bad I didn't have the global requirments or I would've gotten vet too.
NO LIFE NITRO
Banned
+0|6659|Sydney, Aus
lol 7 kills rofl so damn easy just play karkand and go sniper or you can play special forces except thats the SF knife badge but really its just to easy if you say thats hard then try expert which is 18 knife in a round
Rizen_Ji
+41|6755|200m out and smiling at you.
i thought this badge was mad easy and got it in my first try....

just remember the UAV is ur friend, make sure they're not looking in the direction ur gonna go at them, always make sure u have sprint and either be a class with armor or be a medic. and try to stick around in enemy territory if u just killed someone in case a medic decides to come along and revive ur fresh kill.

i got mine on sharqi as USMC, i spawned at the city entrance and pulled out a knife and ran for the hills for the MEC uncap spawn across from the city entrance and then ran around hiding in between buildings jumping ppl running for the city entrance.
TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6666
Most people dont play sniper. They play special forces, assualt, or medic alot!
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6675|Brisbane, Australia

And now for sarrk's super sneaky knife tutorial!!

I have not gotten pistol or knife yet but my brother has, and he is 8, 8!! for crying out loud!

What he did was this, he spawned sniper, huffed it over to club house on sharqi 64 and camped, now there was a guy who was afk for the entire round and my brother just kept spawn raping him until commander spawned there and capped his sneaky ass

He got pistol and knife in the same round

and he is 8

Arnt you better than an 8 year old?
NO LIFE NITRO
Banned
+0|6659|Sydney, Aus
Yeh but for the stealth and secretness (lol) go sniper.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6720
playing a sniper doesnt make you any more stealthy. in fact, all those leaves and crap stuck to your uniform make you easier to see in most urban environments. for the knife badge go medic so you can heal yourself. If you know there are enemies coming, toss some kits on the ground so you can run over them when you get hurt.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6808|Singapore

I find it easiest to just play your best CQC class when going for the knife OR pistol badge.

All the sneaking past action etc advice is good but most importantly <b>KNOW WHEN TO FUCKING GIVE UP</b>. Don't continue to slash desperately when you're going to be overpowered (guy has his main gun out and is ready to blow your brains out). If you miss one or 2, get out your main, prone and blow him again. Live to try again.
Jaqtos
+0|6673
Yeah dont act stupid trying to get knife badge there are some certain situations where you can piss off people by knifing all or most of them. Was funny how i got mine waited for right situation  There was a bunch of peeps defending a flag with walls in front with hole then kind protected on sides. Yall know abouts where that is. I got in  went prone knifed 6 people 4 prone 2 standing up then got blasted goin after guy that spawned.

I got the seventh kill by knifing guy under one of the train cars at train accident  and knifed few other time when was right. You can get the knifes anywhere but certain maps like karkland are better to try for it. If your persistant observant and not be trying to knife people when they see you and have a a dao or any gun in your face.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6692|Australia
Im not better than an 8 year old, however i did do it without SPAWN CAMPING.

Dont listen to the wankers that just like to rag on you cause they managed to do it 5 times in a row etc.

I was the last person i thought that could get pistol and or knife.

Now knife tips... Karkand, Go medic heal up between fights and sprint longer, carry your knife and only your knife, yes u will die about 17 times but itll be all worth it. Dont forget to use the UAV sneak up behind guys who are by themselves never jump into a group of guys.

No matter what they say pistol is hard, as knife is practically a 1 hit kill, with a pistol you are a sitting duck unloading 8 rds into guys with DAOs and f2000 plus now the one shot kill PKM. However he same principle applies pistol only pistol and sneak up.
Kendoson
+10|6714|Scotland
Best in my opinion is on sharky hide out in con-yard in main building please note has to be in enemy hands lol get loads in there 7 b np
Defiance
+438|6690

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

In order to advance to master sargeant, i need to get the basic knife AND pistol badge! I dont think i'll be getting either of those! I think the knife combat badge is RIDICULOUS and should be removed from the game!
Then you suck. You suck bad.

Quit bitching about stuff you can't get, get our there and try for it! Practice! Pistol is easy, you get bullets! Nuff said, you can get 5 kills.

Knife? Practice. Get close, prone and shank their ankles.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6791|PNW

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

Not even when you repeatedly jump towards a target, can you be able to get close enough to him to knife him before getting shot. The knife badge is BS! It should either be lowered to 2 or 3 kills, or be removed from the game completely! Same goes with the pistol badge!
Watch out. Complain about something and EA might actually nerf it. 7 knife kills are NOT hard to get in a city game full of snipers and people who like to go prone while flagging.

Contrary to popular opinion, knifing spawners is actually more difficult than just going after people who are doing nothing but lying on their bellies.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-22 23:38:35)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6664
try to get it at karkand map like some ppl suggested on this post,  around the hotel thats where the MEC line up like crazy just sneak up from the side dont go through the little metal fince go from sides and start stabbing people.
CrazeD
+368|6692|Maine

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

But i cant advance to the next rank without getting knife and pistol badge!
That's not how it works..

You will get master sergeant if you don't have the basic pistol/knife. If you have the basic pistol/knife, you will get first sergeant.
TigrisJK
+3|6745

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

Not even when you repeatedly jump towards a target, can you be able to get close enough to him to knife him before getting shot. The knife badge is BS! It should either be lowered to 2 or 3 kills, or be removed from the game completely! Same goes with the pistol badge!
I fullheartedly disagree. Since the deagle in CS and the COMPLETELY overpowered pistol in C&C: Renegade, I've always been a fan of pistols in FPSes. There's something about them, probably the game-makers deciding that they need to be more balanced, that make them more powerful than you would think.

The pistol in BF2 is really accurate if you know how to use it correctly. I've faced off Spec Ops carbines face to face. (Admittedly, it was easier when you could hope over them as they went prone and put bullets in their ass). Granted it has no chance against a decent shot, but in the heat of the moment people tend to do the whole spray and pray thing, when the pistol forces you to think one shot at a time. And if you're missing, you won't get that X on your Hud and you'll know it.
The0wner
+0|6673

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

n00b quit bitching and get better its easy. Bitch when you go after expert explosives.
shut up u queer even people with good accounts that have just made a new one have trouble getting it i bet it took you a few rounds to get it so fuck off n00b
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6692|Australia

The0wner wrote:

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

n00b quit bitching and get better its easy. Bitch when you go after expert explosives.
shut up u queer even people with good accounts that have just made a new one have trouble getting it i bet it took you a few rounds to get it so fuck off n00b
Well said.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

In order to advance to master sargeant, i need to get the basic knife AND pistol badge! I dont think i'll be getting either of those! I think the knife combat badge is RIDICULOUS and should be removed from the game!
No its not. It's quite easy if you know how. pistol's pretty easy too.

I got them way before I learnt how to prone jump etc, but expert is killing me (as its meant to)

The badges aren't meant to be a walkover, btw.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
{KAOS}DesertWraith
+14|6666
I found it easiest on Karkand ...just get it the hallways on the first flag and go nuts with your shank...you will die many times but it will happen......also now that flash bang is in that works quite well too.....hit em with a flash then rip in while they are stunned...{make sure your not looking at it when you throw it}  lmfao
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
Veteran was even easier, I got it without knowing I was getting it (e.g. I wasn't trying to get it). I just happened to find lots of proners.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Arch-35
+1|6728

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

I find it extremely difficult to even get ONE knife kill! Let alone 7! How do they expect you to get 7 knife kills in one round? Any tips on getting the badge? Have YOU gotten the badge? How do you get it?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=14069

TJ_Houshmandzedah started a thread on this very topic just a while back and has recieved all the same answers again.

I wish these guys would read their own threads and use the "Search' feature on this site before doing anything.
Impaqt
+37|6657|Chicago, Il
Another god way to get a knife kill is to find a Tank with a Gunner...  Jump up on it from behind and you can knife the gunner from behind pretty easy....   Probobly better as Spec ops so you have a chance to toast the tank after gutting the gunner...  But your gonna die a LOT getting this badge anyway....

After getting my Pistol Basic(And Expert) the other night on a Karkand map, I switched to knife with aabout 25 tickets left and got 2 kills.....  7 ina full round shouldnt be all that hard.

Your friend is a 64 Player Karkand map with 15-20 people on it.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6746|Debris From Space
Bah, basic is easy. Feel sympathy for me, It's even harder to get the expert badge due to the loss of dolphin tactics.
VonDutch1
+0|6819
Basically, I'm having the same problem... 1 more badge to advance... frustrating. Anyway, I decided to grab myself together and start practising. One comfort... I'll knife alot coming days, not using 1.2. If I have 50 Global knife kills and after that I'll kill 7 IAR... vet badge! Bottom line: If you're not able to make the magic 7, you're not worth to get a higher rank...

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_28106/tpl_2/image.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard