AknaMih
+2|6743|Finland

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

i wouldn't really blame the guy.. after tryin to get your expert repair badge.. for 100's of times.. it can get frustratin and thats your last resort...
If you can't get the badge without statpadding, you shouldn't have it. If a badge is practically impossible to earn in a legitimate way, I really don't consider it to be a merit to the player who has it. I didn't bother to get even the veteran repair badge, because 1) it was boring 2) when tryin to get it, i really wasn't an asset to my team 3) repair badges don't actually tell anything about one's skill as an engineer.
number901
+1|6693|uk

AknaMih wrote:

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

i wouldn't really blame the guy.. after tryin to get your expert repair badge.. for 100's of times.. it can get frustratin and thats your last resort...
If you can't get the badge without statpadding, you shouldn't have it. If a badge is practically impossible to earn in a legitimate way, I really don't consider it to be a merit to the player who has it. I didn't bother to get even the veteran repair badge, because 1) it was boring 2) when tryin to get it, i really wasn't an asset to my team 3) repair badges don't actually tell anything about one's skill as an engineer.
i hear you on your no.2 , theres no team benifit to getting some of the badges , you have to become a very selfish player to earn them
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6852
25 repair points is impossible without doing some sort of stat padding. I don't blame the guy.
15 repair points for the vet badge took me the whole round doing it legitimately. It's rediculous.
Pizall
+0|6745|N.C.
All of yall are a bunch of retards dee dee dee!

Yall are as bad as a bunch of 3rd graders going to tell their mommy what so and so did.

It people like yall that I get tired of playing this game everyone is a whinner.

Last edited by Pizall (2006-02-20 15:34:01)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6759|United States

bob_baur wrote:

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

explain this to me... how is he getting repair points ?
Is he repairing the carrier or what ?...
I agree how can he be stat padding the boat, there looks to be only one man in the boat and no other boats. Is a stupid stat padder, thinking he can repair his own boat and get points for it, or am I missing something here?
Ok lets see.

If you flip a boat, it takes damage.

If your engineer, you can repair that damage.

Since it's flipped, and your repairing it, it take infinite damage.

Hence, infinite repair points.

And EA can wipe your stats for doing it.  So don't do it
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6759|United States

section9 wrote:

Hey Bert10099 I'd hate to point this out but if somebody wanted to they could report you for posting the screenies of a well known exploit.I could be wrong tho.
Whats the difference between seeing it in a screenshot, and seeing it in the game?
section9
+9|6866|USA
By showing people the screenie you show them how to do the exploit.sending ea the screenies is 1 thing and public posting is another.I don't know.but don't worry I'm not going to turn you in.

Last edited by section9 (2006-02-20 15:59:17)

HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6701|The Lou
repair points........ honestly how many of those can you get in a round? that sounds boring and stupid
dh124289
Anything but what it is now!
+11|6695
Leave them alone for your own sake... let me explain!

I once found two guys stat padding in an upturned boat... they had flipped it at the carrier lower spawn point, and were stat padding in
plain few of everyone spawning there.

I tried to C4 the boat to piss them off and 5 x simultaneous C4s didn't even blow it up! May'be because they were repairing it from underneath as I tried to blow it up.

Obviously I had a couple of  points deducted for team vehicle damage so I wandered off, leaving them to it. But here's the shit... there must be a bug in the game because I was punished for all the damage inflicted on the upturned boat caused by it being upturned, for the rest of the round! Ended up with -125 team score for that round. Have never been so pissed off with this game!!

To this day I still don't know what happened. I'm guessing that the game designers never coded for that sort of gameplay, so that engine doesn't know how to handle it and just kept punishing me for the damage.
AdamEcks
+1|6721|Canada, Eh.

dh124289 wrote:

Leave them alone for your own sake... let me explain!

I once found two guys stat padding in an upturned boat... they had flipped it at the carrier lower spawn point, and were stat padding in
plain few of everyone spawning there.

I tried to C4 the boat to piss them off and 5 x simultaneous C4s didn't even blow it up! May'be because they were repairing it from underneath as I tried to blow it up.

Obviously I had a couple of  points deducted for team vehicle damage so I wandered off, leaving them to it. But here's the shit... there must be a bug in the game because I was punished for all the damage inflicted on the upturned boat caused by it being upturned, for the rest of the round! Ended up with -125 team score for that round. Have never been so pissed off with this game!!

To this day I still don't know what happened. I'm guessing that the game designers never coded for that sort of gameplay, so that engine doesn't know how to handle it and just kept punishing me for the damage.
Haha, that's awesome. Luckily you don't actually lose points and just end up with 0 for the round.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6828|Marathon, Florida Keys
you get about 2 points every minuite, how the fuck is that padding, i can get a better score playing regular
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Pizall
+0|6745|N.C.

Rutnab wrote:

go go gadget dumbass
god people who waste their time trying to punish stat padders piss me off
I agree 100% with you. STOP the whinying and play the damb game you Lazy fuck that dont have nothing elese better to do!
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6774|United States of America

k30dxedle wrote:

Methinks he's in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th seat repairing his own boat. I don't know if you get points for repairing your own vehicle though...
You do, I have repaired boats full of people when i was sitting in it and thats how i got my vet repair
Mr.kodak
+-1|6689

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

you get about 2 points every minuite, how the fuck is that padding, i can get a better score playing regular
If you were to do that boat exploit for points, ur a idiot.... Most people do it just for the repiar badge... And some people enjoy the fact seeing there badges in gold and silver, some of you dont so stop complaining. The expert repair badge would be tooo hard to get legit and if you where to get it, it would be everything set up and once in a blue moon.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6731|Wherever the F**k i feel like
QUIT FUCKING BITCHIN. IT A GAME. You pay fifty fucking buck for a fuckin game. let them play however the fuck they want. I work hard for my points, but if he wants to pad let him fuckin pad. its his game and he paid for it
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6698

bob_baur wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Who the fack cares ?
last edited by jonny(i can't spell)kill: Who the 'fuck' cares
Oh my fecking god thanks for pointing that fooking shit out bro .
Now I can live the rest of my fooking life knowing how to correctly spell 'fuck' .
Facking awsome man ! I farking owe you one - beers on me !
Shin_Seffron
+2|6672

dh124289 wrote:

I think the reason for why you got the damage points is because theres some kind of 'last person to hit' thing going on in BF2, ive recently noticed that if you see a helicopter pilot about to crash, and can fire a shot at them beforehand, it registers you as the cause of death, thus giving you the points, and as he didnt die all the damage was considered your "fault"

hope this helps
Pizall
+0|6745|N.C.

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

QUIT FUCKING BITCHIN. IT A GAME. You pay fifty fucking buck for a fuckin game. let them play however the fuck they want. I work hard for my points, but if he wants to pad let him fuckin pad. its his game and he paid for it
AMEN brother!
StickyBombs
+8|6776|Sacramento, CA (USA)
Why does everybody get so pissed about small stuff like that.  Who really cares honestly.  I know I have earned all of my badges and points honestly...so I am content with that.  People are bound to cheat.  It's going to chappen.  Getting all pissed about is going to solve nothing.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6828|NÃ¥rvei

I see no problems with this, its totally legit to repair a boat this way and i`ve seen plenty do it - i have yet to try it myself but i can see myself doing it in the future if thats the last solution for getting a medal or badge i`ve else been working hard to get.

Obviously i would feel it wrong for myself if out of a thousand points needed to get the Meritorious Service Medal i would boatpad all 1000 - that would be a waste. But to top of the score to get the required 25 for expert i would not mind !

And mind u all, witch game in computerhistory haven`t been exploited in any way possible, thats why we report bugs !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Deety
Grammar Nazi level 4
+5|6682

jonnykill wrote:

bob_baur wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Who the fack cares ?
last edited by jonny(i can't spell)kill: Who the 'fuck' cares
Oh my fecking god thanks for pointing that fooking shit out bro .
Now I can live the rest of my fooking life knowing how to correctly spell 'fuck' .
Facking awsome man ! I farking owe you one - beers on me !
Feck! Arse! Girls! Drink!

Sorry, did I go OT for a moment...?
JimKong
+31|6661|Ohio
The only time I got pissed over a padder was when I was held down by a kmife/revive duo and had to disconnect. I took screenshots and reported the guy (Archvile4life) and nothing happened. People like the boat engy don't hurt anyone else's gameplay. Just shut up about padders and stop ruining the game for other people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard