-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6755
Just got my Expert Pistol badge on my second try for it, on the map karkand. Just went sniper & assaulted flags with a squad, used nothing but the pistol & had them dead in no time Got the badge & what a relief. My KDR that round was about 1-0.8 until I got the badge then I just went crazy pistol sniper with claymores & finished with about 100 points
DSRTurtle
+56|6686

R0lyP0ly wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

R0lyP0ly wrote:

spawn camping is for bitches. play a server that says "pistol and knife only". people there actually follow the rules and the admin kicks you if you use a rifle, grenade, etc. Everybody uses pistols, so more or less they dont have that much more of an advantage (other than human skill, not better weapon skill) thats the way its done
That's the way to have your stats reset.
getting my stats reset for playing a pistol and knife only server? i didnt set the server buddy, i just play by what the admin says. reset theirs if it'll make you feel better
Those ranked servers that restrict the use of vehicles or weapons are violating the agreement between ea/dice and those hosting ranked servers.  The server operators can lose their ranked status, and those playing on such servers can at the will of ea/dice have their stats reset.

It's covered in the EULA and ROE.

edited for correct wording

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-03-05 17:07:55)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
jeez guys, be a sniper so your gun is at least silenced!!!!
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6741|Clinton, MD, USA
are you serious?!
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6725
pistols are the best gun in the game... how can you not get the basic?
Darkneoknight
+1|6746|Elkhorn, WI
I could never get it, till on SF I saw a "Knife and Pistol ONLY" server. Got basic and vet. no problemo. Was on Warlord. Lot easier when everyone's using them.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA

DSRTurtle wrote:

R0lyP0ly wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

That's the way to have your stats reset.
getting my stats reset for playing a pistol and knife only server? i didnt set the server buddy, i just play by what the admin says. reset theirs if it'll make you feel better
Those ranked servers that restrict the use of vehicles or weapons are violating the agreement between ea/dice and those hosting ranked servers.  The server operators can lose their ranked status, and those playing on such servers can at the will of ea/dice have their stats reset.

It's covered in the EULA and ROE.

edited for correct wording
i'll take your word for it, turtle. I just think there should be no problem with doing that -- they paid to rent the server, they should be able to do whatever with it. Besides, they aren't limiting others gameplay-- there are 1400+ other servers that aren't P/K only
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
That's why they are not supposed to be setup that way.  Those badges are supposed to be hard to get for a reason.  My biggest problem in getting enough kills to try for the vet badges is that I forget to pull out the knife and pistol when I do catch people napping.  Earlier in the week, I caught an AT guys lying prone with no way out of the space he was in.  I couldn't kill him with gun from the helo I was in so I hopped out and shot him with shotgun, when I could have used the knife or pistol.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6728|Honolulu, HI
I got both Basic and Veteran back when I was trying for Basic Sniper.  Since this was pre-1.03 (or whatever patch it was that changed the kill reqs for basic and vet pistol), I needed 10 for Vet (I think) and 10 for basic sniper.  Since I'm a shitty sniper I ended up going for a body shot with the M24 and then whipping out the pistol to finish the job.  Evidently of my 10 kills on the way to basic sniper, not a single one was with the sniper rifle since I was awarded both vet pistol and basic sniper simultaneously.

The point is, if you're not confident with your ability to take someone on head-on with the pistol, be a pussy and snipe--it worked for me.   But the pistol is disturbingly accurate which makes it a good choice for kits with less accurate weapons (Anti-Tank, Engineer, Support).  If you play AT or Support and just run around with the pistol out, chances are your body armor will compensate for your lower damage and you'll get some kills.

Also if you're MEC be aware that the sights on the MR-444 are slightly off.  When zoomed you'll have to aim BELOW what you're trying to hit by about 8-10 pixels.  (The other pistol's sight pictures are dead-on accurate.)

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2006-03-05 17:36:31)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
go spec-ops or sniper for the silenced pistols.
this is so that you can sneak up on yr opponents and hit them from close range and if they have any team mates nearby they wont be as alert to your shots.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard