usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

Stags wrote:

Because support gunners make easy targets, immobile and slow.  The support is too accurate, it should be reduced.  The L96 isn't any better than the M24 or M95, yes it is the best of both worlds but it isn't going to run the game.

I don't mind getting killed by support if they're prone or croching at least, but when I'm sniping and I see him standing and get killed by him, I'm sorry what that just a lot of BS?
I will agree it is BS, but I sure as hell enjoy doing it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

Stags wrote:

Because support gunners make easy targets, immobile and slow.  The support is too accurate, it should be reduced.  The L96 isn't any better than the M24 or M95, yes it is the best of both worlds but it isn't going to run the game.

I don't mind getting killed by support if they're prone or croching at least, but when I'm sniping and I see him standing and get killed by him, I'm sorry what that just a lot of BS?
However, somone wrote a sniper guide saying the sniper rifle has the same accuracy no matter what position you are in.  So if this is true, that is BS also.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6753|Vermont

usmarine2005 wrote:

However, somone wrote a sniper guide saying the sniper rifle has the same accuracy no matter what position you are in.  So if this is true, that is BS also.
That's not true.  There are stance modifiers for rifles, but the deviation is so low to begin with that doubling it doesn't have much of an effect.  As for the PKM, I have been enjoying it's newfound accuracy (and also been on the receiving end of other people's enjoyment ) but I don't think it is ridiculously accurate.  A lot of people are calling for support guns to be returned to their 1.12 state.  Perhaps a compromise is in order.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2006-02-20 22:37:51)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6718|Antarctica

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Too see how many ppl play support now, say "requesting ammo" via the commo rose and see how many dots light up.  Before 1.2 I would usually see 2-3 on average, now I can get as many as 12.
But yet, you can't get any ammo
Hehe so true, so true..
d3x74
+14|6659|NY

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Too see how many ppl play support now, say "requesting ammo" via the commo rose and see how many dots light up.  Before 1.2 I would usually see 2-3 on average, now I can get as many as 12.
But yet, you can't get any ammo
You need to chase after them, totting your pistol at them like Yosemite Sam.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6794

support was under-powered before.  i like the fact that the pkm owns now because otherwise there's not really any reason to play support.  ammo bags??? come on! 

plus support is very vulnerable to armor and the fact that you have to lay prone to fire effectively makes you sitting duck for snipers. 

conclusion: pkm does own but support doesn't.  better balance to the kits now.  bravo DICE
airborne916
+24|6678

Stags wrote:

no because the range malse up for the slow, so it is blanced. I can never keep up with my squad, so the pmk gives me a reason to play because of the range. Other than that what reason do i have to play it? I always have go prone to shoot ALWAYS, unless he is like 30m's in front o me. I can shoot from crouch and hit him one time out of 5 rounds, and  still cant hit shit standing up at 30m's.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-02-20 23:04:11)

Ghosty
+3|6685|Leicester,UK
<expanding on the post above>
Can everyone remember the problem EA/Dice had in BF: Vietnam (taboo game) everyone used to run around then with the M60 (support wep)...... history repeating itself with the PKM.

=[4th]=SlayThem - love the sig!

Last edited by Ghosty (2006-02-20 23:33:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard