Tborg
+0|6641
Hello, i have already the Medic and the Engineer unlock and find its a very good choice as i play those 2 class very often.  What i want to know is what other's class really benifit from a unlock.  So thanks you in advance for you suggestion and have a great day!

Tborg_zero

p.s.: i only have BF2, i didn't buy the expension's yet as i just started to play.

Last edited by Tborg (2006-02-22 13:43:31)

Great_White_Rabbit
+0|6655
The PKM (Support)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Erm... Even though I don't really like it that much, the DAO-12, simply because it is such a change - from a SMG to a Shotgun. SMGs are good for close range right, so the obvious choice would be something designed to deal with enemy soldiers at close range - ergo, a Shotgun. That's my reasoning anyway.

So for practicality, the DAO-12.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6768|Tenn
id get the pkm unless u play a lot of anti-tank
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6730|Rochester, NY
PKM, DAO and G36E
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
M95 or PKM
cheese
+0|6645
i suggest you buy the special forces expansion and unlock the G36E for Medic, it rapes FACES.

since i unlocked that weapon i got a huge increase in kills.  its accurate, low recoil, and it just sounds and feels oh so right.
Tborg
+0|6641
The L85A1 was a big improvement for me when i first unlock it.  Does the G36E is such a big difference?

Does the G36E have a scope to?  with the L85A1 i was able to snipe from a more secure distance then try to close combat someone.  Even then, L85A1 have a good dmg and high rate in close combat for as far i have try it.

Last edited by Tborg (2006-02-22 14:15:54)

wraparoundww
+-1|6665|Cleveland, OH
The G36C (SpecOps) and L85A1 are my favorites.
TeronF
+0|6649|Canada
OK! the BEST first unlock in the game for level 1 is the DAO. no question. no argue. PKM (Whores) - G36C (Good) - G3 (Crap) - M95 (average)

seriously if you want a good gun that will help you on all 3 teams. get the DAO
TheKeck
+0|6772
The PKM absolutely rocks now.  I'm loving it.  My first unlock was DAO-12 because I was playing almost all anti-tank back then.  If you are going to play anti-tank, it's a great unlock.  The G36C is also excellent.

Most of all, DON'T unlock the M95!!!!!!!!!!  It was my second unlock and I regret it to this day.
TeronF
+0|6649|Canada
The M95 is ok now... it is a bit better since the update... and it is better then the crappy MEC sniper. and you do need to get it before you get our new sexy L96A1
WinstontheWolf
+11|6690
1. DAO - Is so much better than the SMG
2. g36e - The best overall gun in the game (I think assault should've had this, its just to good for medic..!)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

The question wasn't "what unlock is best' it was 'what unlock (do you suggest,) is the most practical. There's been many 'best unlock' threads before, this is different.

Practicality and 'what is a good gun' are different things. think, 'okay Support needs to fire off many rounds a minute and act as a roadblock. Does the PKM perform that requirement?' i thought 'Okay, AT is for dealing with tanks not infantry. the only weapon they have is for personal defence from close range soldiers, thus, switching from a SMG to a shotgun is practical.'
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Keck, have you tried the M95 since the patch?

G36E is great... I get killed by it far to much...

G3A3 is really good for CQC/mid range combat now...

DAO-12 wipes the floor... GET THE DAO

G36C isn't that great for Spec-Ops... I prefer the AK-74SU or whatever the hell it is...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6757|Longueuil
lol what you call the crappy mec sniper is actually really good if your good at headshots..before the update if i had to choice between a svd or a m95 i would go for the svd cause its the only sniper that you can make 3 hs in a row
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6672
DOA-12 close quaters.
MG36E all around great wep.
M95 (Or new unlock) for sniping.
aFilthyJundie
+0|6722|UK
DAO-12 is boss!

G36e is the king unlock if you ever get SF.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

lol what you call the crappy mec sniper is actually really good if your good at headshots..before the update if i had to choice between a svd or a m95 i would go for the svd cause its the only sniper that you can make 3 hs in a row
SVD is kickass... I didn't like the Type 88 much though...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
metal1215
+18|6645|Varsseveld, Netherlands
I think the best unlock depends on your favourite kit.
L85A1 is oke but a little weak (M16 is better)
DAO-12 almost unstoppable at close range, sucks on medium and long range
PKM good alrounder, pretty good at close range and good at long range (since 1.2)
G36C hmm dont know, its very accurate but I think its too weak
G3 insanely powerfull but very inaccurate
M95 dont take the M95!  its almost the same as a M24 so dont waste your unlock! only if you really like sniping and like TeronF said you need the M95 to get the L96A1 (never used L96 before so I cant tell you anything about it)
MK3 Jackhammer  I wouldnt pick that one, its not outstanding.  its ok at close range but not nearly as good as the DAO-12 (it only has good looks )
metal1215
+18|6645|Varsseveld, Netherlands
and oh yeah G36E kicks ass
luckybaer
+10|6774| Going Feral
"Practical."
Hmmm... if you don't play a class very often, then it would not be practical for you to unlock any of its weapons.  For example, I don't play sniper much.  Now I wish I had never unlocked the M95.  Please think about that before doing anything.

However, sometimes a weapon might be so awesome that it encourages you to try that class.  That is what the G36E did for me and the Medic Kit.  The G36E, for me, has been a godsend.  It is very accurate from long range, and it is pretty effective up close.  Even if a support guy goes prone and starts shooting at me, many times I can nail him right in the head with the G36E and either kill him and survive, or at least kill him while I die.

The MG36 is almost like the G36E for me, but not quite.  I like it better than the PKM for its better RoF and I FEEL more accurate with it.  The PKM probably has the advantage of dealing more damage, but psychologically I like the MG36 better, and hence, I think my performance is better.

If you really like playing Anti-Tank, I think the DA0-12 is a must-have unlock.  You shouldn't be trying to fight infantry when you are anti-tank, you should be taking out tanks, APCs, Vodniks and the like.  Therefore, the only time you REALLY need a weapon is if someone surprises you as you walk around a corner, or you are in a tightspot advancing on a flag with yer mates.  The DA0-12 is useless at distance, but formidable at close range.  As opposed to the other AT weapons which are relatively useless at distance and pathetic at close range.

If you really get turned on by Spec Ops, the G36C is a good unlock.  Very, very accurate.  Seems to me it is just like the G36E, but I like playing medic a lot more than Spec Ops.  I think the SCAR is kinda over-rated.

Don't know why anyone feels the urge to upgrade for Assault.  The G3 does more damage and can be used to snipe, but the 20 round mag and lack of a GL are a bummer.  I feel that the F2000 is kinda over-hyped, too.  I actually don't mind the M-203 as USMC, and the AK-XX variants are devastating at close range if you are MEC, PLA.

Jackhammer is a nice Engie unlock because it is automatic.  That helps a lot, because if you don't get 'em with the first shot with a pump-action, you're usually toast.  Don't know what to think about the MP-7.  Seems to go through clips pretty fast, but a little more effective at distance.  Again, as an Engineer, you're kinda like AT - you have no business playing grunt.

So, to make a long story short:
1.  Don't waste an unlock on a class you rarely play - unless the unlock is so good that it actually improves your performance to the point where you enjoy playing the class/kit.  That's what the G36E and MG36 did for me. 

2.  Unlocks that are perceived to be improvements (in my eyes) over the stock weapon for the kit:
a.  DA0-12
b.  Jackhammer vs. Pump-Action (I like the MEC shotty)
c.  PKM (gotta have it anyway, to get to the MG36)
d.  L85Ax - the first medic unlock, ONLY because you gotta have it before you get the G36E
e.  G36C for Spec Ops

3.  Game changing unlocks (based on my experience):
a.  G36E
b.  PKM
c.  MG36
d.  G36C
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6676|Kingswood Country
If you play 1-2 classes all the time, focus on those. Personally, I prefer to keep a balance between all - hence unlocks are picked on the basis of what will make the biggest difference from what is currently available. On that basis - The DAO - as Tyferra has noted, it makes a HUGE difference to the class.

Only thing to be aware of is the reduced range. This is not necessarily bad - it just means you need to close the distance between you and enemy before unloading. Eg, on Sharqi - assaulting the construction site, I hug buildings and stay behind hills while running, but once in the construction site itself firing 3-4 shells into guys at 3m away is unstoppable.

Best round I have had in game was on Sharqi - and virtually all the kills were owed to this fine piece of kit.
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
Don't listen to anyone that says the G3 is crap. As someone else in these forums has pointed out, it is a "connoisseur's gun" - meaning that if you have some skill with the assault kit, it will server you much better than either the normal rifle or the FN2000, primarily because of it's damage.

Some would say that since the issue is practicality, the G3 should not be considered, because it's not as accurate as the other two and has less ammo. I would argue the exact opposite - the assault trooper should not be at long range, he should be 'assaulting' (duh) so at close-medium range, and being 'supported' from a support trooper (duhx2). So if you're using the kit the way it's supposed to be used, the G3 is not only a practical option but imho the best option for that kit.

HOWEVER!

and this applies to all guns: it depends on the map! if you play Kubra dam alot, you won't need a close assault weapon as much as you would on Karkand, for example. So a scoped assault rifle like the FN2000 might be better.

Personally, I play infantry maps more than anything else (Sharqi, Mashtuur, and Karkand, and Warlord, Mass Destruction, Surge in SF), and I love my G3.

Assault Kit with G3 for teh win
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica
The most useful unlocks are the DAO-12 and G36C, the rest aren't much better than the standard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard