Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
bennisboy
Member
+829|5022|Poundland

Adams_BJ wrote:

And I see it's single player with jump in coop? No servers?
And with that, people putting so much money in to this game became even more confusing
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Cisse
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+63|2745
It plays like an mmo for the most part, thousands of players at a time. Or you just play privatly, on your own or with friends. Then on top of everything there is to do in SC there is a full single player campaign called squadran 42
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+566|5007|New Hampshire, USA
Isn't the general premise iirc, that the single player campaign is your military career using standard issue ships, and following that, the multiplayer is your life after the military, either as a mercenary, smuggler, PMC, civilian, etc
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
just bought the $40 version
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
you cunts
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
CC-Marley
THE FLYING DRAGONS...THE ULTIMATE TERRORISTS
+407|5205|CapeCod, Ma.
thinking about it.......
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock
If I get it it'd be the 85 dollar version. And only if I can hook up with some people here.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
why that one
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
id hook up with you any time
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5151|Noizyland

Eagle wrote:

Isn't the general premise iirc, that the single player campaign is your military career using standard issue ships, and following that, the multiplayer is your life after the military, either as a mercenary, smuggler, PMC, civilian, etc
Pretty much. The single player campaign is called Squadron 42. While it is the single player part of the game it allows drop-in drop-out co-op play so you can fly with your friends as wingmen or whatever. It's a military-based game so you'll be flying military ships and missions etc.

Star Citizen is the persistent universe MMO style game that exists alongside Squadron 42. You don't have to complete Squadron 42 but there are advantages to playing it first. Completing the single player campaign gives you citizenship which provides a number of advantages, plus you get the money accrued from your military career which is beneficial in getting your first ship(s) and kitting it/them out for how you intend to operate in the universe - as a trader, mercenary, fighter, bounty hunter, pirate, explorer, or whatever else. You do have the ability to gain citizenship without serving in the military but I think it involves a lot of money.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock

Ty wrote:

Eagle wrote:

Isn't the general premise iirc, that the single player campaign is your military career using standard issue ships, and following that, the multiplayer is your life after the military, either as a mercenary, smuggler, PMC, civilian, etc
Pretty much. The single player campaign is called Squadron 42. While it is the single player part of the game it allows drop-in drop-out co-op play so you can fly with your friends as wingmen or whatever. It's a military-based game so you'll be flying military ships and missions etc.

Star Citizen is the persistent universe MMO style game that exists alongside Squadron 42. You don't have to complete Squadron 42 but there are advantages to playing it first. Completing the single player campaign gives you citizenship which provides a number of advantages, plus you get the money accrued from your military career which is beneficial in getting your first ship(s) and kitting it/them out for how you intend to operate in the universe - as a trader, mercenary, fighter, bounty hunter, pirate, explorer, or whatever else. You do have the ability to gain citizenship without serving in the military but I think it involves a lot of money.
Play with me

RTHKI wrote:

why that one
It comes with an upgraded ship and some cool stuff. Plus it's less than what I would spend on a game retail anyway
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
silly aus

65 is more than i spend on a retail game
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock
100 is what I spend on a AAA new release.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
i wouldnt spend that
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock
We earn more than you.

and it has its benefits apparently on the kickstarter, as we get more stuff for the same price.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
yea and still a lot of you aus whine about game prices
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
but you can get the ship in game and the extra money is nothing

which one is the 85 anyway.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock
Ofcourse we whine I personally don't earn more. Plus 100 is ridiculous and I'd rather not spend it, but this seems worth it.

80- https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/169-arbiter

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2013-09-04 18:12:42)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5151|Noizyland

RTHKI wrote:

but you can get the ship in game and the extra money is nothing

which one is the 85 anyway.
The $85 package comes with the Origin Jumpworks 300i:

https://gallery.pub.goha.ru/gals/news/2013/04/17/sc2/sc2/orig/563ae9e7889ab0f7e2d3d871fa6b50e4.jpg

The cheapest package comes with the Roberts Space Industries Aurora:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/rsi/static/images/Temp/starcitizen/rsiaurora.jpg


Both good ships. You can get both of them in-game of course but if you pledge you get lifetime insurance on them, meaning you don't have to pay for insurance and can replace them for free if they get lost, destroyed, or stolen.

Edit: Adams if you're getting the Arbiter package yours will come with the Origin 325a which is the more expensive 300i variant kitted out for dogfighting.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock
I'm gonna get a new flight stick and throttle too I think

Yes Ty that is the package I want.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2013-09-04 18:25:51)

Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4999|Little Bentcock
/boner
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|4529|what

Show us pics of your ship adums
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|5113|Oxferd
dont get lifetime insurance anymore
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,749|5148|USA

The pledge page is so confusing. There's like (and I may be exaggerating) 50 things for $75 dollars. What do you even buy?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard