-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
Lucky he got there before some wannabe hero found him. "He's a brown guy with stuff in his bag! Must be bomber!". Bags are meant to have stuff in them, herf derf.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
zomg they found one suspect and one is being closed in on in Cambridge area
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
https://i.imgur.com/sOWD6Lu.jpg

Holy shit.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
watertown, suspects, 1 dead, more pipe bombs in area, 1 from brown, yada yada yada i'm going to bed

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/0 … aign=sm_tw

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/ex … ;_r=1&
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

This has been an interesting week. We should do this more often. It is a fun break from finals.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Shits going down right now.

Grenades / ieds thrown at police. Shooting at MIT.

Officers down. The news outlets will have a hard time covering this.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
bloody vegetarians.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Roc18 wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Who knows what to believe in this type of situation.

please don't stop posting.
I don't get what's so funny. If you trust the federal government so much good for you. I'm just stating my opinion. And Uzique as usual is tying obvious suspicious activity back to 4chan being stupid somehow.
what's funny is that you are an idiot. a real imbecile. you were circulating 4chan/reddit detective pictures like they were based in any fact. they seemed to operate on 3 basic criteria: is black/brown (or maybe old and kinda crazy looking!!!!!); has a black blackpack (rare!!!); backpack looks like it's carrying something (omg causation!). you are fucking dumb, man. all these internet white-knights who fancy themselves as the 'new' FBI or 'better' than the FBI because of their internet "hivemind" or whatever ("if we can DDoS burger king's website, we can solve domestic terrorism!") are doing more harm than good. one of the guys - or rather, a 17 year old kid - has already gone into a police station saying he "fears for his life". wow, great job. that's really the aim of law enforcement and the intelligence services, isn't it? to make innocent citizens fear for their lives, because they made the mistake of being brown and carrying a bag at a large event. you fucking mong.

and now the FBI have collated all their own evidence and decided to publish photos of their suspects - a huge decision, considering it puts these people at considerable risk, and makes them 'targets'; the FBI aren't going to finger someone on a whim or fancy - now you're saying "oh man, why do you trust the federal government so much?" uuuh, a way better question is WHY DO YOU TRUST A BUNCH OF PHOTOSHOP DETECTIVES so much? to the point where someone completely innocent could be harmed? you know, the way the legal process works and justice is enacted is based off lots of sound, 'more than is reasonable', 'is foreseeable' type proof. not: "hey look at this guy! he matches our slim criteria! get him!!!". that's mob justice. that is not democratic. so hey, bitch about the federal government all you want, you're the one supporting a fascist approach - mob retribution and lynching (even if only virtual 'lynching' of someone's reputation/life). well done. you guys are the real bright future of the human race.

kill yourself.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-19 03:15:14)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/19/article-2311470-19617BFA000005DC-885_964x703.jpg

it was these two assholes top of frame
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
yeah but why should i trust that when all my friends from /r/anime were pointing out the brown dude in a blue tracksuit?

you are brainwashed man. those are the innocent lee harvey oswalds in this case. the real perpetrators were those secret service looking guys, who clearly planted this in an attempt to further curtail our freedom.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
america: the world's live action movie.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

That sounds really cool.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
Late last night friends started calling and emailing me – they said my photo was all over the internet, that I was a suspect in the Boston bombing.

I was terrified, I have never been in trouble and I feared for my security.

I called a friend to take me to the state police – I walked in to the lobby and told them I thought I was wanted by the FBI. They didn’t know what to make of it.

I was there about 25 minutes but I was very frightened. I still am – my photograph is all over the internet and I worry that someone, a mad person, might come after me and my family.
blue tracksuit guy. great job roc. you racist. if someone put pictures of you as a suspect all over the internet because you were a black dude at a watermelon stall robbery, you'd be pretty upset too. everyone fingering you because of their prejudice and confirmation bias. but i guess the internet really is the future of law enforcement...

resist the feds!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
I have a family friend who lives like 2 blocks away from where this is going down in Watertown.... I ate at the diner I just saw on cnn.com a couple years ago.  Holy shit.
13rin
+977|6479
One less trial for the taxpayers.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BINM28bCUAEKYxR.jpg:large

ahahaha amazing.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

13rin wrote:

One less trial for the taxpayers.
yeah that's how democracy works!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
drips of info are starting to come through about both suspects being chechnyan.

unconfirmed at the moment, based off the 2nd suspects' putative online profiles.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-19 05:13:43)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

White Muslims.

It's always the Muslims.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
there has been no outward ideological slant to this or islamic agenda, so i don't see why you'd incriminate someone for being ethnically muslim. most chechnyans are. you can't say it was religiously-provoked just because of someone's profile. that's jumping the gun. no more than saying a jewish bank robbery is zionist extremism. again: let's hold back on pre-judgments. it reflects badly on you.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-19 05:19:52)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

what's funny is that you are an idiot. a real imbecile. you were circulating 4chan/reddit detective pictures like they were based in any fact. they seemed to operate on 3 basic criteria: is black/brown (or maybe old and kinda crazy looking!!!!!); has a black blackpack (rare!!!); backpack looks like it's carrying something (omg causation!). you are fucking dumb, man. all these internet white-knights who fancy themselves as the 'new' FBI or 'better' than the FBI because of their internet "hivemind" or whatever ("if we can DDoS burger king's website, we can solve domestic terrorism!") are doing more harm than good. one of the guys - or rather, a 17 year old kid - has already gone into a police station saying he "fears for his life". wow, great job. that's really the aim of law enforcement and the intelligence services, isn't it? to make innocent citizens fear for their lives, because they made the mistake of being brown and carrying a bag at a large event. you fucking mong.

and now the FBI have collated all their own evidence and decided to publish photos of their suspects - a huge decision, considering it puts these people at considerable risk, and makes them 'targets'; the FBI aren't going to finger someone on a whim or fancy - now you're saying "oh man, why do you trust the federal government so much?" uuuh, a way better question is WHY DO YOU TRUST A BUNCH OF PHOTOSHOP DETECTIVES so much? to the point where someone completely innocent could be harmed? you know, the way the legal process works and justice is enacted is based off lots of sound, 'more than is reasonable', 'is foreseeable' type proof. not: "hey look at this guy! he matches our slim criteria! get him!!!". that's mob justice. that is not democratic. so hey, bitch about the federal government all you want, you're the one supporting a fascist approach - mob retribution and lynching (even if only virtual 'lynching' of someone's reputation/life). well done. you guys are the real bright future of the human race.

kill yourself.
I don't trust the govt one bit though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
I will say one thing uzique -- I think Europeans are of course more accustomed to bombings (IRA) as well as dealing with large populations of muslim immigrants.  Americans, being isolated and insular and all, well, I'll just say that even though of us who know better, some cannot help but speculate.  I'll admit, the two arab looking guys, both with backpacks, and a later photo of them without the backpacks.  I dunno.  I felt pretty sure they were the guys.  Of course there's a difference between having a hunch and spreading it around the internet etc. but my point is that its somewhat human nature.  In the absence of information, the human mind goes kind of haywire.  You can't really blame the people who were at the marathon and then jumped the other middle eastern guy after the explosion.  I would've done the same.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
It seems to be the American mind which goes haywire though.

One of the first items I watched on Fox was about an hour of ranting self-delusion about a plane crash which went roughly as follows.

"We're looking at a plane crash, do you think the pilot fell asleep"
"Dunno, its a smoking hole in the ground, hard to say really"
"Maybe the wings fell off, do you think the wings could have fallen off?"
"Um, it a smoking hole, can't say TBH"
"They could have run out of fuel. Was it a fuel problem? Was it?"
"Em, its a crater, we can't say anything right now"
"What about a flock of birds? I mean birds can take out an airliner right? Maybe birds hit the engine, the engine exploded, the wings fell off and it crashed, do you think thats it?"
"Its just a crater...."
"IT WAS BIRDS WASN'T IT? BIRDS! WHY ISN'T THE GOVT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT FLOCKS OF BIRDS GODDAMIT"

Maybe its the historical sense of invincibility, attacks on America have been apparently unexpected and have punctured the arrogance and complacency which causes people to lose it big time.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
of course you can blame them. it is completely irrational and bias, based on dumb animal fear that unmasks latent prejudices. as has been touted in this thread multiple times already, the vast majority of US terrorism is domestic, i.e. attributable to an american citizen. to start harassing arabs and enacting citizen arrests on people because of brown skin, or to hound arabic foreign students with tv cameras and microphones that repeatedly insist on the question "did you do it? did your friend do it? why would he do it?", contrary to all fact and evidence... is tantamount to institutional racism. EVEN IF these attacks are from islamists, the truism is often thrown around that "islam is a religion, not a race". so why does america, after an attack, instantly treat the arab as a bogeyman? you are insular bigots.

and no, 9/11 doesn't make that excusable. if there's a public disturbance or terror threat here, we don't start grabbing the nearest person with an irish accent.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-19 05:51:37)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Dilbert_X wrote:

It seems to be the American mind which goes haywire though.

One of the first items I watched on Fox was about an hour of ranting self-delusion about a plane crash which went roughly as follows.

"We're looking at a plane crash, do you think the pilot fell asleep"
"Dunno, its a smoking hole in the ground, hard to say really"
"Maybe the wings fell off, do you think the wings could have fallen off?"
"Um, it a smoking hole, can't say TBH"
"They could have run out of fuel. Was it a fuel problem? Was it?"
"Em, its a crater, we can't say anything right now"
"What about a flock of birds? I mean birds can take out an airliner right? Maybe birds hit the engine, the engine exploded, the wings fell off and it crashed, do you think thats it?"
"Its just a crater...."
"IT WAS BIRDS WASN'T IT? BIRDS! WHY ISN'T THE GOVT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT FLOCKS OF BIRDS GODDAMIT"

Maybe its the historical sense of invincibility, attacks on America have been apparently unexpected and have punctured the arrogance and complacency which causes people to lose it big time.
that is almost 100% a byproduct of the american mass media. they need narrative. they need a story to sell. they need any scrape of information they can get - preferably before and over rival networks. that is, of course, all driven by the advertising/profit motive, not any philanthropic or public-service impulse for the utilitarian 'greater good'. they want scoops, because scoops means attribution, which means advertisement, which means profit and promotion. the 'news industry' is just that in america: an industrial process, where raw production and output comes before any consideration of quality. 24-hour news coverage is the most obvious symptom and cause.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard