Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6642|Nova Scotia
I liked 1.12, I like 1.2, and I'll probably like 1.21, so I really have nothing to whine about. I figured I'd get the ball rolling here for the inevitable, hahahahaha!
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6638|Weymouth, England
In other news EA and DICE have fired their previous patching team and taken away their peanuts.
https://www.hafdis.dk/pictures/silly/animals/The%203%20monkeys.jpg
Viper38
+118|6666
lol, nice
cat4ever
+69|6749|CATALONIA
whats new in 1.21?
Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

hopefully the graphical problems....
-=[MgC]=-Venom
+5|6782|Boussu
new, more wall glitches.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6773
New to 1.21:

Fixed - heat seeking bullets now are more accurate.  Just fire into the air and you will get kills.
Fixed - grenades are now heat seeking as well.
Fixed - Soldiers can no longer move from where they spawn. (this is to prevent stat padding)
Fixed - No more planes.
Fixed - we took away the assault kit to prevent heat seeking grenade launcher spamming.
Fixed - Helicopters are just for looks now since you can't move.

We at DICE and EA appreciate all you have done and are showing it by the newest patch.  Now you can play the game to your little heart's content.

See you on the battlefield soldier.

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

New to 1.21:

Fixed - heat seeking bullets now are more accurate.  Just fire into the air and you will get kills.
Fixed - Soldiers can no longer move from where they spawn. (this is to prevent stat padding)
Fixed - No more planes.
Fixed - we took away the assault kit to prevent heat seeking grenade launcher spamming.

We at DICE and EA appreciate all you have done and are showing it by the newest patch.  Now you can play the game to your little heart's content.

I don't think your nickname should be 'wannabe_tank_whore' I think it should be 'wannabe_helo_whore' since you seem to be whining about it but can't fly them because you get shot down to much. Why don't you learn some new tactics and adapt to the game. For instance before you take over or defend a flag with a helo, why don't you shoot down the AA?? That sounds like a good tactic to me.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6675
I was flying a helo today . I got locked on by the AA . I hit flares . I died any way . No only are choppers "pretty much " worthless now the flares are as well . They just don't work . I mean as in broken me thinks . Also is it just me or does lock on seem to lock on 10 times quicker then it used too ? Seems that way . On the other side of things when I shoot down a chopper it feels good but in a cheesy non skilled kind of way . It's like point shoot , watch people die . Laugh at them before you fire because they have no chance regaurdless of what counter measures they make - the gonna die , die , die !
evillbill
+-1|6730|West Oz
As opposed to pre-patch when the chopper ho's just floated around with impunity...

This way is much much better. Now people are at least playing the big open maps.
Khaotiks
+0|6643
im not gonna complailn about the anti-air at all.  In fact, I'm glad they made it a bit easier to actually hit something in the AA turrets, or the Bradley, etc.  But what I AM going to complain about is the air-air combat.  I mean come on, its rediculous.  Now, if you're flying a jet and you have someone on your tail, its next to impossible to get them off.  First you turn back and forth, and hit your flares after a few seconds... then after they do nothing and the guy behind you still has a lock, you find that he's launched two aim-9's in the opposite direction, both sidewinders have hit you, and you are now attempting to fly a large, burning chunk of metal.

I had lots of fun before flying airplanes and fighting air to air combat, even though it was difficult to hit any other airplanes.  Now, it's not even fun when I shoot another person down because I know that it's taken absolutely no skill to do.
JonskyGBR
+5|6669|England
I still preferred chopper whores to the amount of snipers on the maps now
happybhoy74
+0|6651
Jet 2 Jet AA needs to be nerfed - current AA is fine bar the mad glitches. If you can't avoid an AA lock and you think that flares don't work then - LEARN TO FLY THE FECKIN CHOPPERS BETTER. I can do it and I'm nowhere near as good as half the pilots I come up against. I'm glad the AA has been improved and I fly the choppers a lot. Pre-1.2 all AA made you do was a little defensive flying your only concern was other helicopters and the occasional jet. It's far better now, you actually have to use a little skill and your chances of finishing a game with a handful of deaths is long gone - which is exactly the way it should be. I can understand some people being upset that they can no longer be near invincible flying death machines but the fact of the matter is that the game was unfairly tilted towards the choppers and jets, its now been balanced out the game is fairer as a result - you can piss and whine about it all day or you can suck it up and move on.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6648

JonskyGBR wrote:

I still preferred chopper whores to the amount of snipers on the maps now
Yeah, at least there can only be 2 choppers at a time instead of 50 snipers walking around looking for the support guy so they can drop more claymores everywhere...
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6649
Crash bug when using Hummer with TOW in the Special Forces expansion pack has been fixed
Screen capture is now working
Performance issues with certain ATI cards has been addressed
Server browser can now filter by map name
Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2

thats what they have confirmed they are changing....that all sounds good to me....

even though i kinda liked claywhoring....oh well....ill get my vet explosives before 1.21 comes out...

Last edited by xhashashinx (2006-02-22 10:57:18)

jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6675

happybhoy74 wrote:

Jet 2 Jet AA needs to be nerfed - current AA is fine bar the mad glitches. If you can't avoid an AA lock and you think that flares don't work then - LEARN TO FLY THE FECKIN CHOPPERS BETTER. I can do it and I'm nowhere near as good as half the pilots I come up against. I'm glad the AA has been improved and I fly the choppers a lot. Pre-1.2 all AA made you do was a little defensive flying your only concern was other helicopters and the occasional jet. It's far better now, you actually have to use a little skill and your chances of finishing a game with a handful of deaths is long gone - which is exactly the way it should be. I can understand some people being upset that they can no longer be near invincible flying death machines but the fact of the matter is that the game was unfairly tilted towards the choppers and jets, its now been balanced out the game is fairer as a result - you can piss and whine about it all day or you can suck it up and move on.
I know how to take counter measures . I know how to fly decently . I know how to use terrain and building to cover and conceil me . I know where every AAA is loactaed . I know every rount to take that has me with a better chance of survival when taking out AAA . What I'm saying is that the flares must be broken . I use flares and they simply don't do thier job . I get locked on , I hit flares , boom dead . What I'm trying to say is perhaps the flares are just not working ? So no matter hoiw good you fecking fly the chopper dead meat .
On that note the best way to balance out the choppers is give enough strength to the chopper so that after being hit by 2 AAA missles it's has like 10% health left . At least this way you have a slight chance of flying back to base for repairs . Now , that's it your locked on to , your fucking dead and thier ain't shit you can do about it . Talk about no fucking skill - aim shoot done !
Opticon69
Space Agent
+0|6636

Khaotiks wrote:

im not gonna complailn about the anti-air at all.  In fact, I'm glad they made it a bit easier to actually hit something in the AA turrets, or the Bradley, etc.  But what I AM going to complain about is the air-air combat.  I mean come on, its rediculous.  Now, if you're flying a jet and you have someone on your tail, its next to impossible to get them off.  First you turn back and forth, and hit your flares after a few seconds... then after they do nothing and the guy behind you still has a lock, you find that he's launched two aim-9's in the opposite direction, both sidewinders have hit you, and you are now attempting to fly a large, burning chunk of metal.

I had lots of fun before flying airplanes and fighting air to air combat, even though it was difficult to hit any other airplanes.  Now, it's not even fun when I shoot another person down because I know that it's taken absolutely no skill to do.
I definitely second that!

Last edited by Opticon69 (2006-03-09 02:48:57)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
clamores are so fake... they can kill u when ur like 10 feet away... thats what a hate teh most, and wtf is about the GL? seems like they bounce off the ground and land in a metre or 2. clamores are the gayest now.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SammyIAm
+0|6654

Opticon69 wrote:

Khaotiks wrote:

I definitly second that!
And a third.

Hitting things with stingers used to be a challenge, but the joy from actually doing damage or even killing a helo or plane was wonderful.  Now it's kinda borning, just point and shoot.

I think EA is spending too much time listening to the people in their own forums.  The 1.2 patch seemed to "fix" a lot of "problems" that the most vocal whiners complained about, ignoring the fact that thousands of players who didn't say anything actually liked the game how it was.  I wish they'd vist these forums from time to time, I haven't disagreed with much that's been said here.

On the upside, I was looking for an excuse to get back into UT2k4...

Last edited by SammyIAm (2006-02-23 11:02:06)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6773

{AWH} X-Soulxaile_W.A.C-X wrote:

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

New to 1.21:

Fixed - No more planes.

I don't think your nickname should be 'wannabe_tank_whore' I think it should be 'wannabe_helo_whore' since you seem to be whining about it but can't fly them because you get shot down to much. Why don't you learn some new tactics and adapt to the game. For instance before you take over or defend a flag with a helo, why don't you shoot down the AA?? That sounds like a good tactic to me.
Wow, let's repeat the basics of what everybody else says.  Learn to think for yourself.  And try to reread my post.  I mention helicopters once.  GG.
=NAA=Slyfox
+3|6642

SammyIAm wrote:

Opticon69 wrote:

Khaotiks wrote:

I definitly second that!
And a third.

Hitting things with stingers used to be a challenge, but the joy from actually doing damage or even killing a helo or plane was wonderful.  Now it's kinda borning, just point and shoot.

I think EA is spending too much time listening to the people in their own forums.  The 1.2 patch seemed to "fix" a lot of "problems" that the most vocal whiners complained about, ignoring the fact that thousands of players who didn't say anything actually liked the game how it was.  I wish they'd vist these forums from time to time, I haven't disagreed with much that's been said here.
fourth here. AA lock on needed to be slightly increased, but give the jets/helos thier hit points back! and nerf jet to jet missle combat. it's pointless now that the missles can do 180. see a jet - fire - they are dead. no skill. sad!
MooseRyder
+37|6651|Montréal, Canada
I get more kills with the new AA and stinger, but i get more team damages too lol
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6642|Nova Scotia
Meh, he probably took the air plane and getting shot out of the air if you go up comments as related.
[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6679|Denmark
The days of dogfighting is over.. sad..
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6711

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

clamores are so fake... they can kill u when ur like 10 feet away... thats what a hate teh most.
Actually it's pretty mild compared to a real claymore.

Real claymores pretty much shred anything in front of them to a distance of about 50 feet, they can be set up to fire on either a remote trigger, a trip wire or a motion sensor and when they go off they not only explode but also fire about 200 steel pellets in the direction they are facing. A very nasty item...

Now that would be cool. As an alternate fire mode to the claymore you can set them as remote detonation devices like C4. that way they could be used for ambushes like they are in real life.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard