Roc18
`
+655|5799|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

chechnya isn't really europe. maybe the european continent, at a stretch.
Europe isn't really a continent it's connected to the hip with Asia. But politically it has to be considered separate from Asia.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

The Jersey City Police Department's bomb squad blew up a briefcase this afternoon that was left unattended.

The "suspicious package" was reported this afternoon, and Newark Avenue between Kennedy Boulevard and Tonnelle Avenue, the heart of Little India, was cordoned off.

The contents of the briefcase appeared to be harmless.

The street was reopened to traffic and pedestrians shortly after 6 p.m.
And so it starts.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6631|Little Bentcock
Poor guy just lost all his underwear.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

On Saturday afternoon at Fenway Park in Boston, the Red Sox faced off against the Kansas City Royals for their first home game since last week’s Boston Marathon bombing. As expected, the pre-game ceremony was filled with remembrance of the victims and a celebration of Boston law enforcement and first responders.

David Ortiz, who was coming off an injury and playing for the first time in eight months, received the ceremonial first pitch behind home plate. The veteran Red Sox player also had some inspirational words for those in attendance at Fenway Park on Saturday.

“This jersey that we wear today, it doesn’t say Red Sox,” Ortiz said. “It says ‘Boston.’ We want to thank you Mayor [Thomas] Menino, Gov. [Deval] Patrick, the whole police department for the great job they did this past week. This is our fucking city and nobody is going to dictate our freedom.”
With all of that IRA support and fundraising in Boston you would think the city wouldn't take a bombing so personally.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
you just now found out about that ?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6667|BC, Canada
it hasn't been mentioned in this thread multiple times in the last week or anything.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

About the IRA or the baseball player?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

-Whiteroom- wrote:

it hasn't been mentioned in this thread multiple times in the last week or anything.
Must have missed it then.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
in other f word news

more entertaining than the "sport"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

I can't believe anyone even watches the X Games.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
i didnt have a remote close by

i never had until then
womens skateboarding was so pathetic. they look like men and fall down every time
and then theres rallycross
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

13urnzz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

So it was the Russians?
I find myself thinking of Chekov being rescued form the American hospital in Star Trek 4.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

So it was the Russians?
I find myself thinking of Chekov being rescued form the American hospital in Star Trek 4.
No one knows what you are talking about.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

I'm pretty sure there's an Asian woman in that film somewhere. You should check it out.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

oh yeah
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eQ5BBnWj_T8/SdN2pknIJ9I/AAAAAAAAJwM/KP4O9LG4pBc/s400/Linda_Park_5.jpg
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6784|Moscow, Russia

Macbeth wrote:

oh yeah
uh-huh.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Was the Vulcan in that series Asian too?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Hopefully this will bring Russia and the US closer together when dealing with radical islamists.  Misery loves company I guess.

Ya I know what they did to Chechnya and Grozny in the 90's.  That sucks.  But it seems the entire western world is dealing with the same problems.  Afghanistan, and now this...

Apparently, the [US] special forces needed a result at any price to calm society. Any attempt to make a link between Chechnya and the Tsarnaevs, if they are guilty, is in vain. They grew up in the US, their views and beliefs were formed there.
Again, this asshole is asking for a cruise missile
Umm, why would you think so? He's just speaking the truth. Whatever broke inside those kids broke while they were here. Blaming Chechnya would be like blaming Sweden if I went off my rocker and turned suicide bomber.
IIRC The Chechens were pissed that outside countries, esp the US, gave them no help, labelled them terrorists and gave the lovable Russians a free hand to kill them at will and destroy their nation.
They could have reasonably hoped for the same level of assistance the Afghans received.

As far as I remember the deal was the West wouldn't complain about what Russia did to the Chechens (Chechen insurgency) and Russia wouldn't make too much noise about what the West did to Afghanistan and Iraq, not that the West was doing a lot as it was, Bosnia having been a bit tiring for NATO and all, and the Russians being a bit more dangerous than the Serbs.

Sucks to be fighting for independence from Russia after the cold war ended, and to be muslims after 9/11 I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4263

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Europe isn't really a continent it's connected to the hip with Asia. But politically it has to be considered separate from Asia.
rofl american geography really is that bad, huh
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I swear the US teaches the 7-continent model. Even if they don't, I really doubt they teach the weird 5 continent models or the like.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13/f/taiwan
+940|5707
We don't teach geography.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5707
I remember learning the 7 continent model before No Child Left Behind.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4263

Spark wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I swear the US teaches the 7-continent model. Even if they don't, I really doubt they teach the weird 5 continent models or the like.
lol the funny part of his post is the idea that, because europe's land-mass is contiguous with asia minors, it isn't really 'a continent'. i think roc thinks continents must be like islands, or something. does that mean north america isn't really a continent for a few months of the year because it's joined to asia?

anyway, my post was quite clearly about the political. chechnya isn't really a 'european' state. it's in the caucasus, which is basically like a cross between almost-there asia minor and russia's playground. the continental models that are largely based on culture/collection would probably place it in asia minor. the european 'continent' qua tectonic plate would probably include it. nevertheless roc's post made absolutely zero geographic sense.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4263
there is no spoon continentz

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Dymaxion_map_unfolded-no-ocean.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard