Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto

13urnzz wrote:

Online:   
    13urnzz,
    1stSFOD-Delta,
    KuSTaV
Missed me.

Get over to the election thread and tell me why I'm wrong. I need to go to bed soon and won't probably won't check it again soon because I'm forgetful.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

25 gallons?  You must drive a gas guzzler

and it also means gas is ~$1/gallon more expensive here than AZ
A rough Google calculator search says it's about $3.56 a gallon for what he got.  Here I've seen $3.50 and $3.52 a gallon all over the place in the past few days, it's dropped like 10 cents in the past month or so.  Are you seriously paying ~$4.50 a gallon, that's fucked up.  Anything over 4 in general is just wrong, the highest I've ever seen it get here was probably a month after I started driving which would be April or May 2011, it got up to $4.09 for regular at my favorite station

My tank holds 19 gallons but I only drive with about 1/4 of a tank.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

_j5689_ wrote:

I only drive with about 1/4 of a tank.
you do know a crown vic gets better mileage on a full tank, right?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto

_j5689_ wrote:

My tank holds 19 gallons but I only drive with about 1/4 of a tank.
That's actually probably costing you more...unless you're trying to cut total car weight?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
On the CV forums, the general consensus is that a little above 1/2 a tank is the sweet spot for gas mileage, although I'd imagine for inertia-sake a full tank is still probably better than a 1/4 of a tank.  I can't really afford to do a full tank yet till I get a job though, I hope I'm not killing the fuel pump, lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

_j5689_ wrote:

On the CV forums, the general consensus is that a little above 1/2 a tank is the sweet spot for gas mileage, although I'd imagine for inertia-sake a full tank is still probably better than a 1/4 of a tank.  I can't really afford to do a full tank yet till I get a job though, I hope I'm not killing the fuel pump, lol
i had to replace the line into the pump, that sucked green slimy donkey dicks
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
I almost replaced the pump when I thought it was fucked up last year, turns out I just had a really really clogged fuel filter.  I might preemptively replace it anyway when I get some money because I put a lot of mileage on it while it was only running on an 1/8th of a tank a lot of the time, which I hear is really bad for fuel pumps.  The stories I see on the forums about them suddenly not working are horrific, it's always at the worst time and very suddenly
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

do you have the 5 liter engine with the Cleveland heads?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
60 lbs isn't going to noticeably affect gas mileage, fill 'er up.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

13urnzz wrote:

do you have the 5 liter engine with the Cleveland heads?
Nope, they switched to a modular 4.6 liter 2-valve engine in 1992 when they moved from "box-body" LTDs to the "Aero-body" Crown Victorias, which lasted them all the way into the current "Whale-body" introduced in 1998 and then all the way to the last 2011 models off the assembly line.  There's tons of Panthers with 400K+ miles with original engines, these modular engines are built like tanks even though they're obsolete now power-wise and are plagued by a time-bomb of a plastic intake on Late 90s and onward models that don't have a full metal intake anymore so they develop coolant leaks after ~150K miles

I would still like to test drive an LTD just to see what it's like though
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Jay wrote:

60 lbs isn't going to noticeably affect gas mileage, fill 'er up.
hey dumbass, if you'd only take the time to read

_j5689_ wrote:

I can't really afford to do a full tank yet till I get a job though
but really, what do we expect from The Skipper who just moored his yacht?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

_j5689_ wrote:

i scrapped my 86 Interceptor, after i pulled the engine.

my wife wants me to make room, it's a 4 bolt main with the big intake valves.

imma move the stand and the engine into the front fucking living room, put a lampshade on it and tell her to 'deal with it', lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

who thinks pumpkin carving at Halloween

https://i.imgur.com/ci9fG.jpg

is just practice for serial killers?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

13urnzz wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

i scrapped my 86 Interceptor, after i pulled the engine.

my wife wants me to make room, it's a 4 bolt main with the big intake valves.

imma move the stand and the engine into the front fucking living room, put a lampshade on it and tell her to 'deal with it', lol
I think you'd like the Grand Marquis forums if you ever got back into it, they love box-body Panthers there(The CV forums prefer aeros and whales in general, it's less about which brand and more about era between the two sites).  A lot of people there do some kind of "High Output" 5 liter swap in their cars from some other model of car that came with an uptuned version of the same engine I would guess, probably from a Mustang or F-150 or something.

Either way I love the big heavy exhaust note of the older 5 liter engine.  They brought it back in 2010 or 2011+ Mustangs as another modular engine, you can actually get the engine from a wrecked Mustang if you're rich and connected to such a yard, buy a harness kit and drop it right in a Vic and it'll work even without a PCM retune although that's obviously recommended to get the full potential and not have weird performance.  I think somebody on the CV forums has somehow actually done it already if he didn't actually just convert all the way back to an older 5 liter.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

13urnzz wrote:

who thinks pumpkin carving at Halloween

is just practice for serial killers?
I wonder if whoever carved that was having a two-way conversation with the thing while doing it?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

A Jersey City man who went to sleep after an argument with his girlfriend was awakened late Thursday night when she bit his scrotum, tearing right through the skin, authorities said.

Linda Mendez, 40, was charged early this morning with aggravated assault and domestic violence, over the objection of her boyfriend, who told police he did not want to press charges. The mother of three appeared in court yesterday and her bail was set at $35,000 with a 10 percent cash option.

The 46-year-old victim told police that the two argued at 11:30 Thursday, and to avoid the argument he went to sleep, reports said. Minutes later Mendez woke him by biting his neck and his scrotum, causing bleeding, police said.
Boyfriend didn't want to press charges. That is love right there. Crazy love

Last edited by Macbeth (2012-10-27 06:11:04)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto

I got some excellent laughs out of this video, and thought I'd share. Even if you've never played the game, I still think it would be funny for most.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

holy necroposting

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard