KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

aynrandroolz wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

fuck gaming on a laptop

diablo is more alive than bf3
WOW what a statement. d3 is more alive than bf3! wowowowow. two monster titles there.

no. both are shit. neither have a hardcore community worth a fart.

also roc, you do realise that your posts in that faggot 4chan format are actually even harder to understand than if you'd just typed it out, right?

this rig wasn't even a 'gaming pc'. it was a mid-range pc back when i built it, 2 years ago. just it's rotting. it gets used for nothing. it's a glorified media centre with expensive gaming peripherals attached to it. and it's not even portable. therefore i am flogging it.
my statement was to roc.  Go to d2jsp - it's a hardcore gaming community for diablo - something you think doesn't exist.  Can't say the same exists for bf3 (like this site did/does for bf2).

i think ~$400 is probably a reasonable price for it.  have you tried posting it on craigslist (or whatever the UK equivalent is if you don't have cl)?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6388

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

have you tried posting it on craigslist (or whatever the UK equivalent is if you don't have cl)?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 6#p3812206

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2012-10-02 15:29:02)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

aynrandroolz wrote:

lacks hardcore community worth a fart = shit game
Minecraft must be truly awesome then.

But yeah, if it lacks competitive hardcore player gaming, it's a shitty game.
/sarcasm.

Why go through the headache of selling.  Just give it to your brother out of your kindness and generosity.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
well considering it's barely used, and my brother would just fill it with viruses and shit in about 10 minutes... no, he can pay. he has a job.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Just sell it and use the money to buy him drugs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria

Dilbert_X wrote:

I heard caffeine is as potential, yet much cheaper than cocaine.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Dilbert_X wrote:

A+ insult would read again. really got me there! omg buying drugs! naughty. only about 5 million people in the uk do it every weekend. ouch. you really wounded me. yeah i've bought drugs in the past. surely every financial transaction i make for the rest of my life will be motivated, at root, by a desire to buy more drugs!

maybe if you moved out of your parents' house you'd sound less pathetically sheltered.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-10-03 13:54:15)

west-phoenix-az
+632|6388
not sure if dilbert really lives with parents or not

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q2bZHf6p8UE/Ta7GKW2PBTI/AAAAAAAABEE/tNOGjHKRN8w/s1600/hmm.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

pretty sure he's mentioned living with his sister
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

aynrandroolz wrote:

drugs are fucking amazing
I just assumed you'd want to share just how great drugs are with your brother.

That or given the huge buying power your MA in Literature has given you you'd be able to give away your cast off toys to family without a blink.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Dilbert_X wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

That or given the huge buying power your MA in Literature has given you you'd be able to give away your cast off toys to family without a blink.
My thoughts exactly.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Ilocano wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
so you fellas doing science/math degrees have no common sense when it comes to money? spend £900 less than 2 years ago... barely use device... give away for free? math geniuses over here. no. whatever happened to teaching people the value of money? my little brother has lots of pocket money, trust me. if he wants a gaming computer, he can pay me a few quid for it. teaching little tarquins the value of money is good, no? i'm sure you'd construct some other complaint about 'spoilt richkids' if i said i was doing otherwise. can't win in this silly little bitchfest, eh?

oh and i gave one of my exes a £1600 laptop for free. just to prove my rich credentials and see what a swell, future-world-dominating guy i am, see? ahh, shucks. why am i not doing that again? because i'm not fucking stupid. yeah, let's give away a pc to prove a point to two heavily neurotic people over the internet. non, nein, no.

also you must be red in the face with all the effort you are putting into these contorted insults. turning a simple evaluation of pc hardware into some strange leftfield 'insult' about me having taken drugs? and having done an ma? really? professors get paid very well here. they get 3 months a year holiday. they get year-long sabbaticals. they have guest lectures, private side-employment, publishing deals, freelance writing, etc. safe to say all my profs are making £75-100k a year comfortably. plus they don't live a lifestyle where they 'want want want' the nicest car and the flashest watch; it's not really part of the culture. £100k a year for a life of learning and books sounds alright to me. but ya keep talking about "buying power of an ma in literature". as if i did an ma for 'buying power', you fucking twonk.

then again, you'd think the engineering master-race could at least afford to rent their own home. just goes to show, i guess. you can have an engineering degree and still spend your 40's sharing bath-water with moms and looking up anime conventions in your spare time.

honestly why do you even bother? your lifestyle is deplorable. you try to 'insult' someone for taking drugs and having a good time in his youth, when you're bent over a computer in your parents basement at age 40+. single and kidless. but you have an engineering degree!!!!! rofl. from hardware evaluation to a screaming plea for euthanasia in 2 pages. god bless bf2s.

also ilo it really humbles me that the class-anxious asian immigrant wants to make a pop about wealth as well. do you want to have a wealth off? OMG!!! i bet you can't afford to send your kids to schools as expensive/prestigious as mine sent me!!! omg! i bet my dad's lambo is better than your family car!!!! see, i'm not bothered about 'proving' some point about 'giving away' a pc, because i'm not fucking insecure. i want money back for something i paid for, no scruples. i'm not gonna give shit away in an act of philanthropic charity so i can 'prove' to you bottom-feeders on the class ladder that i am noble and bourgeoisie. you total menk.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-10-04 13:52:08)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State
I'd say it's worth $300-400 USD.

Can we have photos of said custom case?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Well, just on fees for Oxford Computer Science, 9K pounds for locals.  20K + 6K  pounds for overseas.  Considering we are budgeting for Harvard, Stanford, and the like, not a big deal.

As for the the steep depreciation of technology, well, that's the nature of technology.  Newer, faster technology displaces older, slower technology, and displaces old technology at similar entry price point.  Simple economics.

On the 400 USD, you should know better, what with your income (potential?) level.  $400 is nothing.  Not worth the time to sell it really.  Nothing to do with haaving to prove anything.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
not worth the time to sell it to my brother who lives in my own house? not worth the time to shove it on gumtree? that takes 5 minutes. you make more than $400 every 5 minutes? doesn't make any sense.

and what are you talking about my 'potential income level' for? yes, i could have a £30k a year job in london right now if i wanted to. but i just finished a masters 3 weeks ago and i'm working an office temp job as a stopgap. what does it have to do with anything? a person with 2 degrees is above selling second-hand items because he can potentially make 'x' amount in full-time employment? this is one fucking dumb convo. an extra $400 will get me another 3 grams of good coke. why would i not sell it? i mean what.
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

aynrandroolz wrote:

an extra $400 will get me another 3 grams of good coke. why would i not sell it? i mean what.
B-but drugs iz bad.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

bad drugs is bad.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

aynrandroolz wrote:

so you fellas doing science/math degrees have no common sense when it comes to money? spend £900 less than 2 years ago... barely use device... give away for free? math geniuses over here. no. whatever happened to teaching people the value of money? my little brother has lots of pocket money, trust me. if he wants a gaming computer, he can pay me a few quid for it. teaching little tarquins the value of money is good, no? i'm sure you'd construct some other complaint about 'spoilt richkids' if i said i was doing otherwise. can't win in this silly little bitchfest, eh?

oh and i gave one of my exes a £1600 laptop for free. just to prove my rich credentials and see what a swell, future-world-dominating guy i am, see? ahh, shucks. why am i not doing that again? because i'm not fucking stupid. yeah, let's give away a pc to prove a point to two heavily neurotic people over the internet. non, nein, no.

also you must be red in the face with all the effort you are putting into these contorted insults. turning a simple evaluation of pc hardware into some strange leftfield 'insult' about me having taken drugs? and having done an ma? really? professors get paid very well here. they get 3 months a year holiday. they get year-long sabbaticals. they have guest lectures, private side-employment, publishing deals, freelance writing, etc. safe to say all my profs are making £75-100k a year comfortably. plus they don't live a lifestyle where they 'want want want' the nicest car and the flashest watch; it's not really part of the culture. £100k a year for a life of learning and books sounds alright to me. but ya keep talking about "buying power of an ma in literature". as if i did an ma for 'buying power', you fucking twonk.

then again, you'd think the engineering master-race could at least afford to rent their own home. just goes to show, i guess. you can have an engineering degree and still spend your 40's sharing bath-water with moms and looking up anime conventions in your spare time.

honestly why do you even bother? your lifestyle is deplorable. you try to 'insult' someone for taking drugs and having a good time in his youth, when you're bent over a computer in your parents basement at age 40+. single and kidless. but you have an engineering degree!!!!! rofl. from hardware evaluation to a screaming plea for euthanasia in 2 pages. god bless bf2s.

also ilo it really humbles me that the class-anxious asian immigrant wants to make a pop about wealth as well. do you want to have a wealth off? OMG!!! i bet you can't afford to send your kids to schools as expensive/prestigious as mine sent me!!! omg! i bet my dad's lambo is better than your family car!!!! see, i'm not bothered about 'proving' some point about 'giving away' a pc, because i'm not fucking insecure. i want money back for something i paid for, no scruples. i'm not gonna give shit away in an act of philanthropic charity so i can 'prove' to you bottom-feeders on the class ladder that i am noble and bourgeoisie. you total menk.
Wait wait wait - There are anime conventions?

https://mayafreaksblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/misato-nge-fuck-yeah.jpg
west-phoenix-az
+632|6388

west-phoenix-az wrote:

not sure if dilbert really lives with parents or not is really excited about anime conventions

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q2bZHf6p8UE/Ta7GKW2PBTI/AAAAAAAABEE/tNOGjHKRN8w/s1600/hmm.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria

west-phoenix-az wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

not sure if dilbert really lives with parents or not is really excited about anime conventions

Aww, you're starting to recycle your image posts on the same page...
rdx-fx
+955|6591
Bored with PC gaming?
Looking nostalgically at the fun games from "back in the day", that are so much better than the uninteresting crap today?
Using a Mac because it works, straight out of the box?

Hey, Uzique, you sound like an old guy now.

Be careful.
In a few years, clubs will bore the shit out of you too.

jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

I just assumed you'd want to share just how great drugs are with your brother.

people who have money tend to keep it by not being wasteful on many different levels -"respect for money"
rdx-fx
+955|6591

jsnipy wrote:

people who have money tend to keep it by not being wasteful on many different levels -"respect for money"
This.

The richest people I know will spend a middle class lifetimes worth of income on a whim, if it's "in the family" or "for the right reasons".

Yet, in other areas, you can hear the pennies scream as they go past the fingertips.

Y'know, buy an ocean going long range yacht, yet haggle over the price of fuel at every damn port.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
i'm not sure there's any grand ideological reasoning behind this fellas...

i've been living with total financial responsibility for like the last 18 months or so now, no hand-outs and no freebies. i paid £900 for a computer i've barely used in the same 18 month period. i'd quite like some cash in exchange for it... you know, cause otherwise that's a grand gone down the drain for nothing. i've been a postgrad for the last 12 months out of the 18, i.e. with no real income to talk of except my scholarship stipend, so £900 is quite a lot.

who the fuck is class insecure enough to want to make a 'statement' or symbolic 'gesture' of sorts by giving away free stuff? jesus h. christ. it's worth money, i'm going to get money for it. i guess the upper class people of this world constantly give away all their stuff for free. easy come, easy go, right? you fucking menks.
rdx-fx
+955|6591
Uzique, I think we stopped talking about your finances 10 or so posts back.

But, by all means indulge, if you, Dilbert, and Jay would like to go a few more rounds Vis-à-vis class warfare, socioeconomic status, fiscal responsibility, and the relative merits of your respective degrees...

I hear the Palestinians are doing better this week.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard