FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Please point out when the budgets submitted by anyone else would've balanced the books.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Please point out when the budgets submitted by anyone else would've balanced the books.
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborow … l-the-best

Rand Paul's plan would balance the budget in five years.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
And I'm not necessarily endorsing Rand Paul's budget, but he's taking the only rational approach here. Paul Ryan would never touch the Republican sacred cow: defense spending. No Democrat will ever propose cutting social security or medicare. Can't balance the budget without deep cuts to all three.

Last edited by Jay (2012-08-14 17:28:50)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

What, no poll?
i was mainly looking for a reason to post Biden's lulzy gaffe as a thread instead of a post in DAST chat or even EE chats

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-08-14 19:19:57)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ty wrote:

Wouldn't take much for War Man to break all sense of restraint and just dry-hump the fuck out of Paul Ryan's leg would it.

Ryan seems like someone who was steered towards being a one-dimensional Republican career politician. He's the larval stage of your standard white-headed conservative seat-warmer. He's intelligent but seems generally like an uninteresting sort of person of modest ambition who'll do what's asked of him and be a 'good Republican'. Basically a person suited perfectly to being VP. I wouldn't trust him as a potential President though.

Biden is just an old dude who's stopped caring what people think about him and hopes like Hell he's not required to do anything important. He's a decent backstop and a nice old disarming personality to have around. Short of a few old man gaffes he's not going to rock any boats. I wouldn't trust him as a potential President though.

So, meh. No-one as as interesting as Sarah Palin this time around. Ho hum.
Yeah... I wouldn't ever hump any man's leg, not even if it meant removing America's debt.

It really depends on opinion of whether or not a person is interesting by the way.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

War Man wrote:

Yeah... I wouldn't ever hump any man's leg, not even if it meant removing America's debt.
i'd hump your leg for free!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
You pretty much dry-hump his leg already though.

edit: damn you Burnzz!

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-08-14 20:03:11)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

War Man wrote:

It really depends on opinion of whether or not a person is interesting by the way.
Forget dry-humping then, skip the foreplay and go straight to the main act.

Ryan is boring. In fact I'm pretty sure he was brought on board simply to provide a little contrast in order to make Romney look dynamic and exciting. He's a water cracker. That's not to say someone couldn't find him interesting but that doesn't negate the fact that the guy probably has to be mindful of what suit he wears to make sure he doesn't blend into the wallpaper.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Jay wrote:

FEOS wrote:

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/jborow … l-the-best

Rand Paul's plan would balance the budget in five years.
Not sure that plan got submitted, since budgetary bills must originate in the House, and Paul is a Senator.

And I'm fairly certain Ryan's budget called for defense cuts as part of a cap on overall federal discretionary spending.. Not nearly enough, I'll grant you that...but they were still there.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Ryan of course.  The VP is supposed to back up the President or candidate and his message.  Biden keeps opening his mouth and becoming a distraction by firmly inserting his foot.

PS
Have any of you criticizing Ryan's budget actually read it?  At least he has a detailed plan to balance the budget, which is more than anyone else has thus far.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2012-08-15 20:29:39)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Stingray24 wrote:

Ryan of course.  The VP is supposed to back up the President or candidate and his message.  Biden keeps opening his mouth and becoming a distraction by firmly inserting his foot.

PS
Have any of you criticizing Ryan's budget actually read it?  At least he has a detailed plan to balance the budget, which is more than anyone else has thus far.
No, his budget is full of vagaries, nothing concrete.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

Stingray24 wrote:

I doubt hes read it either
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
But of course you'd be wrong.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Got a link to his plan?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I wasn't really asking for it. I just seriously doubt anyone in this forum spent the time to read the whole 99 page budget plan.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I read the highlights. His budget plan increased spending, but by $100BN less than Obamas budget. That's why I laugh when people call him a budget hawk.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard