=HIT=Punisher
+0|6644
Just wondering about unlocks and when you should get them?? I am a master Sgt. and still need 2 unlocks, but I see peeps at the next rank have them all?? Did I miss an unlock or do you get 2 at the next level? Thanx in advance for your help!
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6777
Well, your obviously a noob here. (2 hints: you regisered on the 19th and you posted this 3 times.)
Go to UBAR, that should answer your question. Oh yeah, use the serch.....it will save alotta people yellin at ya.

Good Luck,
Tuff
[7E]ToJo
+0|6849|Indiana
I am interested in this myself. I know without expansion you get one at each rank specified in UBAR but if you have SF does it just become 2 at each or is it done differently to get to the 14 unlocks?
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
if u buy SF u get 2 free unlocks
[bpuk]jack
+58|6649

[7E]ToJo wrote:

I am interested in this myself. I know without expansion you get one at each rank specified in UBAR but if you have SF does it just become 2 at each or is it done differently to get to the 14 unlocks?
if you buy SF then after each rank advancement after the install and initial two unlocks then it is two unlocks per rank...i found this out too late and got sgt about 3 hours b4 i installed SF  :-/
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA

bennisboy wrote:

I have been afraid to ask this myself for fear of getting yelled at but I guess I'll just ask anyway.  Yes, I have looked thru UBAR and WIKI and used SEARCH.  The only thing I can find in Wiki under unlocks is what weapons you can unlock not when and how many unlocks you get.  In the Ubar it only says "Unlock Available" for each rank, not how many or the difference between having SF and not SF.  If that's in there someplace please point me in that direction.  If it's not maybe someone should add it.

Anyway, I got BF2 and SF at about the same time and installed them pretty much one right after another.  I don't recall getting any free unlocks for SF when I installed it.  I'm currently only a Corporal but have 4 unlocks.  Does that sound right?  I got one when I reached Lance Corporal, and 1 when I reached Corporal.  Then I did seem to randomly get two unlocks later on but from reading in the forum I thought those were the two unlocks that everyone got due to some kind of testing or bug or something.

Am I missing something?
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
actually that might be it, although i didnt get them...
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6708|Germany

MightyMet wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

I have been afraid to ask this myself for fear of getting yelled at but I guess I'll just ask anyway.  Yes, I have looked thru UBAR and WIKI and used SEARCH.  The only thing I can find in Wiki under unlocks is what weapons you can unlock not when and how many unlocks you get.  In the Ubar it only says "Unlock Available" for each rank, not how many or the difference between having SF and not SF.  If that's in there someplace please point me in that direction.  If it's not maybe someone should add it.

Anyway, I got BF2 and SF at about the same time and installed them pretty much one right after another.  I don't recall getting any free unlocks for SF when I installed it.  I'm currently only a Corporal but have 4 unlocks.  Does that sound right?  I got one when I reached Lance Corporal, and 1 when I reached Corporal.  Then I did seem to randomly get two unlocks later on but from reading in the forum I thought those were the two unlocks that everyone got due to some kind of testing or bug or something.

Am I missing something?
Yes you are missing something.

In vanilla BF2, the Corporal has only 2 unlocks. If you have SF, this makes it 4. When SF was available, there used to be 2 unlocks less (Sniper and AT) so all people got free unlocks after starting at Sergeant. With patch 1.2 the 2 missing unlocks are available so each owner of SF receives 2 unlocks instead of only 1.
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA

BEE_Grim_Reaper wrote:

In vanilla BF2, the Corporal has only 2 unlocks. If you have SF, this makes it 4. When SF was available, there used to be 2 unlocks less (Sniper and AT) so all people got free unlocks after starting at Sergeant. With patch 1.2 the 2 missing unlocks are available so each owner of SF receives 2 unlocks instead of only 1.
Forgive me if I'm a bit slow so does that mean I should actually have 6 total or 5?  And if so do you have any idea how I would go about getting the ones I'm missing?  Please forgive my ignorance.
kruelo14
+0|6842
I have a question... Do I have to have SF to get the L96A1 cause I really want that gun,and the Mg36.
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6708|Germany

kruelo14 wrote:

I have a question... Do I have to have SF to get the L96A1 cause I really want that gun,and the Mg36.
Yes, MG36 and L96A1 are SF unlocks.... So you need SF to get them
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6708|Germany

MightyMet wrote:

BEE_Grim_Reaper wrote:

Forgive me if I'm a bit slow so does that mean I should actually have 6 total or 5?  And if so do you have any idea how I would go about getting the ones I'm missing?  Please forgive my ignorance.
As you own SF and hold the rank of Corporal currently, you have 4 unlocks in total... 2 from BF2, 2 from SF. If you want to have more unlock, you need to attain the rank of Sergeant, which will give you 2 more unlocks, one for BF2, one for SF.

In the pre-1.2-patch time, you would have gotten the first SF unlocks with Sergeant, now you get them with Lance Corporal. Look at the list :

Pre-1.2 (12 unlocks available)

Private: 0 Unlocks 0 Total unlocks
Private First Class: 0 Unlocks 0 Total cumulative unlocks
Lance Corporal: 1 Unlock BF2, 0 Unlocks SF, 1 Total cumulative unlock (1 BF2/0SF)
Corporal: 1 Unlock BF2, 0 Unlocks SF, 2 Total cumulative unlocks (2 BF2/0SF)
Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 4 Total cumulative unlocks (3 BF2/1SF)
Staff Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 6 Total cumulative unlocks (4 BF2/2SF)
Gunnery Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 8 Total cumulative unlocks (5 BF2/3SF)
Master Sergeant/First Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 10 Total cumulative unlocks (6 BF2/4SF)
Master Gunnery Sergeant/Sergeant Major: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 12 Total cumulative unlocks (7 BF2/5SF)

Post-1.2 (14 unlocks available)

Private: 0 Unlocks 0 Total unlocks
Private First Class: 0 Unlocks 0 Total cumulative unlocks
Lance Corporal: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlock SF, 2 Total cumulative unlock (1 BF2/1SF)
Corporal: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 4 Total cumulative unlocks (2 BF2/2SF)
Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 6 Total cumulative unlocks (3 BF2/3SF)
Staff Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 8 Total cumulative unlocks (4 BF2/4SF)
Gunnery Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 10 Total cumulative unlocks (5 BF2/5SF)
Master Sergeant/First Sergeant: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 12 Total cumulative unlocks (6 BF2/6SF)
Master Gunnery Sergeant/Sergeant Major: 1 Unlock BF2, 1 Unlocks SF, 14 Total cumulative unlocks (7 BF2/7SF)

By changing from 1.12 to 1.2, you where eligible to 2 more unlocks because 2 more where available in total. That is why you got 2 more unlocks without promotion because those where the ones you would have gotten those 2 earlier ranks. Since you spent them already, they are gone. You have 4 Unlocks as Corporal and these are the number unlocks you should have. No more, no less... with patch 1.12 would only would have had 2 in total. The next unlocks will be available to you if you exceed the 2500 Global Points mark.
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA
That's awesome BEE_Grim_Reaper!  Thanks for the awesome response!  Much more clear now.  Someone should add this to the Wiki because it's really not spelled out like this anywhere that I have found.
McBondi
+0|6648
Nice answer, just noticed that I'm not missing the 2 "free" unlocks after all if this is correct. Thanks, and respect.
Dr0pped
+8|6756|Ontario, Canada
To BEE_Grim_Reaper:

I notice that you indicate an unlock for the master sergeant/first sergeant rank, yet UBAR does not indicate that. UBAR shows only an unlock for the master sergeant, and NOT for first sergeant. I did not rceive any  unlocks (yes, I have SF) when I attained first sergeant and I don't understand the rationale for that. After all, the requirements are a bit more extensive than for master.... Any thoughts? Anyone? Or am I just missing the obvious somewhere?

Last edited by Dr0pped (2006-02-21 10:14:52)

Nitro3093
+0|6669
I don’t have SF yet. I am a Staff Sergeant in BF2 so does that mean I forfeit any previous unlocks if I get SF?
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country
To BEE_Grim_Reaper:

Good on you for taking the time to help someone out and not flame them....should be more like you.

Well done mate!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard