FathomsDown
+19|6657|England

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

The patch will be 10 bones, which is roughly a bottle of wine....a combo meal and poppers at arby's....4 gallons of gas....for hours and hours of entertainment!
You can just about get a Starbucks in London for that so yes, I'm getting it.
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6651|Karkand Street

ShotYourSix wrote:

Atlas wrote:

It is unfortunate that society has produced suckers like yourself. While you're sending your money to EA send $10 to my paypal account and I'll give you a pat on the back.
I blow $10 out of my ass everytime I take a shit.....why don't you send me a cup, I'll fill it up for you

(sorry dude,  but it's very hard for me to take you seriously)
Should i say Atlas was pwned ?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6671|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sweetmate wrote:

I was stoked,...then I found out its 32 player only. Which suggests the server can be no more than 32 slots. All the servers i play on and my clan's server are set to between 40 and 50 players. Theres no way they are going to change their slots to 32 because of Euro Forces. This pattern will be repeated across the community, so euro force will be found initially on a handful of Official servers and then after a month or so it will dissapear just like SF.
Not sure if any body has beat me to it, or if anybody knows better please tell me...

EA/DICE have withdrawn support of 64 player servers and maps for Euroforce ONLY... You may well find 64 people on a euroforce server BUT it will probably be more buggy than most servers...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
fuzzyballs44
+3|6715|Coeur D' Alene, ID

[NER]Zento wrote:

ShotYourSix wrote:

Atlas wrote:

It is unfortunate that society has produced suckers like yourself. While you're sending your money to EA send $10 to my paypal account and I'll give you a pat on the back.
I blow $10 out of my ass everytime I take a shit.....why don't you send me a cup, I'll fill it up for you

(sorry dude,  but it's very hard for me to take you seriously)
Should i say Atlas was pwned ?
LOL...I think that is worthy.....I am seriously stoked about the new levels...hopefully there will be something that can rival Karkand so there is more variety.  I like Karkand because it is seriously team oriented urban combat...get into the blood and sweat of your squad and battle for some CP's.  I can't believe everyone is so worried about the 10 bones, I could understand if EA was charging like 30 or 40, but we have to remember that they are a business, and the 50 for the original would only cover their gross margin for so long.  They are in this to make money and as long as they are doing that they will work for us in smoothing things out and  making our gaming better, but we all have to remember that they need our support as well to accomplish these things
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6671|NT, like Mick Dundee

Uhh... I heard a rumor on a Gamearena server but here down under we will be paying ALOT more than $10US... $50Aus which is about $22-$27 US (I think... not to accurate though).
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
underfalseflAg
+0|6769
finally .. i got german heavy metal to crush your bones....i mean the leopard2 A6 is the best tank in the world...referring to german tankbuilding tradition...and as in real life i had the pleasure to be a gunner on leopard 2A4...and it is a phat feeling to fire its 120mm gun...
fuzzyballs44
+3|6715|Coeur D' Alene, ID
Yep the euro boys will need all the help you can get ;-) hahahah....M1A2 can roll over it with the right operator....the machine is limited to what it can through its maker while the operator has never ending horizons as long as he/she is willing to learn and hone his/her skillls....there needs to be an all out Tournament...US AGAINST EURO with a good grand prize and everything, all out WW....how cool would that be?
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6743|yorkshire penisula
gotta say im looking forward to it,being from europe i wouldnt wanna miss it!
not too impressed at the no 64 player thing but at least in 32 player servers its not so chaotic.
i enjoyed SF and im gunna enjoy EF.think its a shame they are charging for it and all that but i work full time and have 700hrs in vannila so it'll be awesum havin new vehicles and guns to play with!BRING IT ON!!!!!
Chowley
+1|6692|Ireland
There is 64 player support, someone checked files that came with 1.2 patch. Great Wall and one other map are 64 player, its only one map that is max 32.
bingobones
+6|6731|London, UK
anyone know exactly when it is available for download in the UK?
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6847|UK

ShotYourSix wrote:

Atlas wrote:

I don't feel like putting any more money into it for the level of service I am getting.
So let me get this straight.......

Your cost per hour given $50 for the base package is around 10c per hour, you've played over 400 hours and nearly 25 hours in the last week alone, yet you feel ripped off by the service you are getting?  Good god man have you never spent $10 to see a bad movie?  Thats $5.00 an hour wasted for one night (if you bought popcorn make that $10.00) versus .10c an hour over 6 months give or take.  Would you spend as much time on a board bitching about the movie as you will bitching about a game?  I doubt it.  Just do the math and tell me where the value per dollar lies....

I don't know about you but anything that costs me $50 and provides me with well over 400 hours of entertainment is a resounding success.  Maybe it's just me but I think our society has produced a lot of whiney little bitches that will never be satisified bar nothing ( I dont necessarily mean you but the community in general...).

Go ahead and take a hike if you like but given the fact that this game has entertained you now for over 400+ hours I dare you to find a better game currently on the market that will satisfy your gaming hunger......

Just my .02
Thats one of the finest comments i have read regarding costs for money !!
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6847|UK

fdcp_elmo wrote:

1 day left of playing BF2 before I keep it in its box.
going to mis you all :'(
but I made my point I quit playing BF2 as soon as EA expands the game again (for money of course).
now I need to find another community and game. snif snif
We will really miss you
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6850|Bryan/College Station, TX
I only have one wish for Euro Force Booster.

That the maps don't suck like the maps in BF2:SF suck.

Of all the maps in SF only 3 come to mind as good.

So that's what I'm looking forward to. Good Maps.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
bingobones
+6|6731|London, UK

kilroy0097 wrote:

what r the 3? warlord, ghost town and what?
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6740|cairns australia
http://www.eaplay.com/australia/                      see timer , hope that means we are getting it 1st

Last edited by pokerplaya (2006-02-20 06:03:47)

pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6740|cairns australia
hello anybody?4 minutes left?

Last edited by pokerplaya (2006-02-20 06:33:42)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6850|Bryan/College Station, TX

bingobones wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

what r the 3? warlord, ghost town and what?
Mass Destruction.

Surge and Leviathan are possible but they are only good if both teams are matched and working with teamwork. Otherwise it's just chaos and crap.

The rest are crap regardless of teams.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6786|Hamburg
JIPPIE!!!!!
Cant wait to fly MY (!) Eurofighter T1!!!
Its like a dream come true! Even with the patch i will fly it the next couple of weeks.

btw: the sound will be all english with various european dialekt....it will be funny to hear it^^
MightyMet
+2|6685|Tacoma, WA
It still amazes me that there are people out there that think EA is some kind of charity.  It's called capitalism.  They are in the business of making money.  Not giving things away for free.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  That’s your right as a consumer.  It's also our right to buy it.  That's how consumerism works.  However calling everyone else suckers or whatever is nothing more then childish and ignorant.

I for one will buy and download Euro Force as soon as it's available.  Does anyone know what time on Tuesday they will make it available?  I'm hoping for a midnight release.    Yeah right!  I will only have Tuesday to play it before I leave to get married so I want to get it downloaded ASAP.
Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6786|Hamburg

MightyMet wrote:

It still amazes me that there are people out there that think EA is some kind of charity.  It's called capitalism.  They are in the business of making money.  Not giving things away for free.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  That’s your right as a consumer.  It's also our right to buy it.  That's how consumerism works.  However calling everyone else suckers or whatever is nothing more then childish and ignorant.

I for one will buy and download Euro Force as soon as it's available.  Does anyone know what time on Tuesday they will make it available?  I'm hoping for a midnight release.    Yeah right!  I will only have Tuesday to play it before I leave to get married so I want to get it downloaded ASAP.
Say good bye to freedom^^....just joking...gratz!!! Remember the good old times
Mandoscottie
+1|6843|Kirriemuir, NE Scotland
Dont mean to put a dampner on the euroforce expansion but im afraid were not getting it tommorrow

We now have to wait till after the release of the 1.21 patch waaaaaah!!!! noooooooooooooooo!

We wont see it until march now!!

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_022006

Quote from Battlefield 2 Site

Patch 1.21 (coming soon) will be tested in a limited beta with select Battlefield community members starting as early as this week. We’re doing this to ensure a clean release of 1.21. In addition, we have decided to postpone the Euro Force Booster Pack until sometime after the release of the updated 1.21 patch.

Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6678
*Notice*
"Don't Shoot The Messenger"

Euro has been pushed back again:
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_022006
MightyMet
+2|6685|Tacoma, WA
Well, it looks like all the whining about the whiners whining that caused the changes in the 1.2 patch has caused EA to create a new 1.21 patch and delay Euro Force again.  We will now all be looking forward to the 1.21 patch whiners whining about the whiners who whined about the 1.2 patch who were whining about the whiners from the previous patch.  Whew!

Damn it!!  Now you've got me whining!! 
TC><Injecter
+4|6834|Berlin, Germany
And we have to wait for it AGAIN.... Because of 1.21 .... *zorg*
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6725|Las Vegas
Hey look on the bright side, although EA/DICE have released a somewhat buggy patch at least they are commited to working out these issues as quickly as possible. The fact that they are willing to postpone a new revenue stream (Euroforce) indicates that they are serious about resolving these issues rather than just getting on to the next quick buck.

I don't know if any of you remember the way EA handled issues in Need for Speed: Underground but IMHO it was pathetic.  The amount of commitment and attention they seem to be giving to BF2 gives me more faith in the company than I have ever had.  I used to hate EA with a passion.  Lately I'm actually starting to respect them a bit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard