T.Frassini
+0|6722|Brazil
Well guys, I posted a few days ago, but, even with some replies, this question is still driving me crazy.

I'm currently ranked "Colonel". If you guys check my stats(the ingame nick is the same on the post) you'll notice that I'll need another 28,000 points to advance to my next rank. This is what is haunting me. On UBAR, it says:

Brigadier General:
Score: 180,000
Awards: Expert Armor Badge, Expert Transport Badge, Expert Helicopter Badge, Expert Aviator Badge, Expert Air Defense Badge, Expert Ground Defense Badge

Up to this point, no problems. Next is my nightmare:

Major General:
Score: 180,000
Awards: Expert Knife Combat Badge, Expert Pistol Combat Badge, Expert Assault Combat Badge, Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge, Expert Sniper Combat Badge, Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge, Expert Support Combat Badge, Expert Engineer Combat Badge, Expert Medic Combat Badge

If you checked my stats, you'll see that I have ALL expert combat badges. The problem is, for me, to advance to Major General, I need Brigadier General, but I don't have any vehicle badge on the expert level. I prefer playing the infantry role. How can it be? Two ranks with the same points requirements, BUT different previous rank requirement. You guys think it's a typo? It's impossible to have 400 armor hours without making a TON of points, which I can't, if the rank requirements are correct. Please, if anyone can erase this question from my head, will have my eternal gratitude.
WooT_Stolpskott
+1|6737|Sweden
you must have expert armor and so on first
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6704|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
you can't rank up until you get the badges so if you get the expert vehicle badges after the poins you can still rnak up, but you will geet major general as well because you alreaddy have the requirements
SpartanXZ1
+1|6758
o well tht sux, i like infantry role and i am hopeless at vehicles
yoohoo313131
+1|6699
I posted this about a week ago.

Below are the requirements. Read below the reqs and youll see why its even more impossible.

RANK_18 - Brigadier General
180,000 Global Score
All Expert Vehicle Badges (Expert Armor Badge, Expert Transport Badge, Expert Helicopter Badge, Expert Aviator Badge, Expert Air Defense Badge, Expert Ground Defense Badge)

RANK_19 - Major General
180,000 Global Score
All Expert Combat Badges (Expert Knife Combat Badge, Expert Pistol Combat Badge, Expert Assault Combat Badge, Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge, Expert Sniper Combat Badge, Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge, Expert Support Combat Badge, Expert Engineer Combat Badge, Expert Medic Combat Badge)

RANK_20 - Lieutnant General
200,000 Global Score

RANK_21 - General
200,000 Global Score
Awarded monthly to the highest ranked player at the time

The requirements for Brig are 1400 hours in the vehicles. By the time you get the required hours, youll have way more than 200,000 points. Youll also have all of your Expert combat badges. There are guys with way less points who have all the Expert Combat badges. The Expert combat badges are way easier than the 1400 hours in vehicles. When I got my last Expert Combat badge, I think I had like 120,000.

With that said. The day comes that JoeSchmo gets 1400 hours in the vehicles....he gets promoted to Brig General, then since he has the requirements for Major General, after his next kill, he gets promoted again. Then since he has the requirements for Lieutnant general, after his next kill, he gets promoted again.

There doesnt seem any way to be a Brig General or Major General for more than 1 kill later. Does this make sense?
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6693|Seattle
Ok, it's next to impossible to get general ranks ... it gives bf2 no-lifes something to work at.  Should the requirements for brigadier and major general be reversed?  Probably.  But does it really matter?  It's just one rank.
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6692|Enon
Time to start armor whoring
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6681|Colorado
its something like 1700 total hours of vehicle time,,,ouch.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6705|Germany
Yeah,the new requirements for the ranks definetely need some rethinking...
kruelo14
+0|6849
Esxoecially the 30,000 point gap between First Sergeant and Sergeant Major. it's going to to take me FOREVER when I actaully have a life and can't play this game everyday like EA wants me to.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
The only thing you can do if you want to get past colonel is sit in the corner of the map in a tank, etc. For 300 hours, looking at your stats. Yep, you're screwed. I'm afraid you're stuck as a colonel. All the 2nd lts from pre-patch are stuck as Colonel anyway, so I wouldnt worry.
rawls
Banned
+11|6823|California, USA
All it does is extend the life of the game. Its a great idea! Imagine all those medic/ karkand playing whores who now have to play different maps. All in all it is possible but not for another couple of months and not for me.itll take me years to reach the general(s) ranks. But I love this game so I begin my journey. Itll be fun.
Rugmonster
+1|6745
So you guys think there should be a whole bunch of three stars running around? Remember, this game is made to mirror real life. In the military, you typically have only a hand full of general officers (one through four stars). In the US Air Force, out of 300,000 active duty, you have about 24 four star generals. Do I think these requirements are outrageous? Nope, because you had better do some amazing stuff to get any of the general officer ranks.

Here's something to think about. Typically, military bases are run by either a Col (O-6 equivalent) or one star depending on the size of the base. That may seem like a lot of Col's and one stars, but not when you realize how many lower enlisted and officers are on that base. It's sort of like the whole Jedis running around everywhere in Star Wars Galaxies. It just wouldn't make sense if everyone were an officer and no one was enlisted.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard