Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock
I know some people that cried when microsoft canned the freelancer servers. I didnt get much into online.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
anyone still buy PC gamer?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6308

nope
Adams_BJ
never did
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
Friend's been having slow Steam downloads since forever. Maybe this is why?

https://i.imgur.com/U1QLo.png

Does also explain why he needs to buy 3 hard drives a day.

Last edited by FFLink (2012-10-09 18:31:43)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6663

The hell????????????????
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
What am I missing?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

17,592,186,044,416.0 MB

17.6 exabytes
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

it downloaded 17 trillion mbs out of a file of 35mb
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

17,592,186,044,416.0 MB

17.6 exabytes
Ahh, I see, small on my screen
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

it downloaded 17 trillion mbs out of a file of 35mb
Don't you realize how far WinRAR has come in compression efficiency?

Jay wrote:

Ahh, I see, small on my screen
You need a bigger screen.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5867|00770
1 hour, 31 minutes ago
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6655|BC, Canada

Jay wrote:

Just got into an argument on facebook with a guy that is still obsessed with a game that I used to play back in high school (a MUD). Back in it's heydey it had about 50 people logged in at all times and was fun. For the past ten years it has averaged 1-3 people online (including the guy I got into the argument with). We all joined a facebook group out of nostalgia and to keep in contact and the guy keeps spamming it with all the updates he's been doing and about how the game will return to its glory days etc. The only reason the server is still up is because it takes up like 5 megs of data on some server somewhere in Sweden and no one has had the heart to pull the plug.

Are there people like this on bf2 servers too? Like some guy sitting around all day on an empty server waiting for people to return? I can't understand obsessions like this...
bf2s is like this.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

lol
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5697|College Park, MD
middle school throwback

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA
That song has always sucked.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Adams_BJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

middle school throwback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrr3lRLjZ1Y
the remind me of nickleback

with some white ghetto guy
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5469|Ventura, California
Ok where is the catch here? this truck is really cheap for the condition he claims it's in.

2003 Chevy Silverado
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5174|Sydney
That mpg is going to make it a fortune to run, unless you drive it once a week.
Adams_BJ
its probably not in the condition he says its in.
Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney
I don't see him actually list the condition. It looks pretty tidy on the outside but keep in mind a V8 with that sort of mileage has probably been thrashed around more than a few times.

Either it's got a fault that he hasn't listed or he's going for a quick sale and it's probably gone by now. If it were me I'd be cautious about something that seems almost too good to be true, because (and especially with cars) it almost always turns out to be the case.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

Jay wrote:

I wasn't asking about the game as a whole, but specific servers that they've grown attached to. There are apparently still thousands of people worldwide that play on active MUDs, I'm talking about the people who found a 'home' and just won't let it go no matter what the reality is.
Well, it's indeed quite silly if you're the only one left on your favorite server in an online multiplayer game.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5469|Ventura, California
Those were my thoughts Jeakus. I sent the dude an email and asked him for much more specific information about the vehicle and that if it sounds good I'll check it out. I know what things to look for when I check out the truck to see if there's something wrong but I'll also bring a friend of mine who is a mechanic because he knows quite a few more tricks than me so I don't intend on getting screwed over. I most likely won't get it because of the miles per gallon, but if it's a really good deal I might get it. I can think of side jobs that require a pickup that I'll use to pay for extra gas and income.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney
If you do go check it out always have the thought in mind if something doesn't seem right you're prepared to walk away. No point in making an emotional decision you will regret weeks or months later. There are a shitload of cars out there and there are always good cars for sale if you look.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I most likely won't get it because of the miles per gallon,
ofcourse you will, if MPG was a deciding factor you wouldn't be looking at trucks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard