alav
+6|6759
Hi there. This's only my overview on the latest EA Patch, one out of many thousands of players out there... so if you disagree with it, simply post your opinion. Please don't flame... too much

As an infantry player + planes/chopper pilot on the horrendous huge maps, I'm either satisfied and dismayed with the changes to our game.

Starting with the POSITIVE:

- No more ub3r bunny hoping & nade launchers have finally seen their efficiency greatly diminished, to the point that it now takes a little skill to handle it @ close distance.

- Infantry combat fighting engine was improved. There's no more the prone accuracy bonus exploit. You could use it to dodge the incoming bullets, while taking advantage of the proning bonus to shoot your enemy while briefly standing up... aka super proning. Also the fact that it know takes a while to stand up after proning is "more realistic" (just gives a "more realistic feel" ^^).

- AA assets can now be called guns... as they actually shoot down air assets after the patch and aren't just plain easy targets anymore.

- the L85A1 & G3 are way better as they should have been @ the start of the game.

- No more C4 tossing; so ridiculous been firing @ someone that is only concerned to rush into your position, then jump and toss a bag, while jumping, and finally, while going backwards, press the dang detonator...

- The Barrett is now quite good, even though I prefer the SVD, AWP or M24.

- The Minigun on the Black Hawk is no longer the meat processor that is was once before... completely unbalancing a game with decent US pilots & gunners.

- No more hovering with the chopper alone, sniping with the Missile (ex: spawn raping the US Carrier while hovering in the middle of the sea)

The NEGATIVE side:

- Starting by the worst one (in my modest opinion): the Claymores & AT mines MUST kill Teammates, otherwise we'll start seeing a plague of them across the maps waiting for an easy kill. And regarding the other stupid aspect that came with the patch, THEY MUST BE ABLE TO BE DESTROYED!!! One hand grenade should be more than enough to get rid of those. To those of you that think that grabbing them is enough... if the enemy starts blocking all the entrances/corners with one claymore & AT mine, how the heck are you going to be able to get behind them in order to pick them up???

- The airplanes, choppers should have never had their armor points decreased, as they now seem like fragile little toys hovering the skies, which can be easily brought down to their misery. Their armor points should have been stayed the same. The AA guns improvements were all the BF2 Community was asking (I believe).

- The Support weapons are waaaay overpowered. I used to be a medic/assault/special ops player... I'm now starting to play as support all the time, as there is nothing that can be compared with the MG36... why? Well... low noise, very good @ close, good @ medium and incredibly decent @ long range. There is no way those support weapons can be that effective, it completely unbalances the 1vs1 infantry combat. They could have had some improvements regarding a little more than just close combat accuracy, but they went way to far with the improvements... and even me that never used to play with them can now kill a guy with a G36E, AK101, M16 or L85A1 with no issues. Even snipers are not a problem.

- There are also some minor bugs that need to be over viewed. The AT rocket sometimes seems to fire but it doesn't & then you have about 5 or 10 seconds delay until you can fire the round that imaginably showed as being shot, and of course, the Shock Paddles... the tzzzzt sound always being heard and not being able to actually recharge them in order to revive a teammate, definitely need to have a look at.

- The Tanks & APC Armor should have been reviewed. 1 SRAW should be enough to take one armor vehicle out, ok maybe 2 for a tank, but not 3... :\. In reality one is more than enough to accomplish the goal.

Sorry for the extensive report...
Lets hear your opinions.

Last edited by alav (2006-02-18 01:36:35)

fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6753|The Netherlands
No not 1 SRAW enough for destroying an APC/tank . it is hard enough in an APC/tank and knowing dice they will also increase power for the RPG 7 what completely makes SF worse than it is an Armor more useless.
you must see a AT guy or get hit first and then you see where you where shot from and you have 1 chance to shoot him. because when he hits you again you are gone.

no SRAWS ERYX and RPG7's are strong enough
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
That was very well put alav
dracul
+2|6805
2 well placed sraw already suffice to take out a tank.
Same for an apc.

Its just there are always less at players than other classes UNTIL the tank rolls up and starts pwning people. Its only 15 seconds AFTER that you start to see people with rockets crawling all over.
BushRanger007
+1|6664
The Barrett is now quite good, even though I prefer the SVD, AWP or M24.

I disagree, I think it has not changed much at all.
Ettercrab
+11|6650|Finland
mainly agree with you...

-In my opinion support weapons are now something they should be, if theres well positioned LMG covering chokepoint, theres no way your going to make it alive trough that choke. I dont think them as overpowered as you do, in longer ranges you get feeling like youv been 'sniped' with LMG, while theres ~3-5 bullets that actually hit you and something like ~10-30 that have missed you in proces. Now people are actually forced to take cover when fired at with LMG, pre-patch they would just laugh and tube that poor support guy. Maybe LMG will even  increase amount of teamplay in game while you cant solo against MG's but you need sniper or similiar to take them out.

-AT mines are good now, if they are farmed in every entrance of base, when you dont need to fear TK's, then those tank guys are forced to get out and wrench those mines away, instead of just firing at them. Other solution would have been engy ability to dig mines on ground instead of making mines invulnerable. IRL they actually fill whole fields with mines, and theres no tank that would try to cros those fields. Mines primary purpose is to limit enemy movement, or create chokes where AT guys can take tanks out.

-Claymores are meant to protect snipers flanks (ingame) and they shouldn't be farmed around every corner, thus they should have been left like they were.

-3 SRAW hits to tank is good, so 2 or 3 teamworking AT guys can take any armored wechile out easily. Intresting aspect of 1 SRAW taking tank out (ingame) would have been need of infantry and armor co-operation, tanks providing cover for infantrys while infantrys would do all real job, like taking out AT's and such.

sorry for bad english

Last edited by Ettercrab (2006-02-18 02:14:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard