sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6664|Arlington, MA
So after our new patch here 1.2 im talking about they added that UAV plane correct? yes of corse I am now how come (these being planes with engines and perulsion) can u not be able to lock onto them with plane missiles or AA missiles to shoot them down? I mean they are planes after all and have heat coming out of them just as much as any other Helo maybe not as much as a jet though.
AdamEcks
+1|6710|Canada, Eh.
Just because you see it doesn't mean it's in range.
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6664|Arlington, MA
buddy i went rite by it with out so much as a box apering around it
Boomerjinks
+301|6802|Denver, CO
They also use low-observables technology...so if you really want a real-life excuse as to why you can't lock on to it, it's because of stealth.

But seriously...does it matter?
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6664|Arlington, MA
yeh it does matter cause i dont like enamy UAV's though apparently u do? and low-observables tech lol wtf r u talking about. OK there are a few things wronge about that. The low-observables tech as you call it is against Radar NOT PLANES THAT R SUM 100 METERS AWAY god i could lock onto that with a rock while i stood ontop of a crane or w/e.
BrentBach
+0|6686|West Lafayette IN
They don't run on jet engines which put out lots of heat they run on small prop engines which from what I just read about them are about 750cc to about a 1000cc engines so they aren't going to give off much heat which is what the AA missles are locking on and since the AA is looking for the heat of a jet engine not the little bit of heat from a small prop engine it isn't going to find anything to lock onto
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6664|Arlington, MA
i understand its not a jet engine but i t still makes heat and again do the helo's fly by jet engines? NO yet u can still lock on of corse they r not spy planes eather.  but in real life if a plane was 10 meters away from the plane it could lock on
l41e
+677|6655

It's not real life. I think you can still shoot at them with AA: even though the battery won't show a lock, you might have one.
BrentBach
+0|6686|West Lafayette IN
helos use jet engines just not the same as a jet airplane and both of those put out alot more heat that a 750cc engine does and like I said before the AA are made to lock onto the heat of a jet engine the uav engine would be giving of heat like a car engine or less so to the AA there would be anything there because the heat is so much less no you could shot at it without a lock and when it gets close to it it might pick up the heat of the engine and lock on but it isn't going to have enough heat coming off of the engine for the site itself to pick it up
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6681|Canada Eh?
considering we couldnt see them before, does it mather how easy it is to destroy them? Sure its a nifty feature, but not needed as we went a longtime without it.
casse_de_poil
+1|6760|Canada
...being able to down the UAV kinda would defeat the purpose of having a UAV in the first place.
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6664|Arlington, MA

casse_de_poil wrote:

...being able to down the UAV kinda would defeat the purpose of having a UAV in the first place.
not rlly in karkand and this is jsut a way to defend home bases say the carrior? with the AA gun and when ever they wanna base rape its a way to stop the UAV from helping them.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6652|Camoran's Paradise
being able to down a UAV with AA would take some of the fun out of the game.  and here's a hint: a PKM works wonders on a UAV.  ive done it.  quit whining
jimbo21
+11|6659
blow the trailer and u won't have to worry about how to knock it down
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6664|Arlington, MA

jimbo21 wrote:

blow the trailer and u won't have to worry about how to knock it down
agreed and to the other guy i do use PKM's
DeadJim
+19|6755|Valencia, California

sniper2191 wrote:

i understand its not a jet engine but i t still makes heat and again do the helo's fly by jet engines? NO yet u can still lock on of corse they r not spy planes eather.  but in real life if a plane was 10 meters away from the plane it could lock on
Actually, the Helos do utilize turbine engine technology - just not for thrust in the traditional 'jet' sence.  They put out quite a bit of heat.  Take a look at one next time, see those big intake and exhaust vents?

The UAV's, if based on a predator, would put out less heat than a jeep - god knows we don't want AA's locking onto Jeeps.

Please note: The reason I didn't google heat signatures on all vehicle classes available in the game is well....becuase its just that, a game....  Irrespectively, the fact that a UAV doesn't generate weapons lock on AA hardware is quite accurate.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6743|200m out and smiling at you.
or just jump into a FAV or hummer/vodnik/NJ
vidaan
+0|6680|Australia
i generally dont bother trying to shoot the UAV down. as far as im concerned the 1.2 patch did ME a favour in this instance, allowing me to tell when im on a UAV scan. whether or not you can actually hit it doesnt matter if you can guess its scan range and stay clear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard