So I'm curious about the direction that the gaming industry and its user-base is heading towards.  Video games have always been on the cusp of "acceptable activity" and "waste of time".  But in the last decade or so, gaming competitions and tournaments where players win cash have been more rampant.  Even more so, gaming for cash at friends places have been all-too-common (I like to call this "house gaming" similar to "house poker").  I can't count the number of times I've wagered a few bucks at a friends place on a best 2 out of 3 match in Super Smash Bros Brawl or Streetfighter IV or whatever.

Because this activity is becoming more common these days, I'd like to know from you guys (clearly gamers) how likely you are to play games for cash (knowing that you could lose your entry fee).  If you are willing to play it, how much money would you drop on a single match and how often would you play it.  Playing "BIG" would mean entry fees of $10 or more.  Playing "SMALL" would mean less than $10.  Psychologically speaking of course, if you won your match and some cash, you are most likely going to play again in the near future.

ASSUMPTIONS:
- Assume that this is all regulated online (and not at some local tournament place) meaning you could play in the comfort of your own home. 
- Assume this applies to all types of games (console, PC, mobile phone).  Yes, even small time indie games like Dungeon Defenders and "older" games like Chess.
- Assume you pay the entry fee online with PayPal or something similar.
- Assume this tournament service was built into each of the games you played so you don't have to do anything outside of the game to set it up.
Alpha as fuck.