speenerd
+0|6641
Just wondering how many people out there use a trackball for BF2?  I do...and I'm the only one I know of.  If you use a trackball or some other wierd device lets hear about it and why.
Crunch1234
+4|6660
i use trackball cause i cant find my old one

Last edited by Crunch1234 (2006-02-21 08:35:28)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6805|Portland, OR, USA

Gah, how can you people stand those? *hugs his laser wireless mouse*
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6762|Oregon, USA
heh, i love my logitech laser wireless...it gets slow when the battery runs low, but thats natural.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6755
Whats a trackball... oh wait I saw one in a museum once

Its an antique, sell it at auction
SonOfUncleSam
+0|6663|Ohio
I use a pistol mouse, but I switch over to my laser mouse when Im done with it. Its optical, and its pretty good.
elite
+89|6714|Sheffield, England
just a 10 pounds laser mouse, wired
Heat
+0|6644|Alabama
I use a Logitech marble mouse so technically I'm a trackball user. I guess I'm on my 5th one. I've never been able to use a regular trackball like I can the marble mouse.
To me it just seems logical and I don't have to use any desktop to move it around.

Last edited by Heat (2006-02-21 17:18:57)

-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6728|Australia

elite wrote:

just a 10 pounds laser mouse, wired
i think ur thinkng of optical
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
i used to have a dell mouse.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6785|Perth, Western Australia
Hey, on a side note what is a good gaming mouse that wont break the bank? It was my brithday like last week and I have 90 dollars AU and I was either looking to buy Empire Earth 2 or get a new (better) mouse and mousepad
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|NÃ¥rvei

Trackball is gay !

*cuddles my MX518*
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6716

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Hey, on a side note what is a good gaming mouse that wont break the bank? It was my brithday like last week and I have 90 dollars AU and I was either looking to buy Empire Earth 2 or get a new (better) mouse and mousepad
From personal experience i can say the Logitech G5, its a laser with wire since wireless sucks imho if u run out of batteries. if u like wireless take the G7, bit more expensive but wireless ( oh and the g5 itself is not considered cheap)

I've also read good things about the Razer Laser mouse but i don't know anything about that

Last edited by Sondar (2006-02-22 01:25:28)

davblos
+4|6739|Melb, Australia

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Dude get the mouse!  I use an mx900 which came with the Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop (such a cool keyboard, and bluetooth!!) but its pretty expensive.  I think you can buy the equivalent mouse or better with 90 bucks,  you should be thinking cordless laser for that price if you shop around.  CPL in melbourne is cheap.  www.cpl.net.au
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6696|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
for $90, well the Logitech G5 is teh roX0rZ, i have a G7 and i love it to bits, hugs and kisses, the only real difference is that the G7 is wireless, ig ot it becuase i have a habit of pulling the wires out of the computer and swinging the mouse around and slamming it against the wall
Atlas
+0|6680
Honestly, are you all joking? Trackballs ARE NOT FOR FPS GAMES! They are for old ladies who are trying to avoid joint pain associated with using a normal mouse. I can GUARANTEE that if you learn to use a standard optical/laser mouse that you will improve your game immensely.
ReVmAn
+0|6672|Where politics is not needed
Once there was a guy (OverToad) who played UT and he used this: http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/hard_rev.php/202

And boy did this guy own in the UT scene ...

Also very easy for flying, don't have to change between mouse and joystick

Last edited by ReVmAn (2006-02-22 03:00:56)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701
if you practice long enough you can become skilled with any control surface. For the vast majority of us that control is a mouse. If you really want to use trackballs, by all means... But be prepared for hours and hours of getting reamed while you get used to it.

And I have a g5, its great.
Heat
+0|6644|Alabama
Well, I've never been able to use a regular trackball at all. The marble mouse is a little different to me. It's fast and smooth.
pogled
+0|6778|Europe
For BF2 I use a mouse (Mx510) but trackballs are fun to use because they allow you to make real fast movments (after some time you have dapted to it). Had the fun of using one for quite some time in a real AAA-radar. No good for desktop use but fast as hell if it comes to acquiring a target for the first time. Based on this experieces I really would want to try one in a FPS.
XGRODTX
+0|6640
personally, go with a wired laser mouse cuz if you get a wireless laser, you'll be stuck probably in the middle of a firefight with the enemy and your mouse will go dead, always happened to me until i got the wired one, hope this helps out =P
MURPHY-D.
+0|6704
The majority of my score came from using a Microsoft Trackball Explorer.  It finally, after YEARS of service,broke.  I searched, and searched and searched but couldn't find a NEW one to replace it (I'm not trusting my battlefield survival to a used eBay purchase).  I finally had to break-down and buy a Logitech G5 or whatever this piece of crap is I'm now using.  I don't know how you guys can play with a mouse.  I'd kill to have a new Trackball Explorer in my arsenal again.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6645|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I use the Logitech mx518 gaming mouse and you'll have to pry it from my cold death grip when I die.
HerrHeidie(NL)
+0|6662|Rotterdam - Holland
WHAT??!!! people dont use a mouse! what!!!

That's funny...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Trackball mice are too slow and they lag too much.  I'm using this cheap Logitech optical mouse and I love it.  It doesn't have all those extra buttons that the more expensive ones do though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard