RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
Last time I checked, the world had about 6.5 billion residents.  If the population continues to increase at estimated rates, we will find ourselves at an unsustainable level.  So, what do we do? 

I say we begin plans to colonize space, but how?

I have heard others say
Lunatics-"just go kill ____."
Students- "We can't have that many people here...." and then walk away without saying anything more.
"Realists"- "Some will just starve"

So, what should we (the world) do?  Let's hear some plausible ideas.

Have you ever charged an attack chopper, emptying your AK at it and screaming "WOLVERINES!!"
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6735|cairns australia
with over 1 billion people starving you could argue it is already unsustainable.gm modified crops can produce enough food to feed everyone.its just the environmentalists(WHO ARE WELL FED)that protest against gm crops.bet they wouldnt if they were fucking starving.see P & T Bullshit for a well rounded gm argument
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6643|Deep In The South Of Texas
The answer is obvious:

Soylent Green
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok
Hmm...well I'm gonna say most likely a war.  Those who are starving will go get it by other means even by war if they see fit.  Then again wars have helped to control population since the very beginning. Just wonder how it should be done
ComradeWho
+50|6696|Southern California
it's called sex ed
if you are so familiar with the numbers then you know that it's abundantly clear what the problem is
most first world nations have negative population growth this is attributed to education, and on top of education sex ed
third world nations have positive population growth sometimes growth as high as 3 and a half percent...

there you go
problem solved
add "colonize space" to your dumb scenarios for solving this problem.
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders
Simple, mankind is going to blast itself back into the stone age and completely ravage the face of the planet.

What remains of our species will be stuck into an existential level of society until we're extinct.

Seriously, 6.5 billion humans on a planet the size of Earth? With religion, poverty and lack of common sense still thriving? Our fate is sealed. And we have no1 to blame except ourselves.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814
We can eat each other.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
i thought the worlds population was only like 10,000.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814
Because you're in fuckin canberra
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
im doing a project now about astroid fux up earth so we have to leave. mars sounds good, heat it up w/ a few sats up there w/ panels that reflect sunlight into mars. and were all gonna die sumday
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
elite
+89|6715|Sheffield, England
ww3 will play an important part in getting rid of people, not that i want it too, but it most likely will.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
Yes, war and disease have been important in population control.  I was looking for a positive solution though.  I know teraforming is still kind of out there, but I think it deserves some more research.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
Hehe well the chinese are running into a problem right now with there controled births. They were only allowed to have one child, and now they have a crazy man woman ratio.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6772|Atlanta, GA USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hehe well the chinese are running into a problem right now with there controled births. They were only allowed to have one child, and now they have a crazy man woman ratio.
That's because they all want to have boys.  I think they abort the girls since they can only have one child.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
Yup that's excatly why and they wouldn't abort the baby, they would hide the pregnancy and bind the childrens feet and drown them at the river. But that was back in the day but I belive the stats are 8 men to every 1 woman, all so they didn't have to pay a dowerly(spelling).
maef
+67|6684|Tulln, Austria
well... for now let's just wait and see how much damage the birdflu will do.

the next pandemic is long overdue and historically seen these things have sometimes put a mayor blow to population. especially in poorer countries with too little hygene. and usually those are also the countries with high birth rates.
ComradeWho
+50|6696|Southern California
seriously guys
the world population is only ballooning in nations with poor education, nations with adequate education have negative population growth (in other words population shrinkage)... nations with inadequate education have population growth as high as 3.5%
think about it if you can manage to abandon your sensationalist fantasies.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

ComradeWho wrote:

seriously guys
the world population is only ballooning in nations with poor education, nations with adequate education have negative population growth (in other words population shrinkage)... nations with inadequate education have population growth as high as 3.5%
And for the idiots who have no logic at all: That means that a solution would be to educate everyone...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6656|Brisbane, Australia

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

The answer is obvious:

Soylent Green
WOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahha a couple of days ago my english teacher told me about that movie XD

@ China

If they continue aborting girls, its going to be like the smurfs! Only one female, now that i think about it, that was a dirty show

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-02-21 22:21:34)

Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yup that's excatly why and they wouldn't abort the baby, they would hide the pregnancy and bind the childrens feet and drown them at the river. But that was back in the day but I belive the stats are 8 men to every 1 woman, all so they didn't have to pay a dowerly(spelling).
Exactly. I doubt there are/were many abortion facilities around.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

ComradeWho wrote:

seriously guys
I am with this guy. educate the people and they will find other ways to entertain themselves instead of f****** around like rabbits.

the sad reality is that those who cannot be fed will indeed starve. that is already common in africa, where tenths of thousands of people die each year simply because they cannot be fed. It is a self-regulatory process that is inherent to nature.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
bird flu will kill a lot of ppl
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Erkut.hv
+124|6736|California
If guys kept their cocks in their pants, and broads kept their legs closed, you wouldn't have:

Overpopulation
AIDS Epidemic
Starvation

Instead of screwing all the time, amybe concentrate on learnin ghow to read and write, and quit blaming everybody else for your woes.

Self-accounatbility is the problem. The world bails everybody out all the time regardless of why they are in the predicament they are in.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6659| United States of America

the_heart_attack wrote:

holy shit no it is like 6,000,000,000 (6 Billion)
maef
+67|6684|Tulln, Austria

tvmissleman wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

holy shit no it is like 6,000,000,000 (6 Billion)
ermm... i think he was joking

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard