SgtDraxx
+0|6806
Okay - you're flying down the road at top speed in your 20 ton tank, your juices are flowing and you can't wait to start hunting! All of a sudden an alarm sounds. A whiz and blam, you hear and feel that rocket slam into the side of your beautiful armoured machine. Now, if I personally fired that rocket at you, it will take at least 3 more until you die, maybe more.

But...more often than not, when its me driving the first or second rocket turns my metal beast into into molten slag.

What gives???

Now, I appreciate that the shoulder mounted rockets are not as strong as the ground mounted ones, but I am pretty sure its the shoulder ones are taking me out.

Is there a Tank "Head Shot"? I have experimented on empty maps, but have not found one. I did discover that on the MEC trucks, a direct shot at the tires only does 60% damage, while a middle of the side or an into the back will blow it to bits. I had assumed that the tracks or the under carrage was the vulnerable area, but maybe I don't know my tank facts. I sure don't seem to know the BF2 tricks either.

Any help you can share on Tanks, APC's and other vehicles would be appreciated.

SgtDraxx
dan500
+57|6840
I keep finding that a T-90 (MEC Tank) is taking my USMC tank out with only 4 hits where as i have hit the tank 4 times, and its still going O_o

AND I FIRED FIRST
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6798|The planet Tophet
on the chinesse one with the gas barels on the back hit the barrels it hates less shots
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6800|Lake Constanze, Germany
Hm, all i can say: no clue! I often got hit from 1 tank shell or 1 AT rocket, having no or minimal armor left!
I sometimes manage to need only 1 shell 2, but this happened about 5-6 times till now. Only in this cases i can ensure the enemy tank was "new".
I don't know for sure if there's a "hot spot"....good spots are always: the tracks, side, back and base plate (?undertray?).

Greetz,
Agent

PS: Just wondering: the total weight of a tank is about 60-70t 
Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6810
Ive heard that theres a glitch that if you shoot between the small space between the body and turret, its a 1 hit kill. Ive only done it a handful of times.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6830|government yard in trenchtown.
Remember that the one-shot-kill could have been a helo TV-missile fired from long way so you couldnt hear the chopper itself. Or a jet's one.

I don't know about the "weak parts", gonna test that body-turret glitch in single player.
[chu^2]GreatZen
+0|6789

Apocalypse416 wrote:

Ive heard that theres a glitch that if you shoot between the small space between the body and turret, its a 1 hit kill. Ive only done it a handful of times.
It's not a glitch. Virtually all tanks are most vulnerable between the turret and the body, however, it's exceedingly hard to hit that location in game (and the real world). I have never gotten a 1 hit kill on a turret joint hit, but I have gotten two hit kills (where only one hit the joint). Also, all the tanks are weaker on top of the turret (as in real life, also), and 3 shoulder rocket hits tp that area will blow up a tank (not just set it on fire so the guy can get out).
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
Speaking of hits to take out a tank. Question: Is the Missile that the APC fires a TOW missle? Or is it just a lame larger version of the AT Rocket? Because I swear it doesn't do as much damage as I would have thought a vehicle mounted TOW would do. The ground mount TOW installments seem to do more damg. Comments?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6831|Munich, Germany
i got the same problem.

when im AT its takes so many shots to kill that damn tank. but sitting in a tank i come around a cornerrr and the 1st AT guy takes away 50% of my health, i saw him disaapear behind a corner , and mostly the 2nd hit leave me with a beeping tank and i seldom mange to get out and into a safe distance before it blows up. i really have to practice that or maybe i jsut stick to the jet and blow him to bits that way

the TOW is normally a 1 hit killer if its well placed anywhere in the mid section. the rocket on the APC is weaker than the TOW and it takes 2 shots and some maingun fire to kill a tank and mostly he only needs 2 shells to kill the APC
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6830|A Small Isle in the Tropics

with a TOW, i have been able to take out an APC, frontal and ass-end shot. with an AT, mix results and a lot depends on where the shot is placed. with a tank shot, hardly ever knock anything out with a single shot, even APCs. that's my experience so far

then again, its probably the way i play..

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-09-18 04:02:57)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Tank versus Tank I can see one or the other getting destroyed first due to good shot placement.

But I don't care if you are the best APC Driver in the world. A Tank versus APC should not even be a comparison!
And yet I have been blown up by an APC before with a series of cannon shots and ONE well placed missile.

So I don't know what the hell is going on. Plus Helicopters should be ONE shot kills with the Main tank cannon. My personally belief. If a helicopter gets low enough for me to blow it out of the sky with a main tank it deserves to die.

But alas... *sigh*
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Col-Khadafi
+0|6789|Your Mom's House

dan500 wrote:

I keep finding that a T-90 (MEC Tank) is taking my USMC tank out with only 4 hits where as i have hit the tank 4 times, and its still going O_o

AND I FIRED FIRST
Pure Russian Efficiency :p

I have no clue how the tank hitboxes are spread out, but all i can say is aim for the turret and try and hit the same spot over and over.
[hLABS]DuCkY
+1|6783|Florida
Short answer... aim for the treads.

This may help :

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1746160
Faith +1
+1|6806|Arizona

[hLABS]DuCkY wrote:

This may help :

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … id=1746160
That was good info!

Aim for treads... aim for treads haha.
r00fus
+2|6784
if this was real you would want to aim for the top of the tank...and the javelin would pretty much destroy your armor in one shot.
Jdren18_2RB
+0|6830|England
well guys i may be able 2 enlighten, depending on where you hit depends on the dmage the weakest place in general is the tracks and the top rear of a tank (if a tank shots another tank a the grills on the top rear it does 15 out of 20 dmage
If an apc hits a tank at the reaer on the bottom (between the treads) it will do more damage than the tank hitting the apc on the hull.
so in general aim for the treads (clever advice)
dracul
+2|6800
hits to the front treads or low enough from either side to get under the guard plate do 52% damage.
Same thing to the rear (engine) deck.

So yeah, that means it takes about 2 hits to kill a tank if you know what you are doing.

The front tread thing does NOT work on the t-90 though. its the most durable tank.

Last edited by dracul (2005-09-23 22:49:14)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

I guess different kinds of tanks and APCs matter... BTRs are by experience the HARDEST to tske out.. T-90s too.. M1A2s are suprisingly easy... And yes, I go for the treads too.
Boomerjinks
+301|6787|Denver, CO
When it comes to tanks, I aim either between the turret and the body on the abrams, or anywhere else on the other tanks except the front.

When I get in a tank battle, it is usually the guy who gets the first hit who wins. It's a goddamn slugging match. But if you can hit the tracks or the rear end, you are more likely to either kill them, or make them so weak you can take them out with rockets later.
Boomerjinks
+301|6787|Denver, CO
What I want to know is where are the weak spots on the APCS. Every so often I will be bold/desperate enough to ram an APC, causing it to ramp up the front of my tank. I shoot it in the belly and it is gone with one shell. The odds are pretty good that I will die with my enemy, though.

It's great for scaring the crap out of the enemy.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

[hLABS]DuCkY wrote:

This may help :

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … id=1746160
Wow. That was a very good tutorial on where to hit a tank as AT!
What's that guy doing on forumplanet??? Someone should get him to come over here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard