Announcement

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+785|6012|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

“We Americans who love this country are being replaced by people who do not love this country,” Rogers tweeted in July. “I will not back down from this statement. Communists & our enemies are using mass immigration, education, big tech, big corporations & other strategies to accomplish this.”
Communists & our enemies are using mass immigration, education, big tech, big corporations
Communists & our enemies are using mass immigration, education, big tech
Communists & our enemies are using mass immigration, education
Communists & our enemies are using mass immigration
Communists & our enemies
Communists
Communist? Shut the fuck up. Boring. Who writes that down and thinks "got them!" The lamest people.
Going back to how profoundly dumbed down political discussions have become, it's lost all meaning besides "communists = bad". During a Ukraine discussion, I saw comments saying Putin wasn't going to be deterred by that communist Dim-o-KKK-RAT party. Conversely, those arguing against it were saying no, Putin and his cronies are the real communists.

It's not even wrong. These people make McCarthy look like a scholar.
unnamednewbie13
+1,978|6099|USA

"Democracy" is probably a bad word for some of these people because it's close to the word "Democrat."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+565|3047

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"Democracy" is probably a bad word for some of these people because it's close to the word "Democrat."
They basically always say "it isn't a democracy but a republic" because republic is part of republican and democracy is related to democrat. No greater thought than that.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+1,978|6099|USA

Never mind democratic elections or that the word's used as a catch-all for countries with widespread elections. To them, those are bad too anyway, as Jan 6 proved.

But yes, I've heard this argument actually used. "It's a (constitutional) republic so I'm voting Republican," is so politically juvenile.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-05-17 13:00:36)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+785|6012|United States of America
I mean, they also specifically say "the Democrat party" instead of "Democratic" because we allegedly like democratic principles so you can't let your opponent be associated with that. We're at the shallowest of depths.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+565|3047
A fundamental problem we have regarding gun control also came up when we were dealing with COVID. A lot of people believe "it will never happen to me". It could be a shooting, COVID, drunk driver etc. But they will never be convinced it is a danger unless it actually happens to them.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard